Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - "Rain On Me" music video (watch + comment party)

• Leader

Lady Gaga's new music video for "Rain On Me," featuring Ariana Grande, is out now! 

The video is a total serve. Gaga suits up as a '90s-punk pop rain warrior. In some scenes she's literally pulling daggers out of herself - a metaphor for past trauma - elsewhere she's singing while rain pours down over her face. Ariana is a true pop star, but this is the first instance where she really leaned into the Gaga effect. 

It's the best pop visual of the year imo. 

Thoughts? 

In her recent interview with Paper, Gaga opened up about the collab.

Here's an excerpt:

One such message led Gaga to collaborate with a fellow female pop star, who has similarly experienced immense trauma while in the public eye. Their song together is a monster of a dance tune, but its message is about submitting yourself to devastation ("It's coming down on me, water like misery") — a flawless dance floor crier as a "celebration of all the tears," Gaga describes. "I sat with her and we talked about our lives. It's two women having a conversation about how to keep going and how to be grateful for what you do." Without being prompted, Gaga raises the inevitable criticism that celebrities face when they say "it's hard to be famous." She knows that "75% of the world rolls their eyes," but Gaga counters: "Yeah, you can be in a mansion, but you can still be six feet under in one."

Chromatica drops May 29th.

Related:

gaga-vid.jpg.783d6e258292c1b32d041a7e56e14b8c.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Wait what? 

Isn't Stupid Love supposed to be the song that represents the color "pink" on the album? And isn't the album, allegedly, like has a song for 12 different colors? And I don't know but for some weird unexplained reason, I just think Ariana and Blackpink are... very, like, 'pink' artists already and Gaga's already put out a song for that color. :bcutelaugh:

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Isn't Stupid Love supposed to be the song that represents the color "pink" on the album? And isn't the album, allegedly, like has a song for 12 different colors? And I don't know but for some weird unexplained reason, I just think Ariana and Blackpink are... very, like, 'pink' artists already and Gaga's already put out a song for that color. :bcutelaugh:

The album has 16 songs tho. Seems like just a fan theory. :)

• Like 5
On 3/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, Born2Die said:

Rumor has it there is a track with Britney Spears on the album that represents black! It is an old Blackout reject track where Gaga wrote a new verse and retweaked the production. :clap1:

I stopped reading after ‘old black out reject’. You know its fan fiction when mention blackout, cause its too good to be true. They know Britney fans always get thirtsy when mention blackout.:bedtime:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Leader

Gaga in Paper mag:

One such message led Gaga to collaborate with a fellow female pop star, who has similarly experienced immense trauma while in the public eye. Their song together is a monster of a dance tune, but its message is about submitting yourself to devastation ("It's coming down on me, water like misery") — a flawless dance floor crier as a "celebration of all the tears," Gaga describes. "I sat with her and we talked about our lives. It's two women having a conversation about how to keep going and how to be grateful for what you do." Without being prompted, Gaga raises the inevitable criticism that celebrities face when they say "it's hard to be famous." She knows that "75% of the world rolls their eyes," but Gaga counters: "Yeah, you can be in a mansion, but you can still be six feet under in one."

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block