Ellen DeGeneres reportedly wants out of her show, could be replaced by James Corden

On 7/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, DonoDotto said:

I know this will sound a lottle conspirational, but honestly I only started hearing complaints about her ever since she got backlash from saying shes friends with [Republican] George Bush. 

I disagree - I think she started exposing herself as she felt more comfortable being herself (being rude to guests under the pretense it was "funny") she humiliated countless of them on the air including Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.

She peaked when this happened: 

https://youtu.be/Cn3AgNC2TSk 

And she thought doing this to anyone in her audience was funny?

I mean.....the turned off the comments section for a reason

schitts creek deal with it GIF by CBC

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yes I’ve gotten the vibe that she’s not the happy Ellen she portrays for years now and I’m glad she’s finally being exposed 

Same and it wasn’t even the gossip. It stopped being funny how she picks on her staff and getting joy out of seeing people get startled. Not to mention putting celebrities on the spot...poor Mariah and I bet Ellen probably doesn’t even felt a bit guilty about the miscarriage. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

While reading her statement, I can't overlook that this show has been on air for more than 17 seasons, over 2800+ episodes, and just now she realised there was something off, and she was a bit disconnected, rumors about the toxic culture on Ellen Show and on her persona have been consistent for several years. 

"As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done. Clearly some didn’t."

Even without the latest press exposure for the toxic culture on The Ellen Show, just after her first show at home, she didn't acknowledge that her joke was tone deaf, she thought it was fine. So all this apology is just saving face. She's so disconnected that only when media and GP are on her really bad she will say something, other than she will remain unbothered.

• Like 3
On 7/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, Puppy said:

basically a "I'm sorry you feel that way" :ririshade2:

Exactly my thoughts. 

Honestly, some say "she is not bad" but saying someone is good or bad is very binary. She has been a douche with many people. Many people become awful humans out.of pain and hurt. So? Does that justify their behavior towards others? Whatever reason she has, she has.not been nice. 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

Honestly, some say "she is not bad" but saying someone is good or bad is very binomial. She has been a douche with many people. Many people become awful humans out.of pain and hurt. So? Does that justify their behavior towards others? Whatever reason she has, she has.not been nice. 

yeah I read some comments saying that at least she is acknowledging her mistakes....yeah because you got caught and I'm sure the studios are putting pressure on you now. I completely agree with you, I come from a broken family but I will never act that way to others just my parents did that to me. She's vile on and off set and most importantly how she mistreats Portia and basically keeps her as a house pet and it pains me to hear that she had always wanted children but because Ellen hates kids, she can't have any so she's always lonely. I hope cancel culture take her down and get her off the air, karma is a *****

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Puppy said:

yeah I read some comments saying that at least she is acknowledging her mistakes....yeah because you got caught and I'm sure the studios are putting pressure on you now. I completely agree with you, I come from a broken family but I will never act that way to others just my parents did that to me. She's vile on and off set and most importantly how she mistreats Portia and basically keeps her as a house pet and it pains me to hear that she had always wanted children but because Ellen hates kids, she can't have any so she's always lonely. I hope cancel culture take her down and get her off the air, karma is a *****

Exactly. Our culture not only created, but rewards personality disorders. We celebrate wrecklessness because it's entertaining, we applaud and elevate narcissists as gods because they make everyone believe they are "special" and they are above everyone else. This could go on and on,but anyways, my point is, I agree with you. About Portia, if it's true, I feel for her. At the same.time, sometimes pathologies collide and tend to stay together. If that relationship is as toxic as it is rumored, Portia should seek help and gtfo.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Exactly. Our culture not only created, but rewards personality disorders. We celebrate wrecklessness because it's entertaining, we applaud and elevate narcissists as gods because they make everyone believe they are "special" and they are above everyone else. This could go on and on,but anyways, my point is, I agree with you. About Portia, if it's true, I feel for her. At the same.time, sometimes pathologies collide and tend to stay together. If that relationship is as toxic as it is rumored, Portia should seek help and gtfo.

about Portia, yeah the wait staff always said that Portia is always sweet with them and they observe that she would light up around children. Then close friends said she lives a lonely life because Ellen doesn't want her doing better than her and is always paranoid  about her so she needs to keep Portia close by. This might all be speculation but you can just tell. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I disagree - I think she started exposing herself as she felt more comfortable being herself (being rude to guests under the pretense it was "funny") she humiliated countless of them on the air including Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.

She peaked when this happened: 

And she thought doing this to anyone in her audience was funny?

I mean.....the turned off the comments section for a reason

schitts creek deal with it GIF by CBC

She's a ******ic person you can see she enjoys humiliating people and almost gets an angry ******* from that **** , but she's still trying to remain sane because there's a camera in front of her ..... Her eyes and her smile is telling it all tho 😂😂psycho GIF

Don't forget this disgrace. 

• Like 1

I don’t think she’s a bad person,  I think she’s just tired of her show.  She started out loving to interview celebrities but now she’s so big that it’s awkward for her to spend her time interviewing a drunk Jessica Simpson or erratic Katy Perry.  She needs a new gig :katyclown:

• Love 1

I don't dislike Ellen . But i only dislike the fact that she tries to ''objectify'' men on her show CONSTANTLY to make some sort of statement and it's just cringe and kind of predatory. Never felt right to me for some reason.:mj:

I don't want her to be canceled to be honest. Because she's always been nice to Britney and once Britney's free she'll make a great comeback on her show :typing:

Can someone summarize what exactly SHE did besides being a diva? If she were a man, this would have never made the news
All the accusations seem to be towards the male producer - coming onto other men.
Some of the accusations are not even that clear....
I am not a fan of her show, but I am also not a fan of toxic cancel culture.
More evidence is needed before she gets cancelled.

Blm Fight Me GIF by Holly Logan

• Like 2

Can someone summarize what exactly SHE did besides being a diva? If she were a man, this would have never made the news
All the accusations seem to be towards the male producer - coming onto other men.
Some of the accusations are not even that clear....
I am not a fan of her show, but I am also not a fan of toxic cancel culture.
More evidence is needed before she gets cancelled.

Blm Fight Me GIF by Holly Logan

• Like 1
3 hours ago, summer2summer said:

I don't dislike Ellen . But i only dislike the fact that she tries to ''objectify'' men on her show CONSTANTLY to make some sort of statement and it's just cringe and kind of predatory. Never felt right to me for some reason.:mj:

I don't want her to be canceled to be honest. Because she's always been nice to Britney and once Britney's free she'll make a great comeback on her show :typing:

Yeah, but why does every male get a free pass at this. Like when Simon Cowell said his favorite part of Britney is her **** aka ***** aka breasts.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block