Britney's Reps Deny She Is Making New Music Right Now

GimmeBritney320

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Britney will release more music maybe not in 2019 but definitely in the future. She has a legal obligation to due to her contract with RCA.

Also according to rumours back in 2014, she renewed her contract with RCA for a four album deal which means that after Glory, she still legally has to release 3 more albums. 

Is she officially out of contract with BMG now?

An undercover reporter (fake sheik) who Met Kevin in Vegas in 2006, days he said she was in a 9 album deal since oops which would take her to about now..: maybe she is out of contract - which would explain why toms diner and pretty girls were not album associated.

the fact that she isn't recording new music right now, doesn't mean she won't ever record again

it might take eons before she releases something else, but she's too young to tell for sure she will NEVER EVER release anything again in her life. Heck, she said she didn't want anything with men and two months later she was already with Sam.

I always put this as an example. There is this Mexican singer Lynda which was very popular in the 90's and early 2000's but she was always like, struggling with her image, and she became a bit rebellious and was always fighting against beauty standards and such, and then her last album was in 2002. She became a producer/songwriter for another very popular band, RBD, and that was the last time we heard of her. She said to be working on an English album, but she just faded into oblivion. She basically retired, to the point people and the media didn't even know where she lived or if she was still alive at all.

16 years later she reappeared, last year, as a guest in this joint tour with 90's acts and released 2 new songs. She's promised a new album, and although it's taking too long already, she's at least very present and active in social media. None of us ever thought she would come back again. 

What I mean with all this story is that, when someone really wants to retire, they will, without any announcement or goodbye tour or anything. They just will let time pass, and even so, they can't never know if years later the urge to record and release something will come back. 

5 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

Is she officially out of contract with BMG now?

An undercover reporter (fake sheik) who Met Kevin in Vegas in 2006, days he said she was in a 9 album deal since oops which would take her to about now..: maybe she is out of contract - which would explain why toms diner and pretty girls were not album associated.

I thought her contracts were for 4 albums. 

Her last contract ended with BJ, that's why people like L.A. Reid were trying to sign her since the X Factor days because they knew she was getting freed after the album she was recording. 

This was still the old contract but was inherited by RCA after it absorbed Jive, and I really hoped she was gonna leave it after BJ, but they signed her again, for 4 more albums, Glory being the first one of them.

Or maybe I have all my info wrong lol 

11 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

We all wanted her to take a break from everything & now that she is you guys are mad? 

There is maybe one person mad in this whole thread. 

She needs to figure her life out. This break is good. Even if she retires at least she will be happy being somewhat normal 

22 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

We all wanted her to take a break from everything & now that she is you guys are mad? 

I never wanted her to take any breaks :tear:

I mean, I knew she was gonna have a long pause eventually, but I wanted the "Vegas" era to last as much as possible, and that she released many videos during that period of time, I mean, at least 2 per year, and also back to back albums, because time wise, it really was possible with all the breaks between legs. That would've had justified a break after all of that work.

4 years in Vegas and a tour in 2018 sounds like a lot, but it really wasn't, because she didn't perform every single week, and she didn't promote that much the stuff she released.

Music wise she's been basically absent from the scene, since 2013. So it's not like the public needs to rest from her image or her music, because none of her last 4 or 5 singles have been that popular. So on top of that, we're adding this hiatus which may last 1 year, or 2, or 1000, BEFORE she goes back to the studio, and take a year or two recording the new album if there's any. 

She'll release and we will have to wait 3 or 4 more years to get B11.

I understand and I wanna believe that it really was for her father. She looked really happy in the rehearsal videos so I don't think she's having any mental breakdown or those things people say. 

It's just, it feels sad that she's reached this point of her career so fast. Her prime was SO big, but SO fast. And now "the rest of career" has been too short too. Like, if she had more albums, if she had more videos, more hits, more tours, I'd probably be the first one saying she really needs a rest, but it just hasn't felt that way.

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the fact that she isn't recording new music right now, doesn't mean she won't ever record again

it might take eons before she releases something else, but she's too young to tell for sure she will NEVER EVER release anything again in her life. Heck, she said she didn't want anything with men and two months later she was already with Sam.

I always put this as an example. There is this Mexican singer Lynda which was very popular in the 90's and early 2000's but she was always like, struggling with her image, and she became a bit rebellious and was always fighting against beauty standards and such, and then her last album was in 2002. She became a producer/songwriter for another very popular band, RBD, and that was the last time we heard of her. She said to be working on an English album, but she just faded into oblivion. She basically retired, to the point people and the media didn't even know where she lived or if she was still alive at all.

16 years later she reappeared, last year, as a guest in this joint tour with 90's acts and released 2 new songs. She's promised a new album, and although it's taking too long already, she's at least very present and active in social media. None of us ever thought she would come back again. 

What I mean with all this story is that, when someone really wants to retire, they will, without any announcement or goodbye tour or anything. They just will let time pass, and even so, they can't never know if years later the urge to record and release something will come back. 

i can't even imagine Britney disappearing for 1 year, let alone 16 years:wendycry:

4 minutes ago, xkhingx said:

y, she's at least very present and active in social media. None of us ever thought she would come back again. 

27 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Maybe that happened because she was a flop...if she was flopping hard then no one would sign a contract with her to record new music ergo she disappears. However, if you're an A-lister singer then labels won't leave you alone easily, they will work with you until you get your **** together and keep releasing new music.  :mattafact:

Mandy Moore is a great example, I love her but no record label wanted to sign with her due to her floppage in music after her peak ergo she became an actress. Her last studio album was in 2009 :whatitellu: 

2 hours ago, #Brunetteney said:

I don’t think singers ever really retire though...I’ve never heard of a singer as big as Britney just never releasing anything ever again. Michael Jackson, before he died, still planned on making music sometimes. Even Diana Ross sings new songs and so does Celine Dion, Mariah Carey. A lot of older divas don’t neccesarily retire, I think they just do quiet releases for their fans and that’s it.  I could see her doing that every now and then instead of just dropping everything completely and never preforming again. There’s no way for her to just drop her career. :mhm:

The difference is those artists love either the limelight and or the craft. Britney hasn’t been happy with either for a very long time and it shows. I genuinely believe if she had the option to retire right now she would.

Archived