Katy Perry apologizes and addresses criticism regarding past comments she made about Britney Spears: humor had always been a way to deflect

4 hours ago, whatwhatwhat said:

People would have been mad if she issued a small "I'm sorry" and moved onto the next subject (which she may/may not have) but now that she has issued a more elaborate apology people are also mad?

It's like people enjoy staying angry :receipts2:

I’m not mad about the Britney comments. I never really cared tbh, especially as much as some people here. It’s great she admitted she was wrong. I’m just saying, to me, if you’re not saying sorry, it’s not an apology. I more had a problem with the title of this thread than I did with Katy’s statement. 

• Like 2

My first record didn't take off until I was 23 so I was perhaps in a different headspace to someone who became successful at a younger age. If you're starting at 14 or 15 your maturity hasn't fully evolved. I'm not going to say I won't mess up, because someday I might want to shave my head. But not today because I'll get sunburn! I'm lucky because I have a great support system.

"You think you signed up for one thing, but you automatically sign up for a hundred others. And that is why you see people shaving their ******* heads."

But she does want to talk about Beyoncé: "Oh my God. I'm such a big Beyoncé fan. Beyoncé just put out a video! You've got to see this video!" She's referring to the now viral grainy, black-and-white 11-minute reel featuring a barefaced, teary-eyed Beyoncé, spouting existential verse set to moody music. "I was like, Finallllly. Finally I see you. I don't see some propaganda version of you. I see you; I relate to who you are. We all talk about what's going on with her relationship, blah, blah, blah. She always seems to put out that fire by clinking champagne glasses into the sunset. But she's being so real for the first time. I cried when I saw it."

What the hell, Katy has thoughts on a few more pop stars: "Lady Gaga's so pretty without [makeup]. When she posts her bare face, I'm like, Please! Vulnerability! We want you to be vulnerable."

And Adele: "Adele is so real and couldn't care less about the trappings of fame. She came to a show at the Hammersmith Apollo in England and stole my after-show burrito. She's like [heavy British accent], 'How the **** did you get a burrito in England?' "

Britney: "I'll never have Britney abs."

As a big fan of Katy Perry's discography, I've always known how insensitive, insulting at some extent, her jokes might be like when she made remarks of being a skinnier version of Lily Allen. But if y'all will think about it, she's always been in lose-lose situations in whether she openly admittedly learned from those criticisms or not, there will always be people to doubt her. I mean, criticisms will always be a big part of society especially in entertainment industry, but can we all just chill and appreciate her braveness and give the PREGNANT woman a break.

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, summer2summer said:

After she ate sh it?? Funny . 

Im not buying it katy hairy . Let those other stan bases praise u though . I'll enjoy her music on youtube and besides that im not a supporter. 

I've got every celebrity's name that bad mouthed Britney written on a red paper. 

Your album still won't do well. B itch :katyclown:

Now SMILE and wave :chrissy:

Once she's free, there needs to be a cancel movement on everyone who's done her wrong, I mean whether you meant it or not, she had to bare the heat while the mean girls in hollywood s****** from afar behind the scenes.

Hollywood needs a deep cleanse

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I’m glad she's apologised although she really should have done it after those comments were made. Mental health is not something to joke about. 

Just like Craig Ferguson said, it’s hard to joke about something you too went through. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Imagine if our entire society has this outlook on life, that we should never allow people time and space to grow and change but instead hold grudges for past misgivings and judge their whole personality by it :pensiveney:

Britney herself as stipulated that she isn't perfect and she make mistakes too, and we as fans were willing to see past her mistakes and watch her mature into the woman she is now.  

Alas, I cannot change how you perceive a certain celebrity nor is it going to benefit me in any way if I could, but it's not up to me to impugn your morals and principles. 

Bruh where is the " Im sorry if i offended Britney spears , the reason why i became a popstar and failed at it " ??

She didnt even achkowledge her name . Some of you just love to kiss ***. She's bitter af for this " apology" :chrissy:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bundy said:

My first record didn't take off until I was 23 so I was perhaps in a different headspace to someone who became successful at a younger age. If you're starting at 14 or 15 your maturity hasn't fully evolved. I'm not going to say I won't mess up, because someday I might want to shave my head. But not today because I'll get sunburn! I'm lucky because I have a great support system.

"You think you signed up for one thing, but you automatically sign up for a hundred others. And that is why you see people shaving their ******* heads."

But she does want to talk about Beyoncé: "Oh my God. I'm such a big Beyoncé fan. Beyoncé just put out a video! You've got to see this video!" She's referring to the now viral grainy, black-and-white 11-minute reel featuring a barefaced, teary-eyed Beyoncé, spouting existential verse set to moody music. "I was like, Finallllly. Finally I see you. I don't see some propaganda version of you. I see you; I relate to who you are. We all talk about what's going on with her relationship, blah, blah, blah. She always seems to put out that fire by clinking champagne glasses into the sunset. But she's being so real for the first time. I cried when I saw it."

What the hell, Katy has thoughts on a few more pop stars: "Lady Gaga's so pretty without [makeup]. When she posts her bare face, I'm like, Please! Vulnerability! We want you to be vulnerable."

And Adele: "Adele is so real and couldn't care less about the trappings of fame. She came to a show at the Hammersmith Apollo in England and stole my after-show burrito. She's like [heavy British accent], 'How the **** did you get a burrito in England?' "

Britney: "I'll never have Britney abs."

Britney fans are too gullible and too much of *** kissers for them to realise that she has the worst condescending attitude towards Britney and it's VERY evident. I remember reading something like " i dobt get passed songs like Britney spears i write my own"  . This wasn't even an apology . She literally addressed herself. 

Some people that have constantly tried to harm Britney should never been given a pass . But i mean Jordan gave pigrez a platform on this site so what do you expect? Its Britney fans for u . 

• Love 4