Who Was The Bigger POP Culture Icon In 2003? Britney or JLO?

12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Like one of the commenters said “only MJ and Britney have brought out this type of crowd” and to think she was just 18 :kidcries:

I can't believe it. If people weren't holding literal Britney signs, i'd think it was a fake video.
But i remember seeing that full interview around 2005 so i know its real.

4 hours ago, Bigno said:

No way. Jennifer was not as big as Britney that year. She was the joke of the town for her movie and Ben Affleck, but no way she was more iconic. And not because I was a fan, it really is just innacurate

I was a fan of both of them but I’ve always stanned Britney harder and for longer. Jennifer really was everywhere at that time too and had already accomplished a lot, but I agree that she shouldn’t have been placed that high. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts I wouldn’t have been surprised if their positions had switched. Her relationship with Ben tabloid and media wise was akin to Britney’s breakdown. At the time her music was big and she had 4 #1 songs, 2 #3’s and 2 #1 albums. She also had the #1 movie and #1 album at the same time in the USA. I don’t think she should’ve outranked Britney, but to deny that she was big at that time is mistaken 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I was a fan of both of them but I’ve always stanned Britney harder and for longer. Jennifer really was everywhere at that time too and had already accomplished a lot, but I agree that she shouldn’t have been placed that high. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts I wouldn’t have been surprised if their positions had switched. Her relationship with Ben tabloid and media wise was akin to Britney’s breakdown. At the time her music was big and she had 4 #1 songs, 2 #3’s and 2 #1 albums. She also had the #1 movie and #1 album at the same time in the USA. I don’t think she should’ve outranked Britney, but to deny that she was big at that time is mistaken 

Jlo was definately everywhere IN THE US.

But Globally. Britney at her peak was always far bigger than Jlo, Beyonce etc...

2 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Jlo was definately everywhere IN THE US.

But Globally. Britney at her peak was always far bigger than Jlo, Beyonce etc...

I’m not arguing with you on a global scale, but she is an American artist and I believe this VHI list is for American icons. And yes I agree with you on Britney being bigger domestically AND globally 

• 4 months later...