Britney was rude to fan

Body ache

1 hour ago, Nickey said:

It's not just about hugging, it's about just being kind to people who paid thousands to see you. Even if you're not a "hugger", saying no to people who paid lots of money to see you (so that means they really like and support you) is just disrespectful to them...:(

No, it's not.

Hugging and kindness belong in two different categories. 

If she doesn't want to hug she can offer an alternative, e.g. handshake, fun pose. That would be the best solution. It would give the fan a fun photo but also not make her feel violated. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Luxuriou$ said:

yeah, yeah :tifflmao:

britney-spears-meet-and-greet-hugs-fan.j

britney-meet-greet.jpg

brent-1-400x400.jpg?fit=700,376CQRUD2SUkAARNX_.jpg

294l2tv.png

1zxocgh.jpg

uIIGsfk.png

Cn7fpwSUsAQ76EZ.jpg

blogger-image--1647868503.jpg

bree-4.jpg?fit=1663,1188

2a4o39f.png

14900423_1235590326537979_7572928287290614624255_1842415342661607_60865574769734

14900423_1235590326537979_75729282872906

ChKMFMHXEAEUeRT.jpg

Okay, but look at her body language, though.

In almost all of these photos she's curving her chest inwards so she doesn't actually have to touch her body to their body. And in many she's leaning in, but pulling her face away. 

I look at these photos and think that I'm looking at a person who HATES hugging strangers, but is having a good day and has agreed to do it purey out of a feeling of obligation. 

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

In almost all of these photos she's curving her chest inwards so she doesn't actually have to touch her body to their body. And in many she's leaning in, but pulling her face away. 

I look at these photos and think that I'm looking at a person who HATES hugging strangers, but is having a good day and has agreed to do it purey out of a feeling of obligation. 

She takes pictures with everyone like that. Even her sister. She's just awkward.

10 hours ago, idkidk25 said:

Is this your first day here? Go to Twitter or Instagram if you're looking for more supportive fans.

Many p̶a̶t̶h̶e̶t̶i̶c̶ people here enjoy to drag her as much as possible. Like when Sam supposedly unfollowed her, people here were disrespectful to him and their relationship because they never liked him in the first place. They don't like POM and currentney's dancing, so they trash them to express their dissatisfaction with her and their miserable lives.

If she's ruining her legacy, then let her be and stop paying attention to her, not telling her to retire or wishing her died years ago because of your selfishness. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Wow you must be britney

4 hours ago, Luxuriou$ said:

yeah, yeah :tifflmao:

britney-spears-meet-and-greet-hugs-fan.j

britney-meet-greet.jpg

brent-1-400x400.jpg?fit=700,376CQRUD2SUkAARNX_.jpg

294l2tv.png

1zxocgh.jpg

uIIGsfk.png

Cn7fpwSUsAQ76EZ.jpg

blogger-image--1647868503.jpg

bree-4.jpg?fit=1663,1188

2a4o39f.png

14900423_1235590326537979_7572928287290614624255_1842415342661607_60865574769734

14900423_1235590326537979_75729282872906

ChKMFMHXEAEUeRT.jpg

I can't believe those photos, she seems like a totally different woman and it was still after everything that went down in her life.  When and why did she lose that professionalism? To me (and only me) those are so great that I would be so pissed if I had currentney posing with me. When she really has to, she does her job. 

It's kind of sad actually... Being how she so humble and growing up without the luxury of Money until of course she was famous. She should understand her fans, people that support her and lover her pay BIG money for this opportunity to meet her and have that experience and this is what you give them? Come on Brit you gotta be better than this. :pensiveney:

IMO, they should stop doing meet'n'greets. She obviously does not feel comfortable to meet her fans for the moment... I just can't pay that amount of money to spend just less than 1 minute with her... I mean, look at Rihanna's meet'n'greet, Katy Perry's, Taylor's, Gaga's... That is what I think for a real meet'n'greet.

Britney is not the same anymore. Since her breakdown in 2007, she got worse and worse. We thought she was ok during the Circus era, but from the Femme Fatale era, with those unbelievable meet'n'greets, useless interviews, the under-the-water Britney... I mean, we all said that she looked like a robot during FFT... and the beginning of POM was A mess...

She should just stop for a while, just try to enjoy REALLY her life without being push to go on stage and do this and that. Her management knows that she is a cash machine. Her family as well. If she has money, she has control. If she has control, she can have her boys. If she has her boys, she is happy... but the truth, is she really happy to be Britney Spears, a superstar, singing and dancing... entertaining ?

