Let’s talk about Onyx.

stateofgracebritney

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Onyx Hotel Tour was iconic, the outfits, Britneys look, choreos, ITZ songs, but I never liked any of the Jazz remixes, especially that Britney was never the one for the vocals, she could manage singing live up until about the Britney era then on she sounded like a train wreck everytime she tried to sing, actually she has a better control on her voice now as she has proved it in her recent show offs. Also I never got it why they changed Slave 4 U so much for Onyx that remix just takes away its sexiness. I would have done anything just to see this tour live back at that time I was a child and crazy about her. Shadow in live with Britney being so beautiful, my heart would have jumped out watching that. In this era I saw her as the real Britney and later on wanted her so bad to come back. The energy was at its peak on DWAD wich is obvious, you can clearly see how happy she is performing on DWAD, its less on Onyx, but still nothing to complain about maybe just Slave 4 U was a letdown on Onyx after doing so many good energetic slayage earlier, the Onyx one was a bit lazy. 

I enjoyed it, not as much as the DWAD tour. It still my favorite Britney tour to this day. But I think what ruined it a little for me was the way Showtime aired the concert. I hated how they put those tacky effects on the screen, and the sound was so weird. Sometimes you couldn't hear her voice, or you could hear the band over her voice. I think HBO did a much better job showing the DWAD Tour.

Definitely the DWAD tour was her peak in terms of dancing and choreography, the whole show was THE SHOW! Everything was perfectly choreographed and well rehearsed BUT...

... in my very humble opinion I prefer the Onyx Hotel Tour. Despite i didn´t feature as much sharp dancing as the previous tour, her freaking ATTITUDE was that ingredient that was missing in Britney's show. Not just the tour, the entire era was a more authentic expression of Britney's actual artistry and creativity.

24 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

... in my very humble opinion I prefer the Onyx Hotel Tour. Despite i didn´t feature as much sharp dancing as the previous tour, her freaking ATTITUDE was that ingredient that was missing in Britney's show. Not just the tour, the entire era was a more authentic expression of Britney's actual artistry and creativity.

I agree she was there and she owned the show.

On the other hand after all that's been revealed about that time I'm a bit concerned if she was that way because she was under influences that time on stage.

2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing, I actually find it messy 

Same. Messy and oversexualized. I prefer DWAD because she lets her talent do the talking. Dance was the focus.  They were trying so hard to shock during Onyx and it came across as super desperate to me. 

1 hour ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I like the DWAD tour better.

I don't really like the stage design and tbh she should have opened with the full original Me Against The Music and closed with Toxic going out with a BANG.

Brunetteney during the Onyx tour was freaking HAWT tho!!!!!

Everytime sounds pre recorded to me and Shadow was awful tbh.

Not all the performances of shadow were awful, there’s one where she sings pretty great. Sure, not excellent compared to Baby One more time vocals but still impressive imo.

Archived