Katy Perry apologizes and addresses criticism regarding past comments she made about Britney Spears: humor had always been a way to deflect

I don't see any I'M SORRY here...

I want to hear her saying I'm sorry Britney! It's easy to come and cry and make excuse like "I was in a bad place, people didn't understand my sense of humor!" KIO, Britney is in a bad place since 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but she said anything but nice things about you!!! She never trashed anybody because she was sad or frustrated! And her situation is 100 times worst, still these days... Britney was a huge fan of her, can't imagine how Britney felt when this little clown attacked her for nothing, again and again!

kATY acted like she was woke and feminist but it was all fake! She was mean! Glad Taytay ended her!

• Love 3
  • Like 2

She admitted what she was doing when she said that. Sounds like she learned, so good job Katy. With that being said just note that in the future don’t hide behind someone else’s mental status as an excuse to cover up yours with humor. I think she’s learned. We can all grow. Doesn’t happen over night just whenever it’s time. Can’t rush that ****.

39 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

Where's the apology?

It seems really hard for Katy even mention Britney's name, but she apologized Taylor Swift correctly even tho Tay did a song dragging her and being successful while doing It (Bad Blood).

Because Taylor was commercially more popular at the time so of course Katy Clown thought it would help her when it barely made a dent in her ten leading singles :katyclown:

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Because Taylor was commercially more popular at the time so of course Katy Clown thought it would help her when it barely made a dent in her ten leading singles :katyclown:

True. Katy talked about Britney and Mariah a few times as throwbacks, she probably thought they were so irrelevant for today's public that she could say whatever she wants.

2020 Katy Perry is the proof karma is real lol. :katyclown:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, nanabs said:

I think you can save your energy by quoting everyone who hasn't forgiven her or doesn't believe what she said. She said very sad things about Britney and her delicate moment SEVERAL TIMES. Even if she apologizes, it's done. She is a public figure, and she is aware of that. 

Exactly! It wasnt just at the grammys, she was mean to Britney many times even before that while Britney only had nice things to say about her, but only at the Grammys gp and media paid attention to it. I remember there were quite a few articles at the time kinda calling Katy out for doing that and she didnt say a word about, she just pretended nothing happened. She obviously didnt think she was going to flop, so she didnt think she needed to address anything. 

Her shades towards Britney began years before 2017 but shes trying to act they only happened in 2017 bc she was in a bad place that year. What about before that bc I remember a huge thread exposing all the times she shaded Britney at that time. I dont buy her excuses and she didnt even bother to say Britneys name and say sorry. What a ******* feminist shes. She acted above Britney many times and trashed her for no reason. She always wants attention. 

Funny that her so called "sorry" only came now that she has an album to promote that no one cares about and FreeBritney is a thing that everyone and their mothers are talking about her cship, her case, her mental health yada yada. I also think Kunty is saying that now bc it goes along with her "happiest Ive ever been" charade. (im not saying she isnt happy but it seems like she wants to emphasize shes so happy now, put together and past whatever happened in her last era.)

Unless there's more that wasn't quoted, she doesn't sound like she's sorry. It just sounds like a justification, like, it was ok because it was her way to cope with whatever thing she was going on. Using humor, because of course Britney Spears is the ultimate joke in the world of funny things.

Not like I was gonna start to like  her just if she apologized though, so she can keep being Katy Perry :katyfrog:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 3