Let’s talk about Onyx.

stateofgracebritney

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

The production was kind of cheap but it didn’t even matter because Britney carried that show... her stage presence was off the scale.

definitely my favourite tour. I begged my parents to take me but I was only 14 and they flat out refused 

How on earth was it cheap!? Because the stage itself wasnt huge?

dwad holds special place in my heart....but she's fire in onyx and I think it has the best TOMH perfomance, so fitting to the song

the only thing I dislike is MATM outifit and performance, it should have been more epic

and it's not tacky :begone: I think she looks tacky now because everything is so cheap, back then she had the best outfits even if it was lingerie 

the kiss with the dancer is hot ! I wish she was dating him   :hiii:

On 9/15/2018 at 1:04 AM, HairFlipQueen said:

I know what you mean about the unhealthy thing, I always think that when I see videos and pics of this tour or Chaotic. It's basically since she met Kevin she became a bit unkempt? Even though she cleaned up really well on stage and her body was great, her skin looked unhealthy and as though she wasn't eating much 'clean chicken'.

There are many things that as a fan I don't like let alone forgive her, and one of them is when she was careless ,dependent on him so much and absorbed his same healthy, physical and personal habits.To focus on a person like Kevin who showed  zero affection and respect for her from the beginning, which little self-esteem should have.The big problem is that she has been stuck at those levels.

10 hours ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

Her next recidency should be like onyx hotel as in terms of stage design and production. 

Add some pre-recorded vocals and a slow down set where she sings a section of ballads with a piano and a band. :crying1:

It would be great but according to her she does not know how to play the piano.I Would  like Jayden to play everytime or Someday some night with her .I would like her to be acoustic since she does not want to dance but most likely  her team  will do her  something shabby if I just settle for wearing pants and his hair is well brushed.That 's the level of expectation, sad.

I love it so much, and out of all her tours, it actually did the job it was supposed to do; promote the current album. I believe the only songs not performed from the album were "Early Mornin' " and "Brave New Girl". Aside from that, every other song on the album was performed on the tour meant to promote In The Zone. None of Britney's other tours can say that, not even the BOMT/YDMC tour, which did not feature the full album, just the singles and a few covers.

6 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I love it so much, and out of all her tours, it actually did the job it was supposed to do; promote the current album. I believe the only songs not performed from the album were "Early Mornin' " and "Brave New Girl". Aside from that, every other song on the album was performed on the tour meant to promote In The Zone. None of Britney's other tours can say that, not even the BOMT/YDMC tour, which did not feature the full album, just the singles and a few covers.

I think with all the tours but circus they did good for promoting the album. Circus they had to promote two albums so I get it but the theme was so strong so it did it’s job either way. 

12 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

There are many things that as a fan I don't like let alone forgive her, and one of them is when she was careless ,dependent on him so much and absorbed his same healthy, physical and personal habits.To focus on a person like Kevin who showed  zero affection and respect for her from the beginning, which little self-esteem should have.The big problem is that she has been stuck at those levels.

Yeah she wasn't very likeable at various points during the Kevin years, she seemed to try so hard to be badass and it was a bit cringey sometimes. I got such bad vibes off him in Chaotic, really can't see what she saw in him!!!

I totally agree, her self esteem was very low and still seems to be to this day.

Ya'll are Cray! I absolutely loved OHT, From the theme, to the David LaChapelle shoots, and visuals. The costumes were ****, and sassy. Remixes were fun, and flattering, and the whole show actually stuck to the theme.  DWAD will always be amazing, but that was a "Big Deal" then, and they pulled out the "Big Guns" for Vegas. OHT, is just a great tour to coincide with a  Great album. Newest technology, movable parts on the stage. The only thing was they added pre-recorded vocals over a live band, which made the Lip syncing  less noticeable, but still sounded too low, and a bit off.

Archived