Britney's Reps Deny She Is Making New Music Right Now

GimmeBritney320

9 minutes ago, xkhingx said:

i can't even imagine Britney disappearing for 1 year, let alone 16 years:wendycry:

I know, it was so sad. I wasn't like a huge fan, but, still a fan, mainly because she was born here in Tijuana where I'm from, and I've known her music since forever, one of the earliest songs I remember as a kid is performed by her. So all this time it felt literally as if she had died, I felt that same kind of feeling I have for Selena (Quintanilla).

So when she reappeared it was like a miracle. And she has a son now, and she seems very happy and positive, and she's so humble. She's replied to my comments on Instagram in multiple occassions and she's always listening what fans have to say. 

But yeah, I can't imagine a life without Britney. I wish we still had at least her Instagram posts, or that she became a youtuber, or at least some candids, but I guess right now her headspace is somewhere else.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Maybe that happened because she was a flop...if she was flopping hard then no one would sign a contract with her to record new music ergo she disappears. However, if you're an A-lister singer then labels won't leave you alone easily, they will work with you until you get your **** together and keep releasing new music.  :mattafact:

Mandy Moore is a great example, I love her but no record label wanted to sign with her due to her floppage in music after her peak ergo she became an actress. Her last studio album was in 2009 :whatitellu: 

Well, she definitely wasn't as famous as Britney Spears, but out of her pack of 90's girls, she was very popular. Not that I care about that, but she was also a songwriter, so she was just starting to record what she wanted and she was one of the first 90's artists in Latin America that left behind this electronic/dance pop in favor of a more pop/rock, more organic sound. 

Her last songs were relatively successful, in terms of the Mexican market at least (I ignore how popular she was in other Latin countries, though she did perform at Viña del Mar). 

I think she was the one that had issues with the record labels (just like Fey, the other Mexican singer we've been talking about in other threads) but Fey kept performing independently while Lynda she was just so fed up with the entire industry that she vanished.

Any record label would take her for a cash grab due to the nostalgia she represents. But I think that's not on her plans. 

Mandy Moore could have released more records if she wanted to, but she's the one that preferred to take the acting career and also feels embarrassed of her own music.

I am so sorry to say it but I’m afraid i’ll have to unstan if we don’t get anything till the middle of this year. 

Love Britney but she is so young to retire.

if she doesn’t want to perform anymore then that’s fine but I won’t keep streaming old music either :well:

this is today’s tea, if Britney wants to stop singing forever, maybe she should say it already instead of keeping us fans waiting.

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

All these ppl love the music though but obviously have aged. Britney is in a very different position. She doesn’t seem to like her career or really relates to music or much of anything relating to the business anymore. It would be different if she was really into her craft but was struggling. 

Also I really do think Britney has a severe mental illness. What if she emotionally just can not handle it. Recording and all that...

I think the issue with Britney's "craft" is she doesn't have the type of personality to fight in the industry she's in. She's never really been in control of where her career was going and which songs she could release, and as a result her discography isn't something she relates to. I'm sure she's sneaked in a song she loved here and there, but it isn't the same as being in control of every album and the direction of the sound...

Britney hasn't seemed passionate about her music in a long time, to the point she struggles to even talk about the songs she's releasing. It's come to a point a lot of us kind of wish she would stop trying to describe her albums before their release, because the hype is always completely off and the result is never anywhere near what we expect.

But I honestly don't think she'll just announce a retirement. She could very well release an album every 5 years or something. I just don't think she'd ever even try to keep up with the current pop girls and release an album every year, or go on a tour for every album. She has kids and they're definitely her priority in life.

Honestly she should take the time off. Rest, recharge. This sounds harsh, but come back inspired and ready to do something fresh and new. I don't want to watch her go through another "era" where I feel like she's being forced to do things she's not passionate about. No more messy roll-outs or passionless work that we all know is beneath her talent. I'd LOVE to get new work from her more than anything, but I only want it if she truly WANTS to do it.. If not, then she's had a legendary career, and nothing can take that away from her or us. :)

ALSO to her team: STOP. HYPING. This is the worst thing. Get some new blood involved. People that excite her and want to see her be more than just a cash cow and a nostalgia act. She's still young and vital, stop acting like she isn't. And then be QUIET and let us all be surprised when the work speaks for itself. That would be the smartest move to make.

46 minutes ago, Gabby. said:

I think the issue with Britney's "craft" is she doesn't have the type of personality to fight in the industry she's in. She's never really been in control of where her career was going and which songs she could release, and as a result her discography isn't something she relates to. I'm sure she's sneaked in a song she loved here and there, but it isn't the same as being in control of every album and the direction of the sound...

Britney hasn't seemed passionate about her music in a long time, to the point she struggles to even talk about the songs she's releasing. It's come to a point a lot of us kind of wish she would stop trying to describe her albums before their release, because the hype is always completely off and the result is never anywhere near what we expect.

But I honestly don't think she'll just announce a retirement. She could very well release an album every 5 years or something. I just don't think she'd ever even try to keep up with the current pop girls and release an album every year, or go on a tour for every album. She has kids and they're definitely her priority in life.

Are you really even a fan?

If you were then you would be aware of the singles that got released because Britney wanted them instead of what the label wanted.  I don't think you are a fan if you didn't know that.

6 hours ago, andy131 said:

Since when do we trust Perez Hilton as a source?!?!?

5 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Oh Gosh....here we go. 

When did we believe Perez Hilton? God.. 

you all are complaining about nothing 

he had the "Make Me" original M/V after all..

Archived