Katy Perry apologizes and addresses criticism regarding past comments she made about Britney Spears: humor had always been a way to deflect

Sometimes people have to go through it themselves to realize how hard and hurtful it can be. She’s done that and acknowledged it and apologized, like an adult. Let’s all be adults and allow it to be left in the past, Britney probably couldn’t give half a **** about it so neither should any of y’all. Mature and move on.

• Super Mods
On 8/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, Bundy said:

My first record didn't take off until I was 23 so I was perhaps in a different headspace to someone who became successful at a younger age. If you're starting at 14 or 15 your maturity hasn't fully evolved. I'm not going to say I won't mess up, because someday I might want to shave my head. But not today because I'll get sunburn! I'm lucky because I have a great support system.

"You think you signed up for one thing, but you automatically sign up for a hundred others. And that is why you see people shaving their ******* heads."

But she does want to talk about Beyoncé: "Oh my God. I'm such a big Beyoncé fan. Beyoncé just put out a video! You've got to see this video!" She's referring to the now viral grainy, black-and-white 11-minute reel featuring a barefaced, teary-eyed Beyoncé, spouting existential verse set to moody music. "I was like, Finallllly. Finally I see you. I don't see some propaganda version of you. I see you; I relate to who you are. We all talk about what's going on with her relationship, blah, blah, blah. She always seems to put out that fire by clinking champagne glasses into the sunset. But she's being so real for the first time. I cried when I saw it."

What the hell, Katy has thoughts on a few more pop stars: "Lady Gaga's so pretty without [makeup]. When she posts her bare face, I'm like, Please! Vulnerability! We want you to be vulnerable."

And Adele: "Adele is so real and couldn't care less about the trappings of fame. She came to a show at the Hammersmith Apollo in England and stole my after-show burrito. She's like [heavy British accent], 'How the **** did you get a burrito in England?' "

Britney: "I'll never have Britney abs."

I cant believe she said that but then again maybe I can believe it.

Idk what her deal with Britney is, Britney has praised her and said that she would love to collab with her.

Its a shame that she dislikes Britney cause I think a collab would be awesome and would give her another 1# that she obviously trying to get 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Now it’s Shaw Mendes turn. We didn’t forget about this boo boo

Tbh he can be nice to his fans bc he fears flopping into oblivion, but he was so ******* disrespectful. What was his problem with Britney? Is bc hes a Justin Timberlake wannabe? **** him. Ill give Justin Bieber credit tho. He had never talked **** about Britney, even when he was a kid or before he had problems himself. He went to her hotel to meet her, said he had a crush on her and even kissed her pic at the VMAs. And this is why Shawn will never have the success both Justin or Harry have had bc they have chosen the right side of history: liking Britney :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:   Btw, all 1D guys were always nice talking about Britney, Britney was even the first show Zayn ever went to and Harry has Britney tshirts. 

13 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I cant believe she said that but then again maybe I can believe it.

Idk what her deal with Britney is, Britney has praised her and said that she would love to collab with her.

Its a shame that she dislikes Britney cause I think a collab would be awesome and would give her another 1# that she obviously trying to get 

She seems jealous and pressed about Britney for some reason. She was so fake with Britney at the Smurfs premiere and then dressing as Britney the following year. She always talked **** about Britney even when Britney praised her a lot, but media only noticed in 2017. Im glad people saw her **** and called her out. 

Tbh? I think shes trash and I wouldnt want Britney to collab with her, not even when Katy was topping the charts. She can keep her trashy songs to herself. 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Bundy said:

She seems jealous and pressed about Britney for some reason. She was so fake with Britney at the Smurfs premiere and then dressing as Britney the following year. She always talked **** about Britney even when Britney praised her a lot, but media only noticed in 2017. Im glad people saw her **** and called her out. 

Tbh? I think shes trash and I wouldnt want Britney to collab with her, not even when Katy was topping the charts. She can keep her trashy songs to herself. 

I think its cause she wants to be a legend like Britney but she knows deep down that wont happen,

so she just acts resentful and rude towards her.

I mean seriously the whole "head shaving" thing is SO 2007!

When will people move on to another joke??

I feel bad if Britney ever found out about all the cruel thing Katy's said about her,

it would hurt her 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I think its cause she wants to be a legend like Britney but she knows deep down that wont happen,

so she just acts resentful and rude towards her.

I mean seriously the whole "head shaving" thing is SO 2007!

When will people move on to another joke??

I feel bad if Britney ever found out about all the cruel thing Katy's said about her,

it would hurt her 

But she praises many others successful female stars. Beyonce, Rihanna, Adele... But she sure had a problem with Britney. Maybe she thought Britney was talentless and didnt deserve the success she had?Maybe she didnt take Britney seriously? Maybe she hated Britney bc she thought she deserved to be bigger than Britney or bc she thought she was crazy? Hell, she could even be a hater. Not even Avril or Pink when they tried to act as anti-Britneys were this mean to Britney. Katys jokes about Britney were when she was in her late 20s and early 30s, theres no excuse for that, even more when she knew damn well that Britney liked her. 

The whole 2007 joke is so old, mean and pointless when people talk about mental health awareness, but tbh not many artists mock Britney that way for years. For some reason, Katy still thought it was funny to make these jokes until 2017, and she only stopped bc it backfired! So fake preaching about feminism and attacking another woman like that, someone who only had nice words to say about her. 

I bet that if Britney ever heard about, shed def be upset. Its funny that since the grammys jokes, she never mentioned Katy ever again tho. 

6 minutes ago, Bundy said:

But she praises many others successful female stars. Beyonce, Rihanna, Adele... But she sure had a problem with Britney. Maybe she thought Britney was talentless and didnt deserve the success she had?Maybe she didnt take Britney seriously? Maybe she hated Britney bc she thought she deserved to be bigger than Britney or bc she thought she was crazy? Hell, she could even be a hater. Not even Avril or Pink when they tried to act as anti-Britneys were this mean to Britney. Katys jokes about Britney were when she was in her late 20s and early 30s, theres no excuse for that, even more when she knew damn well that Britney liked her. 

The whole 2007 joke is so old, mean and pointless when people talk about mental health awareness, but tbh not many artists mock Britney that way for years. For some reason, Katy still thought it was funny to make these jokes until 2017, and she only stopped bc it backfired! So fake preaching about feminism and attacking another woman like that, someone who only had nice words to say about her. 

I bet that if Britney ever heard about, shed def be upset. Its funny that since the grammys jokes, she never mentioned Katy ever again tho. 

Britney has always been an exception the rule for feminists. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Like 1