Vocal Breakdown on something to talk about

The Exhale Psychic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this performance. It's perfect? No.

I think this was barely rehearsed, we know she doesn't sing live so It lacks training and she was middle concert.

To be really honest I didn't think Britney could sing have of a song live anymore. After the talking/singing from most of her recent songs and the Britney Jean fiasco I kinda lost faith in Britney as an singer for awhile.

This performance to me shows she still has It. I don't think the voice is severely damaged, but she definitely needs a coach and the baby voice ruins certain parts.

The end of the baby voice would benefit Britney in every way. The rebrand era, something more mature, this alone would create a lot of buzz for her.

saying she damaged her voice by smoking is a heck of a reach. She won’t severely “damage” what she barely uses. It’ll affect her tone, support and ability to swiftly change from chest to head voice and vice versa (which I personally think is one of her best features as a vocalist), but won’t “destroy” them.

If she aspired  to become some vocal beast like Whitney or Mariah, then yeah, it would be a huge problem because it would demand a great effort for a smoker to perform such vocals, but that’s not her style.

What Britney lacks is training. She hasn’t worked on her technique in a long while and that is her issue on most live performances. If she keeps on relying on lip syncing, it won’t get to her... but if she ever decides to become a completely live vocal act, touring and performing and all, then she will definitely have to ditch cigarettes to be able to healthily do so. Ask Adele what singing live and smoking got her

2 hours ago, sugarfallxofme said:

can someone who actually knows ab vocals and everything explain me why britney’s voice sounds very different in glory? like it sounds more baby-ish than before, and personally don’t like it that much :eheeek:

women’s voice naturally get deeper with age. I believe they tried to make up for it by pitch correcting it artificially so it would sound more like Britney and well... it came as unnatural as it could.

She should ditch the pitching effects altogether and go for a natural matured sound. It’s unrealistic for producer (and her public) to expect for her to sound in her 40’s just the same as her 16-years-old self 

31 minutes ago, Lurker93 said:

women’s voice naturally get deeper with age. I believe they tried to make up for it by pitch correcting it artificially so it would sound more like Britney and well... it came as unnatural as it could.

She should ditch the pitching effects altogether and go for a natural matured sound. It’s unrealistic for producer (and her public) to expect for her to sound in her 40’s just the same as her 16-years-old self 

thank u! i always wondered why her voice sounded so artificial and “baby-ish” even though in Britney Jean (at least the parts she actually did sing :cheese:) she sounded pretty much like she did every time 

12 hours ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

Her Vocal Here is Interesting. its a mixture of the Baby sweeter tone and a darker deeper tone. you can tell that her voice is damaged sadly. i think she uses the baby voice not just because she has to. i think its more comfortable for her now to use it. even with her speaking aswell. so i sadly again think she will use this baby tone  Indefinitly.   also in her speaking which is a shame

I would like to hear you guys sing! if you can't sing you don't know what you're talking about! despite the fact she just did cardio for like 60 minutes she delivered stunning vocals! Her voice is full at the right times which should be a sign to you that she can pull off all the notes but she is just playing around with the notes... 

8 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

All she needs is proper vocal training. She’s straining to speak higher and to sing the way she does. Training can help her get some of it back and there’s a vocal coach out there that recently explained that too

We have people out literally trying to unsuccessfully try to mimic her style(Ariana). You really think she hasn't had THE BEST VOCAL COACHES? Do you sing in her style ? is that what makes you a pro and if so can we hear some?

2 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

BPD is quite different. Why are you so quick to judge other people and especially people that might have a mental illness

How do you know she's bipolar? Also I pointed out how meds can change her voice. Maybe she has some mental illness but I don't trust anything that CONteam says.

3 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

I would like to hear you guys sing! if you can't sing you don't know what you're talking about! despite the fact she just did cardio for like 60 minutes she delivered stunning vocals! Her voice is full at the right times which should be a sign to you that she can pull off all the notes but she is just playing around with the notes... 

Wow thats rude. so i am a singer and vocal coach. i have been singing for 12 years and have been a vocal coach for 3. i took a vocal coaching course and passed with top grades. so dont say things like that 

Archived