Ellen DeGeneres reportedly wants out of her show, could be replaced by James Corden

Update:

Ellen DeGeneres reportedly wants out of her show. She could be replaced by James Corden. 

“She knows she can be tough at times,” an insider says, “but believes she works hard and is extremely creative and that it’s a privilege to work for her and be around her.”

happy marie kondo GIF by NETFLIX

Earlier:
Ellen DeGeneres wrote an apology letter amidst the controversy about the poor working conditions on set of her show.

“On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ would be a place of happiness — no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect. Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case,” DeGeneres wrote.

“I could not have the success I’ve had without all of your contributions. My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that. Alongside Warner Bros., we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues. As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done. Clearly some didn’t. That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again,” she continued.

Executive producer Ed Glavin is set to exit his role imminently.

Accusations include intimidation and racism on set.

Below is Ellen's entire note:

Hey everybody – it’s Ellen. On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect. Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry. Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show.

I could not have the success I’ve had without all of your contributions. My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that. Alongside Warner Bros, we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues. As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done. Clearly some didn’t. That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again.

I’m also learning that people who work with me and for me are speaking on my behalf and misrepresenting who I am and that has to stop. As someone who was judged and nearly lost everything for just being who I am, I truly understand and have deep compassion for those being looked at differently, or treated unfairly, not equal, or – worse – disregarded. To think that any one of you felt that way is awful to me.

It’s been way too long, but we’re finally having conversations about fairness and justice. We all have to be more mindful about the way our words and actions affect others, and I’m glad the issues at our show were brought to my attention. I promise to do my part in continuing to push myself and everyone around me to learn and grow. It’s important to me and to Warner Bros. that everyone who has something to say can speak up and feels safe doing so.

I am so proud of the work we do and the fun and joy we all help put out in the world. I want everyone at home to love our show and I want everyone who makes it to love working on it. Again, I’m so sorry to anyone who didn’t have that experience. If not for COVID, I’d have done this in person, and I can’t wait to be back on our stage and see you all then.

Stay safe and healthy.

Love,

Ellen

ellen-show.jpg

29 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Same

i mean ofc I think she’s had her off days and has been mean before but all of a sudden this huge campaign and now everyone’s crapping on her? Seems weird 

I know this will sound a lottle conspirational, but honestly I only started hearing complaints about her ever since she got backlash from saying shes friends with [Republican] George Bush. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
20 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

I know this will sound a lottle conspirational, but honestly I only started hearing complaints about her ever since she got backlash from saying shes friends with [Republican] George Bush. 

I only started hearing backlash after I heard she was friends with Epstein and is involved with pizza gate 

• Like 1
Just now, Britneyarmy8 said:

Ur right actually

must have been all the money and fame that’s gotten to her head 

I think its the feeling of shes "untouchable" and the people are there to serve her. Because there not going to against Ellen, its there jobs on the line.

Ellen sometimes looks so over being a chat show host. She puts alot of her guests on edge lately and its just not acceptable

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Content Curators
9 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I think its the feeling of shes "untouchable" and the people are there to serve her. Because there not going to against Ellen, its there jobs on the line.

Ellen sometimes looks so over being a chat show host. She puts alot of her guests on edge lately and its just not acceptable

There was a clip where Ellen wanted to confirm rumors that Mariah was pregnant so while Mariah was on the show she gave her ALC and Mariah didn’t drink it, basically forcing her to reveal she was pregnant on the show 

a week later she miscarried :/ 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

There was a clip where Ellen wanted to confirm rumors that Mariah was pregnant so while Mariah was on the show she gave her ALC and Mariah didn’t drink it, basically forcing her to reveal she was pregnant on the show 

a week later she miscarried :/ 

That's terrible, who did she think she was! It was none of her business, she probably did it for the ratings boost of "Mariah announces on Ellen shes pregnant".

Ellen has her favorite celebrity's and you can tell their here favs, because when their on the show she tries hard to not "upset" them

• Like 5
  • Super Mods

It was kinda hard to believe it was true and thought it was crazy in the beginning but now

that I think of some moments of the show, you can tell she has a ******ic side cause:

1. She loves scaring the crap out of celebs

2. she once humiliated an audience member on the show cause she  "stole"  something

3. she lets cringey and embarassing interviews with celebs happen for she can get ratings or go viral

It sucks if she really isnt nice cause she seemed like it

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I wonder if the show will end :awkblink:

I don't think it will. Middle America / the GP doesn't care about any of the controversy. It really only affects twitter world, which is a loud but small population. Most of the GP loves Ellen, and middle america doesn't care what happens in the news. And plus it's all about money, her show is a ratings hit, the overall company/studio has to make their money back.

• Like 1

I read the title and was like wtf is she apologizing for SMH Ellen your ******** got called out on Twitter a few months back and it looks like it caught up. I find her show hilarious at times though and can kinda see it ending now. Idk I would watch but would it be the same knowing the truth? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block