Katy Perry apologizes and addresses criticism regarding past comments she made about Britney Spears: humor had always been a way to deflect

1. She was old enough to know that those comments were just unnecessary and stupid, especially coming after Britney Spears who did nothing to her!!
2. She had enough time to apologize and reflect on what she said. Perhaps she didn't had the intention to shade her, a tweet would have been enough to clarify and all would be good.
3. This isn't an apology

• Love 2
  • Like 4

I think what Katy said in those past interviews was, as she put it, sloppy and insensitive. However, I’ve said some really sloppy insensitive **** in my life. We all have. Forgiveness is such an important part of the journey. I’m not mad at Katy. She’s fine in my book. :mhm:
I’m so weary of cancel culture at this point. Plenty of people on here have no problem laughing at another’s expense. Don’t be such hypocrites. Honestly, I laughed my *** off reading through that thread about Jamie Lynn’s exercise video, though some of those comments were seriously harmful. :tired:
But I’m not about to drag and condemn Katy Perry for a couple of distasteful jokes she made several years ago. Moving on. :overitkbye:

• Love 2

IMO kp is that kinda of person "who loses a friend but doesnt lose the joke". (is a brazilian saying, not sure its used elsewhere). 

I think she was shady (and she knew it), and this apology could have a lil bit more of "im sorry" and way less "self victimism".

And NO, im not a kp hater, I really dig her music!!! 

• Like 1

People like to hate and that's just how it is. I would like to see this same energy for everybody who joked about that, on every online forum/twitter/etc.  :brityawning: 

Funny enough a lot of people who has this hate energy weren't even a Britney fan during 2007 I believe, because the fans knows how it is when the world hates your favorite singer. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Urbanney said:

But where is the “I’m sorry?"

People would have been mad if she issued a small "I'm sorry" and moved onto the next subject (which she may/may not have) but now that she has issued a more elaborate apology people are also mad?

It's like people enjoy staying angry :receipts2:

I think she is flopping harder than what she deserves, daisies was nice and smile is catchy, not her best but still catchy. But, come on, she is saying this things only because she is flopping. If she really understanded how bad were her jokes than she would apologize directly to Britney by saying her name, that would be a respectful behavior. She is only acting like any bully on the internet that apologize only when is obliged. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators

I'm glad she has finally addressed it again although I've heard her apologize about it in the Witness live stream when she was streaming her life for a few days.

It will be enough for people who don't hate her to move on, but for people who hate her, it will obviously never be enough.

I believe she loves or respects Britney though.

• Like 4