#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney

8 hours ago, Pfefferminz said:

Britney is a good-hearted person to a fault. I do not believe that she's ever filed a restraining order against anyone other than her mom. All the decisions post-conservatorship, legal and personal, has been made by her father. Jamie filed a restraining order against Sam for the first time the same month (Feb. 2008) he's given control over his daughter's finances. 

Beware The Con Game Of Conservatorships

What are the problems with conservatorships?

Conservatorships are not a bad thing; they’re necessary. It’s the execution of them that could be improved at times.

But people need to understand that conservatorships should be considered as the most restrictive form of court intervention. They can strip people of their individual rights.

And a conservatorship can create more complications; the family may need to sit on the sidelines because the conservator removes decision-making control from them.

From what I understand, it's rare. 

"Conservatorships are established for impaired adults, most often older people. Adults who are developmentally disabled or the victims of a catastrophic illness or accident also may have a conservatorship."

"Roughly 1.5 million adults are under guardianship, according to a 2013 AARP estimate. Of course, many court-appointed conservators are wholly reputable; some, such as the one Mickey Rooney had, are even brought in to quash alleged elder abuse." - #1f1f494da89b" rel="external nofollow">Beware The Con Game Of Conservatorships

Why has Britney been placed under a conservatorship for more than a decade, you ask?

“As long as she is bringing in so much money and as long as the lawyers and conservators are getting paid, there is little incentive to end it,” said Elaine Renoire, president of the National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse, an advocacy group. “Usually, the conservatorship just keeps going unless the conservatee makes a fuss or the family does.” - Is Britney Spears Ready to Stand on Her Own?

Elaine says it like it is. ( I'm one of three directors of her organization).  Luckily Britney's situation is all over the press.  The team must be feeling the pressure.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, janeo701 said:

What if Britney and Sam made contact with each other recently?  And then, mom and dad found out.   I feel that happened recently.  Imo, when given an opportunity, Brit has always seemed to gravitate towards him.  She even reached out to his sister at one point (to sneak her a phone, geez, how sad). I'm not saying it's a good thing, but if her handlers aren't around she doesn't seem to have a huge issue with the guy............

I read that too.  She has reached out to him in the past.  Imagine having to ask someone to sneak you a phone.

I know, our Brit has never known whom to trust from the moment she became famous.  That's because there's been no one trust worthy yet to enter her world!  How sick is that!  20+ years of this.  

You're right.  She's had to deal with people she might not trust for so long.   It's heartbreaking to think about.

In all honesty, Jamie's conservator salary itself isn't out of line in the world of large estates.  My ex was/is the executor of a deceased celebrity's estate, even just taking 1% of the total estate amount as an annual salary amounted to $200,000.  And in all fairness, it's a lot of work to manage large estates and they do deserve compensation for it.   Imo, there is cause for concern in all the ways, other than that salary, Jamie is getting rich from this situation.  That would take some real detective work to piece together, but I bet we'd all be pretty upset at what we'd discover.   Something shady has occurred with Brit's money, mark my words....it's only because there's been no real oversight on the mgmt of her estate that we don't already know this. 

I agree with you.  Managing a large estate takes a ton of work and people deserve to be paid for it. What I don't like is that the managers are just charging her estate without needing her permission.  She could be in control with a support team of her own choosing, and members of that team could be filling the same roles that already exist--and this can be done instead of conservatorship. 

I hadn't thought about the other ways Jamie makes money.  He receives something like 1.5% of royalties.  I read that somewhere but not sure where.

• Like 2