Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - "Rain On Me" music video (watch + comment party)

Sigh. Lol exactly what I expected... was interested until again with the edm strong chorus limited chorus lyrics and arianas verse sounds like any other one of her songs. 
there is a reason she only has not chatted like others and don’t gimme sales **** has changed. Many artists have shown money can be made still as all the records have been broken within recent years. Gaga I need your big choruses back in this pop world the RINA album mixed with FUTURE NOSTALGIA was what I was hoping for with this and was hoping for a vocal delivery change up on Ari’s part considering she just put a song out with the monster of all updating in this day in pop. 

positive it is superior to stupid love so there’s that and will always love gaga for the love and creation she puts behind her work. Did she not hear us tho when we said on JOHN WAYNE? “You need a chorus” your Gaga not Calvin Harris 😘

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I dig it.giphy.gif

She really went full house. I kind of love that she's bringing this sound back and completely disregarding minimalist trends. She's definitely not alone in that. Dua Lipa is all over it with Future Nostalgia, but she's leaning more into Funk, while Gaga is leaning more into House/Electronic.

That being said, I'm noticing a pattern here with the Chromatica output. giphy.gif

WHERE IS THE CHORUS?

Gaga is known for crafting MASSIVE, melodic, unforgettable choruses.

Stupid Love had no real chorus. 

It's the same story here. 

That's fine with me to a point, but I think that's partly to do with why these songs feel strange for so many fans. Almost like they're a bit empty. Like all the ingredients are there, we've got Gaga, the big-budget production, fashion, theatrics, visuals, etc. 

But something is missing. 

I'm in no way writing off Chromatica, and who knows, maybe it's packed with stellar hooks AND choruses and we just haven't heard it yet.

I guess we'll find out. 

giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Heaps better than Stupid Love. They both sound good together while keeping true to their own vocal style. The song sounds  a bit like background house music. Something is missing. Maybe a stronger chorus to take it to the next level. 

Being a pop star in todays world is hard. Easy to make hits. If you can "pay" for it and have record label backing. But still harder to influence, change and impact the pop culture world. Social media and Stan pressure don't help either... 

I don't think this is it. But for gaga hopefully helps sells her record. 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, Body ache said:

Both Katy and Gaga released singles this month. It really does feel like Britney is missing in all of this. :katycry:

Shaki is rumored to release more English music after a Long time which means she wolf pt 2 

katy shaki Gaga all in one spring/summer

It really is 2009 :katycry:

Pls brinny come back with a dance record and I can die happy 

I want to like it, 'cause it's not a bad melody. But it's so meh. ClassicUnfinishedHawk-small.gif <- I need this emote please @JordanMiller @Roxxy

Why are people allergic to good choruses now? :idkney: What did choruses do to y'all? :didilie:

With songs like these, there won't be any pop revival in the music scene. We need strong beats and, I can't stress it enough, strong choruses, like Born This Way, like Judas. This won't make it :imacat:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Forever22 said:

Heaps better than Stupid Love. They both sound good together while keeping true to their own vocal style. The song sounds  a bit like background house music. Something is missing. Maybe a stronger chorus to take it to the next level. 

Being a pop star in todays world is hard. Easy to make hits. If you can "pay" for it and have record label backing. But still harder to influence, change and impact the pop culture world. Social media and Stan pressure don't help either... 

I don't think this is it. But for gaga hopefully helps sells her record. 

She doesn’t seem inspired, like these sound like b tracks to me and like everyone said, she’s known for her epic choruses. I know she said to honor your word vomit but sometimes that doesn’t always work :teigen:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block