Let’s talk about Onyx.

stateofgracebritney

So I wanted to know what are your opinions on the Onyx Hotel Tour.

Even though A lot of fans love DWAD  more, i think onyx in 2004 is definitely Britney’s peak as a dancer, performer and vocalist (despite the fact she didn’t sing live a lot, most performances of shadow and every time were pretty good) 

she looked flawless tbh :crying1:  

Did  any of you actually went to Onyx? I was too young at the time but I would do ANYTHING  to go back in time and watch this show...:mhm:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my favorite tour, I love how **** it is, I love the whole concept, how every section has a story and a character and how they're all tied together. I also love the y way she danced on it, it's so fluid and swagy, DWAD was more technical and sharp, but Onyx has this cool **** vybe.

The promo shoots are flwaless, the tour book is flawless, the commercials are flawless, I love it.
rs_500x251-131217144014-tumblr_lxx61lrkm

12 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

It's my favorite tour, I love how **** it is, I love the whole concept, how every section has a story and a character and how they're all tied together. I also love the y way she danced on it, it's so fluid and swagy, DWAD was more technical and sharp, but Onyx has this cool **** vybe.

The promo shoots are flwaless, the tour book is flawless, the commercials are flawless, I love it.
rs_500x251-131217144014-tumblr_lxx61lrkm

Me too, i would be so happy if she actually recreated it, only for once :crying1:

Just now, Herumbra said:

people say she had lazy dates on the Onyx tour, i've always wondered what they were talking about

She was really tired on IN THE ZONE era, i think she wanted to slow down a bit. She talked about it once and said something about how exhausting the tour was 

remember when her team made her perform in three different clubs in only one night?? That was the crazy in the zone n out all night

I went to two Onyx shows.  There were some complaints from fans who called it cheap and complaining about lack of props/basic stage compared to DWAD and so on.  

It was nothing compared to DWAD in terms of spectacle/costumes but it did showcase some great routines.  I remember us being told there would be a catwalk but after tickets were already on sale we found out there wasn’t....that was disappointing for those who bought seats on the floor expecting a second stage.

ONYX is my favorite Tour, from the name to the music to the dancing.

She was so hot and beautiful and her body wasn't thin, but PERFECT!
Her moves where so much more original than DWAD and she was so AWARE OF HERSELF.

Do we wanna talk about the Shadow dress?

:crying1: Or even the Toxic latex suit? :letitburn:

4 minutes ago, sibode said:

ONYX is my favorite Tour, from the name to the music to the dancing.

She was so hot and beautiful and her body wasn't thin, but PERFECT!
Her moves where so much more original than DWAD and she was so AWARE OF HERSELF.

Do we wanna talk about the Shadow dress?

:crying1: Or even the Toxic latex suit? :letitburn:

The Shadow performances were so beautiful... her Miami live  vocals are not that great but there are several dates that showcase great moments

Onyx is my least favorite tour, Yes, I even like the FFT more please don't drag me. I just find the show kinda bland and boring imo. Production was a huge step down from DWAD, and while the dancing was awesome, there wasn't really much else. The remixes are atrocious imo, and that just adds to how boring the show is for me. However I do like the costumes and choreography, those were on point.

2 minutes ago, Inuyasha said:

Onyx is my least favorite tour, Yes, I even like the FFT more please don't drag me. I just find the show kinda bland and boring imo. Production was a huge step down from DWAD, and while the dancing was awesome, there wasn't really much else. The remixes are atrocious imo, and that just adds to how boring the show is for me. However I do like the costumes and choreography, those were on point.

The production was definitely cheaper and the setlist wasn’t the best, but I do like the visuals and dance routines, her energy was so great!

I never went to that concert. But I remember watching the TV special. She looked beautiful, I loved the whole **** concept. However, I remember thinking something felt off with the audio. And that leather body suit was hot, but it gave me the impression like she couldn’t move as freely in it? Idk. I like the Onyx Tour, but I could tell by that point Britney was in need of a break. Her heart wasn’t 100% in it.

10 minutes ago, Inuyasha said:

Cannot agree, but I respect that.

But about the remixes... Do we wanna talk about POM? It's like the same song lasting for 90 minutes.

That's what really disappointed me during the show in London

Just now, sibode said:

Cannot agree, but I respect that.

But about the remixes... Do we wanna talk about POM? It's like the same song lasting for 90 minutes.

That's what really disappointed me during the show in London

POM have my favorite remixes from any tour shes done, maybe we just have completely opposite tastes:mcorangu:

Archived