Vocal Breakdown on something to talk about

The Exhale Psychic

Her Vocal Here is Interesting. its a mixture of the Baby sweeter tone and a darker deeper tone. you can tell that her voice is damaged sadly. i think she uses the baby voice not just because she has to. i think its more comfortable for her now to use it. even with her speaking aswell. so i sadly again think she will use this baby tone  Indefinitly.   also in her speaking which is a shame

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vocals are all over the place. She struggles with tone and her head voice. If she did intense vocal training she could get back to her natural voice, but between the smoking and misusing of her voice her chords have to be pretty badly damaged. 

Just now, PZHSB said:

The vocals are all over the place. She struggles with tone and her head voice. If she did intense vocal training she could get back to her natural voice, but between the smoking and misusing of her voice her chords have to be pretty badly damaged. 

i do agree with the head voice particularly. i however disagree with having vocal training. i am a vocal coach myself and i could't teach Britney . her  Voice have been to badly damaged. Also i know she has had Vocal training during Glory Era. So why Was she using the Baby Tone. Well due to the fact that if she sang in a way other than that, her voice could be damaged even more. so the baby voice is kind of like a Plaster (If you are in the US i think you call in band aid) on her Voice.

A bit over the place? Yes.
Severely damaged? No.
How can someone who barely ever sings damage her vocal chords so badly? C'mon guys there's no overuse nor "wrong use" of it in live performances and she records albuns every other few years in studios: controlled environment where she can just safely redo something that sounds off. It's not like she has to go out of her way to make it superb, even so because she is talented in her singing. It's not because she was coached into this more nasal highpitched tone that she can't do any other thing. A lot of producers, since earlier days, have always praised on how fast she can get a track done.
She didn't sing it at the top of her ability here because she lacks practice, specially for this deeper tone. 
If she ever decides to take on her artistry seriously again and give them pipes some proper training, she can easily go back to belting the likes of FTBOMBH, no doubt. Probably just with a more matured tone. 
You doubt how well she does it? Go back to carpool karaoke and rewatch the Baby One More Time part. James is practically yelling his words and even so he can't make her vocals fade, not one bit. Her belt is supported, her breathing control is great and the comes natural to her, even being the "baby voice". Watch her do the little humming/moan and compare to his... she knows how to work it by heart and he goes flat... that's a tone she has control over, maybe just not while heavy dancing. 

10 minutes ago, LetsRoll said:

And tons of medication that makes her sound like chipmunk or terminator :(

I don't think mental health medications change the tone of your voice.. I personally have Borderline Personality Disorder and I've been taking these type of medications and my voice did not change..

9 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

She has smoked for over 20 years. Her vocal chords are damaged from that alone. Y’all are delusional 

She has terrible technique and thats it. Theres no indication In this video that She has some type of damage on her vocals. If thats the case she had damage during peak in 2001/2003 cause those vocals from 2018 sounds way better than some live vocals from her peak like everytime from onyx miami where She sounded like a dying cat :jl:

5 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Also per multiple vocal coaches. Smoking does not damage ur vocals to extent ppl claim. If anything some artist smoke on purpose because it gives them husk (dirt) in their vocals.

mmmmm. smoking causes mucus and inflamed vocal chords making  sliding between notes tricky. i never tell my students to ever smoke. but when you said about a husk in the voice. do you think that is how britney got her baby tone from oops onwards. because of smoking?

1 hour ago, Lurker93 said:

A bit over the place? Yes.
Severely damaged? No.
How can someone who barely ever sings damage her vocal chords so badly? C'mon guys there's no overuse nor "wrong use" of it in live performances and she records albuns every other few years in studios: controlled environment where she can just safely redo something that sounds off. It's not like she has to go out of her way to make it superb, even so because she is talented in her singing. It's not because she was coached into this more nasal highpitched tone that she can't do any other thing. A lot of producers, since earlier days, have always praised on how fast she can get a track done.
She didn't sing it at the top of her ability here because she lacks practice, specially for this deeper tone. 
If she ever decides to take on her artistry seriously again and give them pipes some proper training, she can easily go back to belting the likes of FTBOMBH, no doubt. Probably just with a more matured tone. 
You doubt how well she does it? Go back to carpool karaoke and rewatch the Baby One More Time part. James is practically yelling his words and even so he can't make her vocals fade, not one bit. Her belt is supported, her breathing control is great and the comes natural to her, even being the "baby voice". Watch her do the little humming/moan and compare to his... she knows how to work it by heart and he goes flat... that's a tone she has control over, maybe just not while heavy dancing. 

Agreed.

Smoking has likely damaged her voice much more than the fake voice although I still don't think it's extremely damaged. The fake voice probably just made her get lazy with her technique/not care. However if she did try, she could easily sing great.

25 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

There is also another reason why i think she will keep using this baby voice for recording

its her signature sound. its what makes her singing her. if she changed the GP would probably not like it

I'm sure the general public would be here for it though. They think she can't sing.

Archived