Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - "Rain On Me" music video (watch + comment party)

32 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Sounds like a RuPaul reject.

To me the production is really problematic. Way too messy. Ariana's part is decent tho. 

Omg it really does sound like something RuPaul would sing! 

Also I can’t with people saying it has a disco vibe because it doesn’t, y’all need to go listen to some actual disco! It has a 90’s club vibe! 

• Like 1

I don’t hate it, and I don’t love it either at this point. 
It’s missing something, I’m not sure if it’s a chorus or more that single feeling. First listen when Gags sternly says Rain.ON.ME I thought here we go, it’s about to get going... nope. 

It‘ll grow on me though for sure. I like how Gaga and Arianas voices blend. It’s a nice pairing. 

I prefer Stupid Love tbh. I know it’s not loved by most, but imo it’s a good pop song with strong replay value  (just lacks a bit lyrically).  Listening to it on a decent stereo does it wonders. 

Chromatica I think will be a solid pop album.. im predicting it might lack the wow factor which is ok.  

• Love 2

I won't be spinning that a second time, and I already forgot it. The music scene is failing. There is no inspiration in the pop scene. And I have been a Gaga fan before she was Gaga. Have all her albums. I was hoping for a return to The Fame, The Fame Monster. And Gaga and Ariana just don't make sense together, they never did, I think its an awkward collaboration. They are the last two people I would think of collaborating. I liked Stupid Love, but even that was nothing out of the box amazing. And she hypes up her sh** so much too. Maybe we have high expectations of the artists we love and follow, and that's true we do, but generally I feel the music scene is very uninspired the past years. Sending love Gaga I Love Heart GIF by aaf.nyc

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

I won't be spinning that a second time, and I already forgot it. The music scene is failing. There is no inspiration in the pop scene. And I have been a Gaga fan before she was Gaga. Have all her albums. I was hoping for a return to The Fame, The Fame Monster. And Gaga and Ariana just don't make sense together, they never did, I think its an awkward collaboration. They are the last two people I would think of collaborating. I liked Stupid Love, but even that was nothing out of the box amazing. And she hypes up her sh** so much too. Maybe we have high expectations of the artists we love and follow, and that's true we do, but generally I feel the music scene is very uninspired the past years. Sending love Gaga I Love Heart GIF by aaf.nyc

I couldn’t agree more! I even prefer Joanne singles over this! I think that Gaga has lost her touch just like every other artist. SHE LEGIT USED 7 WRITERS AND 4 PRODUCERS THATS WHY IT SOUNDS SO BAD. Stupid love was good not great but this is a real departure for me. Oh well just waiting for Britney to come back and save pop again. 

• Love 1

I hate this and it makes it worse because this sound is meant to be that 70's dance influence that future nostalgia does perfectly.  When those songs are on the radio and are hits already it makes this seem really generic. Dua did record a song with Ariana too. is this it? cause i see why it was left off of Future Nostalgia LOL

• Love 1

Not a bad song but not stellar either. After a few listens, it seems it will grow on me.

I love 80s and 90s sounds and Dua Lipa used them perfectly in Future Nostalgia. Here, it sounds dated at times.

I agree with others: a real chorus is lacking and Gaga's voice at some point sounds forced (like when she says "rain - on - me -- tsu - na - mi").

I was hoping Chromatic would be a masterpiece, but now I am not so sure. :crying1:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

that second RAIN - ON - ME with Ariana before the beat drop is giving me goosebumps. So good

it also gives me a feeling like its from a one hit wonder group from 90s that you dont really know the singers you just love the song but im not saying this as a shade i really like the song 

All of you in this thread be coming for this single like... music video water GIF by Lady Gaga

Rain on me TSUNAMI. 🤣

I’m just glad to have some semblance of the old Gaga back, and yes, she overhypes her work but who cares? Just enjoy the fact it’s better than Stupid Love.  She just dropped the video and her and Ari are so cute together, go watch it now!: 

• Love 3

Comparisons between Lady Gaga's new material and Future Nostalgia are correct and we can't skip them 'cause they're going for this retro-gay club-dance vibe (it doesn't matter if it's 80s, 90s or whatever. Yes, Dua Lipa did an amazing work of art, and her album is really solid. In the other hand, Lady Gaga really made this melody twice, as you guys said, this song is like Stupid Love 2.0. 

I didn't like it at all, and I know it would be a "hit" because we have two major pop stars in one song, but we're gonna forget about it. Other thing, I thinks this is not a cool move for both of them (are they the new princess and queen of pop? No, not really.) 

Hope other songs in Chromatica are better <3 still waiting

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block