#JusticeForBlackout on June 8th is designed to create conflict with Christina Aguilera fans and it's not right

#JusticeForBlackout on June 8th is designed to create conflict with Christian Aguilera fans and it's not right  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I took a nap, and now i'm up. :imacat:

This is the moment that I take over your mind frame~

I'd like to double down on the fact that Jordan and I are strongly against this June 8 date. :ari:

Step into the picture that I paint using my brain game~

I was on board within minutes after the #JusticeForBlackout thread was posted on Exhale and I am the one who featured it because I don't see why not. I do want to make Britney happy if she finds out another one of her albums made it to "number one". Don't we all? :barbie:

I'll elevate you so high, I'll give you a migraine. Over and over, put it on replay, 'til you're insane~

But yeah, I opened my Twitter yesterday to find a tweet from OTP containing a screenshot of a tweet by one of my Fighter mutuals where he's talking about #JusticeForBionic. I was mortified. :omg: I quickly did some digging and I discovered that the Fighters are doing a #JusticeForBionic campaign on the album's actual anniversary, June 8th.

This is a rollercoaster that's about to be long gone. Once you jump in, we're gonna get up on the lump and hold on~

I wanna be clear about one thing. I do like OTP. I don't have an issue with him. He has always been nice to me. Always. He probably doesn't even know that I am a Super Mod on Exhale yet he has always been cool with me. And even after this, I still won't have a problem with him. 💛🧡💜

Just let it go, give it up, allow yourself to transform~

I feel bad for featuring the #JusticeForBlackout thread though - but it's not the topicstarter's fault, of course. :donewithit:

Follow me, follow me to a place I know of no return~

I already reached out to my Fighter mutual on Twitter and I explained what happened. Not that they found out about Exhale's featured #JusticeForBlackout topic or that they even care. :blol: But still. I feel bad because I feel like i've outgrown this Britney-Christina-Britney rivalry. I love both of them. Britney Spears is one of the most unproblematic legends we have today - if not the most unproblematic. She never used her platform for anything other than good. And this #JusticeForBlackout campaign is not. :ohwut:

Are you ready to go?

As someone who grew up following the 4 princesses - Godney, Legend X, Successica, and Mandy Moore, I really can't in my good conscience support this, even if I am first and foremost a Britney stan (and will die one). :mattafact:

Now, lemme spell it out, everybody can shout my name. X-X-X-T-T-T-I-I-I-N-N-N-A.

Again, we are not forcing you to not support this campaign. That's totally your decision. But yeah, I guess if you don't care for Xtina at all, what's stopping you from supporting this, right? And that's your prerogative. :fakecry:

Best of luck to everyone who will support #JusticeForBlackout and #JusticeForBionic. But I know what album I'll be streaming on June 8th, and it's the one that's supersonic, the one that hits you like a rocket, the one that's gonna get you with her electronic, supersonic rocket, EH! :byetina:

• Love 7

I don’t care either honestly... and I love Christina no shade but I have tried many many many times to get anything out of bionic and reminds me of madonnas MDNA album just noise, very loud noise. Concept and creativity off the charts however girl should have not been so stuck up to get some writers worth a !!!! on the album and maybe we’d be caring about it still. 

5 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I’ll be supporting since the majority of the fanbase will do it on the 8th, so for Britney my purchase will make more sense on the 8th. If everyone agreed to move the date it would be even better but we all know a lot of fans will just stick to the 8th. I’m supporting.

3 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

The rivalry would actually be beneficial for Blackout because fans would be more likely to purchase so Britney took the W. It is a common strategy by labels releasing albums on competitive weeks so that (even if the artist doesn’t go #1) the stan ‘war’ will generate more copies sold. And Bionic will not chart higher than Blackout so this actually makes it a lot easier for Blackout to climb the charts. Plus the fact it will be a stan war will only get more people talking. I mean I didn’t come up with this and I don’t 100% agree but I’m supporting it, it’s for Brit’s legacy and most of the fanbase won’t change the date so moving the date now when we have so many fans involved will just divide all of us. Just my two cents too...

Really disappointed to read this, Marshall. :chrissy:

The point of justice campaigns is not solely to boost sales, but to go #1. Cause in a 2020 Corona world, going #1 is doing "justice" to an album. That's the whole point of these things.

I have no doubt Blackout will win over Bionic. And that's exactly why this campaign is bullying at its finest and at its core. Because we are using our power to takeaway what could be a win for the Fighters on the actual 10th anniversary of their fave's most underrated album - the one that truly needs justice in her discography. :fakecry:

Do you honestly believe the Fighters would want to get the album to sell 10,000 copies and be #2? No one gives a F about #2. I mean, isn't that the reason why we Britney fans are pressed af is because Blackout peaked at #2 and the reason why we want to give it justice in the first place?

But you do you. You get a free pass for being a self titled 2001 stan. I won't hold it against you. :byetina:

• Love 6
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Sigh it’s so annoying cause xtina fans tried making a “britney Spears is racist” twitter account when every other celeb was getting cancelled. It kinda sparked another feud which I understand, but it’s kinda tired at this point. If blackout does well on the charts then I’ll support and buy it, but It wouldn’t be bad At all if the date got changed to even the day after/before

Did they really? That’s pretty ironic, Xtina is way more problematic when it comes cultural appropriation. 

• Like 2

Gosh, can Britney and Xtina stans just get along. Xtina/Bionic deserves its day. Britney/Black also deserves its day. Just as quickly as this justice did blackout campaign popped up, it can be rescheduled by 1-2 days. Just get the word of mouth out there the same way it was done in the first place. 

to be fair, I feel like Blackout has kinda had it’s justice compared to Bionic. Gimme more and Piece of Me were pretty big hits, Break The Ice did ok, and Radar was later released as a single. Plus Britney has performed a majority of the songs from the album at some point. Bionic was kinda a total flop. It’s not as good as blackout, but overall it’s a decent album, if it wasn’t  a bit overstuffed, it’d be great. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

As usual, I absolutely agree with you, Jordan! It’s 2020, Brit and Christina are almost 40 years old. Shame on that troll for using such a great campaign to promote rivalry and division. I truly cannot figure out why people enjoy creating feuds and petty drama with fanbases, stans, and their ultimate goal, the pop stars themselves, which is insane and sick. I am all I’m on moving the #JusticeforBlackout date, Jordan, and, not that I know that reason it was set for June 8th I will absolutely NOT participate if it isn’t moved. Period.

• Love 4

A little dramatic no? If we are all adults and mature a feud won't start because both albums will get the necessary exposure. Two albums can have a justice campaign on the same day. No one will die. If anything, it would be so amazing to have both Britney and Christina have an album in the top 10. Maybe they even give each other a shoutout and rekindle their friendship (wishful thinking). 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Really Jordy? Im really over this high schoolish fued crap ...but have you not seen the amount of bullying , Mockery and personality slander the xtina fan(s) have been doing to Britney on twitter ? It's just ugly how they're trying to somehow pull a desperate "cancel Britney" topic . 

I just won't tolerate mockery of Britney in any form .

• Love 3