Katy Perry apologizes and addresses criticism regarding past comments she made about Britney Spears: humor had always been a way to deflect

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Bundy said:

But she praises many others successful female stars. Beyonce, Rihanna, Adele... But she sure had a problem with Britney. Maybe she thought Britney was talentless and didnt deserve the success she had?Maybe she didnt take Britney seriously? Maybe she hated Britney bc she thought she deserved to be bigger than Britney or bc she thought she was crazy? Hell, she could even be a hater. Not even Avril or Pink when they tried to act as anti-Britneys were this mean to Britney. Katys jokes about Britney were when she was in her late 20s and early 30s, theres no excuse for that, even more when she knew damn well that Britney liked her. 

The whole 2007 joke is so old, mean and pointless when people talk about mental health awareness, but tbh not many artists mock Britney that way for years. For some reason, Katy still thought it was funny to make these jokes until 2017, and she only stopped bc it backfired! So fake preaching about feminism and attacking another woman like that, someone who only had nice words to say about her. 

I bet that if Britney ever heard about, shed def be upset. Its funny that since the grammys jokes, she never mentioned Katy ever again tho. 

Yeah I do think what you said about her maybe thinking she was better than Britney and probably was one of those singers who think Britney is manufactured. Just cause you make an "artsy" album, doesnt mean your better than everyone else. Katy is DEFINITELY pretentious and egotistical.

Also this isnt the first time she's rude to a legend, she was rude to Paul Mccartney and bragging that she beat his record or something. Its on youtube if u wanna see it.

Yeah well im glad everyone attacked her for those comments. I mean its been 13 years, people gotta move on!

Britney has such a sweet and kind heart that it would hurt me to see her sad.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Britney has always been an exception the rule for feminists. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Exactly! I saw only one feminist page talking about Britneys situation on instagram!!! Its almost like many of them think "Britney is white and straight, she isnt fat, she USED to be pretty and fit. Shes rich and USED to be successful and famous without any talent, so **** her" 

It feels like it doesnt even matter that Britney is a woman, even If they think shes the most privileged white woman in the world. They dont care about her dad being abusive or If she wasnt always rich or didnt have anyone powerful/in the industry to help her like Beyoncé, Taylor and Gaga had. they keep pretending shes just a rich little girl who did many ***** and lost her mind. They preach so much about mental health awareness but Britney doesnt care bc shes really crazy, right? :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:FreeBritney is all over the news and the majority still isnt interested to even search about to know better about whats going on with her life.  Do they care about a mom not being able to see her kids when she wants to? That she allegedly cant even have kids or get marry? That she is given an allowance even tho she has worked since she was a child? That a MAN (who is abusive, had a drinking problem and never was close to her) has so much power over her? That her dad wants her to resume her career even tho she wants him out of her life? That her brother treats her like a cash machine without feelings and that her wishes doesnt matter bc the cship has been good for the family, Britney is the worst driver in the world and cant make reservations? That he talks about her as the family business? Does it matter that she cant date whoever she wants to date bc Jamie has to approve them? That he does background check on them first? That her ex-fiancé was her co-conservator for a while? What about the fact she has been threatned before? That her kids were used for that? That she has no control over her career as well? That she cant buy anything or go out alone without her dads permission? Or that she was probably forced into a facility? And besides all that, she was still good to work for 10 years, even tho she cant even control or spend her money as she wishes. What about that a stalker forced herself into her life? And all the ***ism that Britney suffered from the media, gp and exes? Or that people still want to discredit her success and fame till this day for whatever reason. 

Her name is always on the news, her case is being covered a lot and still feminists, leftists still choose to ignore whats going on with her. People are such hypocrites. Can u imagine if the movement was about Beyoncé or Rihanna instead? They would be talking all day long about it and calling people racists If they dared to not care about them. They love to praise them for whatever **** they do, but Britney going thru this and fighting to remove her dad just doesnt matter bc she never called herself a feminist, right? 

34 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I do think what you said about her maybe thinking she was better than Britney and probably was one of those singers who think Britney is manufactured. Just cause you make an "artsy" album, doesnt mean your better than everyone else. Katy is DEFINITELY pretentious and egotistical.

Also this isnt the first time she's rude to a legend, she was rude to Paul Mccartney and bragging that she beat his record or something. Its on youtube if u wanna see it.

Yeah well im glad everyone attacked her for those comments. I mean its been 13 years, people gotta move on!

Britney has such a sweet and kind heart that it would hurt me to see her sad.

