Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

2 minutes ago, b4goodbye said:

All shows on Ticketmaster are now officially Cancelled / Automatic Refunds

I just ran through and all shows (through August) are officially "Cancelled" on Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster does have a "Postponed" status that they use, so this most likely means Britney is getting out of her contract and Domination is officially over. Makes no sense that they would cancel through August and not just cancel the first leg at this time if this show is completely done.

Very strange, but I guess good for fans that already have tickets that they're not waiting continual postponed delays like Janet Jackson likes to do.

I don't think she cancelled all the idea of the show and all the show, it could encounter serious money penalties with the resort.

I think, while her dad is ok, she start it on December 2019.

36 minutes ago, Dirk said:

The show was rushed, to begin with, they had a lot of work to do in one month! 

+ she would mess everything bc of family issues. It was the best decision to postpone this show. 

And since Jamie is no well enough I hope they take the time to get rid of the c-ship. 

The show is planned months in advance

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

because if in two months he hasn't fully recovered, they must have seen it's gonna take more time than what they thought.

The "announcement" was in October, Jamie's health issues was two months ago, how were they going to announce the cancellation of the show, one month after the announcement? They had to study the whole situation and all the repercussions of such a move before saying anything.

They probably just kept going on with it, hoping he would recover by the start of the year. It seems then, he isn't 100% well yet. 

They could've say, let's cancel just the first leg, but if he isn't recovered by then, they'll have to scrap leg by leg, till the announced dates are over, and then start rehearsing again, etc, so it's better just to cancel everything at once, even if he recovers earlier. 

wasnt that the same time when she posted the first rehersals of S&S?

we need a timetable guys :xfactorlook:

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

4) Britney herself has suffered a relapse of some kind or is pregnant. If this is the case, the sudden nature would be explained and there might be a fight for the next step (keep it or not).

I have to admit both scenarios popped in my mind as well, primarily the former (simply because I think a newly impregnated Britney would be over the moon and shouting the happy news from the rooftops); plus, tons of female artists with even demanding world tours have continued their shows despite being pregnant (e.g., Xtina with the Back To Basics Tour, and I believe Beyoncé and Pink as well at some point).

However, if Britney’s father nearly died recently, the stress and shock of the experience could’ve very well triggered the onset of a mental illness relapse, which is very common during times of increased stress. And if Britney truly were suffering from an active mental illness (or illnesses) once again, I absolutely believe her management would hide that reality from the media and public at all costs, considering it nearly destroyed her career the first time. 

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

¡Escucha si Jamie está realmente enferma, le deseo lo mejor! Pero vamos, gente, esto es sospechoso. Si esto fue realmente algo tan malo que debería haberse pospuesto en el momento en que estuvo en el hospital, se está recuperando ahora. Y el hecho de que los directores publicaran hace una hora sobre el programa parece extraño. Siento que realmente estaban tratando de presionar a Britney y quizás con todas las cosas con su padre ella no quería darle todo a ella

I think that

1 minute ago, diegofs said:

the way Nappytabs talk seems like theyre out of the project 

they seem that they did´t even knew about the cancellation.. just 1 hour ago were still creating hype for the show..

I WOULD BE SO OFFENDED AS WELL

emergency or not... all the parts would need to be noticed in advanced of such big desicion. 

• Like 1

I really wish the best for her father and family, but after re-reading Britney's twitter post, reading the press releases, reading what Nabbytabs posted, and taking account the low ticket sales, I'm having trouble fitting all the pieces together. :ponderney: It really was very sudden of Britney to post that today when yesterday Nabbytabs was posting all these things promoting the residency. Plus, she said in the same post that her father was in the hospital a few months ago and was in bad condition, but the press releases say that he's recovering? Jamie Lynn has been posting about her dad since he was in the hospital a few months ago. Why is Britney bringing this up just now? Was she keeping this under wraps and thought her father would be in better condition once opening night comes closer, but her family suddenly called her yesterday to tell her that her dad is doing worse? Was it really because of low ticket sales, but out of embarrassment of admitting failure, Britney and her team decided to use her father's health issues as an excuse? Please pardon my curiosity, but I don't know. :nyheadache: I really sense something sketchy. I'm starting to think that Domination wasn't just postponed for family reasons. Prayers for her, her family, and her father of course. I can't imagine how much this will take a toll on her. :ehum:

• Like 8

Unlike MANY other exhalers (:hiii:) I'm not gonna lie and gonna be all hypocrite about it:

I simply DON'T CARE ABOUT HER DAD.

However, I DO CARE about Britney and I want whatever she wants. If she wants her dad to be healthy, then that's what I want, period. I also must say that I don't really give a **** about Dominaton as I am too broke to see it anyways:gimmemoar:.

Downvote me as much u want, at least I stayed true to myself and Exhale unlike y'all.....

• Like 8