Why is “Glory” praised by fans as one of her most cohesive albums?

“Glory” is often praised by Exhalers as one of her most cohesive and sonically adventurous projects, but I just don’t see it. The album doesn’t scream Britney. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:
Should I play it again? What does it sound nowadays? :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 2

Cohesive? I consider that to be the Britney album.

I may get some hate but we probably praise Glory cause she put some effort into it and we had been receiving **** before that - understandably so.

its a good album but like… to be honest its a bit forgettable.

do love make me, slumber party. those are gems and you could tell she was really into it during that album.

• Love 1

Love me down

Liar

even... Make me

scream BRITNEY SPEARS. :elton:

That's why fans love the album, we didn't have that on the two previous albums. They were very electronic, autotuned and we couldn't really hear her voice, I mean it litterally wasn't her voice if we're talking about Britney Jean. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Also visually Glory was great it's just too bad it was a mess the way they released the visuals, the videos etc..but Britney did the job.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

The vibe of Glory is very cohesive, it’s Britney being the ultimate s**-kitten while exploring various mid-tempo soundscapes.  Granted some were very trend-chasing, but it’s unmistakably Britney.  Vocally it’s one of her best works, even critics took note on how alive and engaged she sounds on every track.  If this ends up being her last studio album ever, she went out on top (IMO).  

Imagine Myah Jean being her last effort.  :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
40 minutes ago, super.nova said:

Cohesive? I consider that to be the Britney album.

I may get some hate but we probably praise Glory cause she put some effort into it and we had been receiving **** before that - understandably so.

its a good album but like… to be honest its a bit forgettable.

do love make me, slumber party. those are gems and you could tell she was really into it during that album.

i think you nailed it.  by comparing it contextually to what we recently had been fed, it seemed like a master piece but when you take her whole catalogue as a hole, it isn't memorable. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Britney's fans have become so demanding over time because she has consistently delivered masterpiece albums (except for Britney Jean). You are comparing excellence with excellence. I know few artists who produce albums where you listen to every song one after the other without skipping any. Britney has spoiled you too much, you don't even realize it. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

It's a good album and you can feel her passion. It's probably her best album since Blackout (Circus lacks coherence and has some bad tracks). 

The main problem of glory is the single choice and the promo that was a bit weird (the weekly song release was not a good strategy especially because they released the weakest songs from the album as promo). 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I would say aesthetically and theme wise, the album is cohesive but sonically,

its electic.

However it still is cohesive in a way.

I feel like the album has themes of searching for true love.

with Britney being the princess in a castle sending flairs and love letters hoping she’ll get in answer 

songs like man on the moon drive home this theme

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 2

The sound of the album is cohesive. It’s got a few gems on it like a couple of weeks ago I was jamming out to DYWCO while I was working (Justice for DYWCO for not being the 3rd single!). Plus as others have stated and Britney herself has said, her heart was in it. That’s why I usually rank it up there with Blackout because both albums she had input on and she enjoyed making.

Also you could definitely tell during the Glory era, her energy and fire came back through her performances and appearances. She really did love this album. I think it’s one of her best bodies of work she’s ever done, not the best, but one of.

I wish she would’ve done a Glory tour across the world for this album instead of just certain countries and just Vegas because I only got to see her during The Femme Fatale Tour where her heart wasn’t in it, so it would’ve been absolutely epic for me to have seen her during this time to experience some of that energy and fire she used to have pre conservatorship, but oh well, I’m not going to cry over spilt milk since I was able to see her in concert once in my life.

As others have said if this does indeed end up being her last true album, I’m ok with that because she went out on a high note instead of the mess we got with Britney Jean.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's one of her most cohesive albums, it's actually pretty varied in terms of sound, kinda similar to Circus in that way. The difference was that Britney's personality was really felt on Glory, in a way that had been missing from her music since Blackout. You could tell she enjoyed making the album and that came through in the music. There's a whole difference essence in the music and her delivery compared to Femme Fatale and Britney Jean and even parts of Circus. It felt like she came alive in it again.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

If it's cohesive I'm not sure if I can say that. However, it is adventurous (even if we don't like the adventures).

The adventures - Private show, what you need and coupure electrique.

I'm not sure if I LOVE the album. Here and then I try to listen to songs like Better to see if I like it more. I don't appreciate the WHOLE album (like Love me down and Change Your Mind).

And I still like Slumber Party.

Aside of the sound as you said, when it comes to be a better moment for Britney, we all know that.

Edited by Fita

Nobody liked the singles. It was rejected worldwide so no one besides the fans listened to the album because make me was really bad. Bad video bad feature??? Ok well if this all came from Britney maybe she should hire some of those hit making producers then cuz FF singles smashed. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.