Katy probably thought she was above Britney, too bad she was never taken seriously :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

I saw her **** with Paul, shes such an idiot thinking was funny to brag about having 10 number ones in 5 years and that Beatles could have many more than they do. She probably thought she would have other 10 more in the next 5 years too and look at her now :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I feel bad for Britney too bc she didnt deserve all the **** she still gets, but with what she went thru in the first 10 years of her career, I dont think that Katys words would hurt that bad tho. 

57 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Exactly! I saw only one feminist page talking about Britneys situation on instagram!!! Its almost like many of them think "Britney is white and straight, she isnt fat, she USED to be pretty and fit. Shes rich and USED to be successful and famous without any talent, so **** her" 

It feels like it doesnt even matter that Britney is a woman, even If they think shes the most privileged white woman in the world. They dont care about her dad being abusive or If she wasnt always rich or didnt have anyone powerful/in the industry to help her like Beyoncé, Taylor and Gaga had. they keep pretending shes just a rich little girl who did many ***** and lost her mind. They preach so much about mental health awareness but Britney doesnt care bc shes really crazy, right? :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:FreeBritney is all over the news and the majority still isnt interested to even search about to know better about whats going on with her life.  Do they care about a mom not being able to see her kids when she wants to? That she allegedly cant even have kids or get marry? That she is given an allowance even tho she has worked since she was a child? That a MAN (who is abusive, had a drinking problem and never was close to her) has so much power over her? That her dad wants her to resume her career even tho she wants him out of her life? That her brother treats her like a cash machine without feelings and that her wishes doesnt matter bc the cship has been good for the family, Britney is the worst driver in the world and cant make reservations? That he talks about her as the family business? Does it matter that she cant date whoever she wants to date bc Jamie has to approve them? That he does background check on them first? That her ex-fiancé was her co-conservator for a while? What about the fact she has been threatned before? That her kids were used for that? That she has no control over her career as well? That she cant buy anything or go out alone without her dads permission? Or that she was probably forced into a facility? And besides all that, she was still good to work for 10 years, even tho she cant even control or spend her money as she wishes. What about that a stalker forced herself into her life? And all the ***ism that Britney suffered from the media, gp and exes? Or that people still want to discredit her success and fame till this day for whatever reason. 

Her name is always on the news, her case is being covered a lot and still feminists, leftists still choose to ignore whats going on with her. People are such hypocrites. Can u imagine if the movement was about Beyoncé or Rihanna instead? They would be talking all day long about it and calling people racists If they dared to not care about them. They love to praise them for whatever **** they do, but Britney going thru this and fighting to remove her dad just doesnt matter bc she never called herself a feminist, right? 

God, it's annoying, I've seen people say Britney was just a successful Ashlee Simpson and claim that Britney's alleged privileged upbringing is the only reason she has a career. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Maybe it's the fact that Britney is pretty much the most recognizable symbol of the Blonde and White Miss American Dream stereotype of this century that leads them to believe Britney wasn't training at a young age to be a singer and that she didn't get her career because of any wealth. 

Even career-wise, so many celebs get a pass for having a less than decent voice and are considered "legends" but then they think Britney is "talentless".

It's always been so weird to me how It's ironic because come 70 years from now and Britney will be seen like Marilyn Monroe, icon for feminists and pop culture. Also ironic how she has more feminist songs than most of those artists who trash Britney and claim to be a feminist. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
21 hours ago, Bundy said:

Katy probably thought she was above Britney, too bad she was never taken seriously :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

I saw her **** with Paul, shes such an idiot thinking was funny to brag about having 10 number ones in 5 years and that Beatles could have many more than they do. She probably thought she would have other 10 more in the next 5 years too and look at her now :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I feel bad for Britney too bc she didnt deserve all the **** she still gets, but with what she went thru in the first 10 years of her career, I dont think that Katys words would hurt that bad tho. 

Yeah cause Katy never grew out of the bubbble gum teen pop persona while Britney did. (Like candy colored outfits and teddy bears were ever appropriate for a 30 yr old)

I think thats why she's flopping now cause people only liked her for that and I'll admit I USED to like her but that was when I was 16-17, now not really.

Yeah and now karma has got her for that and its good cause you should always be humble towards people that have more experience than you.

True. Thats why I love Britney so much cause she's a sweetheart.

Sometimes I think its good that she's blocked away from the world cause god knows what would happen if she was exposed to mean comments like on her instagram. That would send her into another breakdown

• Love 1

I'm all for dark humor, even offensive humor, but timing, context, and some people's feelings, should be taken into account. But, with Katy Perry, I sensed a sharp, envious, energy, about her, with those jokes! My gut was telling me that she wasn't joking, but was doing those jokes as a putdown. That's the difference between a comedian just being edgy, and someone using jokes as a way to demean someone!