I don't think so anymore... I mean, she obviously likes to sing and perform but... when I see Britney from her interview 15/20 years ago, or performing... I feel so bad !

I don't know what REALLY happen. Why she got so shy and weird... a believe mental illness (and of course mental breakdown)... Why did she have to change her face, her noise, her mouth...

I guess we'll never have the answer.

All I really want is to see her cool again, meeting her fans without being like this... and enjoy herself as she used to do...

13 hours ago, 3Pney said:

britney should retire. we all know she can not perform anymore. even katy perry is a way better performer than britney these days.

and we keep hearing those stories about her being rude to fans... if she doesnt like it, she should just quit it. shes damaged her image enough. 

ew come on, katy perry was, is and will be horrible artist

12 minutes ago, Harlow said:

IMO, they should stop doing meet'n'greets. She obviously does not feel comfortable to meet her fans for the moment... I just can't pay that amount of money to spend just less than 1 minute with her... I mean, look at Rihanna's meet'n'greet, Katy Perry's, Taylor's, Gaga's... That is what I think for a real meet'n'greet.

Britney is not the same anymore. Since her breakdown in 2007, she got worse and worse. We thought she was ok during the Circus era, but from the Femme Fatale era, with those unbelievable meet'n'greets, useless interviews, the under-the-water Britney... I mean, we all said that she looked like a robot during FFT... and the beginning of POM was A mess...

She should just stop for a while, just try to enjoy REALLY her life without being push to go on stage and do this and that. Her management knows that she is a cash machine. Her family as well. If she has money, she has control. If she has control, she can have her boys. If she has her boys, she is happy... but the truth, is she really happy to be Britney Spears, a superstar, singing and dancing... entertaining ?

I don't think so anymore... I mean, she obviously likes to sing and perform but... when I see Britney from her interview 15/20 years ago, or performing... I feel so bad !

I don't know what REALLY happen. Why she got so shy and weird... a believe mental illness (and of course mental breakdown)... Why did she have to change her face, her noise, her mouth...

I guess we'll never have the answer.

All I really want is to see her cool again, meeting her fans without being like this... and enjoy herself as she used to do...

THIS!!! my exact thoughts.

makes me so sad :( 

15 hours ago, --- said:

britney is rude to her fans every time she performs pom.:sew:

15 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

Quick pic? I would have told her "ok, no pic, give me my money back and learn how to perform properly"

14 hours ago, Goku said:

Im just here for the excuses by britards because she almost died 11 years ago. :akii:

Y'all got me f**king cackling. :hahaha:

If I ever had an experience like this, I'd ask for a refund and tell her how incredibly disappointing she is.

4 hours ago, Tetris said:

I’m still surprised hugs have even gotten back in the mix. When I had my m&g back in September 2016, security specifically told us not to ask for hugs. And I’m always shocked at the photos that include a kiss on the cheek - from her or the fan. 

It’s an invasion of personal space, regardless of the fact that someone paid a lot of money for the photo opp. It’s socially unnatural to interact that closely with a complete stranger - and especially when it’s a line of 30 strangers in a row. Everybody is different with their comfort zones - so comparing how Rihanna and Taylor Swift interact with their fans (as right vs. wrong) isn’t exactly fair. Just because they are better, doesn’t mean they’re unequivocally right.

In general, I think we all know by this point that Britney is exhausted from people telling her what to do - and even something as small as a fan asking her to do a specific pose can still feel like a micro-aggression, and trigger a negative response. I don’t think turning down a hug or a specific pose is “rude” on her part. Sometimes she’s in the mood, sometimes she isn’t. She really doesn’t owe anyone more than a “Hello, nice to meet you” and a good smile for the camera. (So I do find it ****** up when she can’t manage that.)

I think it’s pretty obvious that every superstar celebrity experiences levels of existential crisis over the balance of being a product for consumption and maintaining their own humanity. They are still people, and have the right to determine their boundaries in order to be at peace. 

I love this.

Especially the part about the "micro-aggression," because it's true. We have no idea what she's been through in life in terms of fans touching her without her consent, so to expect to enter into her personal space -- no matter how much money has been paid -- just seems incredibly unfair to her.

54 minutes ago, alienatedNey said:

Wow you must be britney

No, but I'm not a hugger. I HATE IT when people want to hug me -- especially older men. They always hold on for a couple of seconds longer than necessary, and it's f**king disgusting. :gross:

Boyfriends and dogs? Absolutely. Friends and family, okay. But strangers? That's a hard pass, thanks.

Archived