Britney was rude to fan

Body ache

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, musolino said:

I'll never understand why people that don't like what she's doing still care so much about her.
it's like being vegetarian and looking for meats at reduced prices every week.
If she's sooo lazy / ridiculous / talentless / annoying, then move on !
Otherwise, it's masochism.

A better analogy would be - you used to be a meat eater until it wasn’t satisfying you much anymore after meals, and you longed for the good old days when a really amazing burger would fill you up and make you feel energised!

So you became vegetarian so as not to keep being disappointed by the underwhelming meat, but you tease yourself by looking in butchers windows at all that prime steak, dreaming that one day you’ll take a bite and it will be everything you remember it was!!! ?

A FF era fan said the same thing, she kept looking at the camera, never looked at him, not once, refused to do a different pose, and when the fan asked for a hug she just looked at her security and he said "just take the ******* picture" so I guess that's not a new thing, it's just that many people aren't exhalers or stans so we never learn about it, and others *cough*kinganthony*cough* come up with stories about how amazing their M&G was cause they'd be too ashamed to reveal it if she treated them like that. :(

Makes me wonder about her personality sometimes. Not wanting to give someone a hug is fine, but refusing to pose when they paid you to pose with them? Gurl what are you doin :icant2:

That's why I'd never pay to meet her. I'll go to her show in a week, but I'd never, ever, pay to see her.

Some people are "huggers" and some aren't. Especially introverts.

A lot of introverts find hugging their own family and friends to be really off-putting, so just imagine how it would make them feel to hug a stranger?

It's nothing personal -- it's about having other people enter your comfort zone or personal space.

It sounds like Britney is not a hugger. I don't understand how people can't just accept that? :idgi:

6 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

A lot of introverts find hugging their own family and friends to be really off-putting, so just imagine how it would make them feel to hug a stranger?

It's nothing personal -- it's about having other people enter your comfort zone or personal space.

It sounds like Britney is not a hugger. I don't understand how people can't just accept that? :idgi:

It's not just about hugging, it's about just being kind to people who paid thousands to see you. Even if you're not a "hugger", saying no to people who paid lots of money to see you (so that means they really like and support you) is just disrespectful to them...:(

5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

yeah, yeah :tifflmao:

britney-spears-meet-and-greet-hugs-fan.j

britney-meet-greet.jpg

brent-1-400x400.jpg?fit=700,376CQRUD2SUkAARNX_.jpg

294l2tv.png

1zxocgh.jpg

uIIGsfk.png

Cn7fpwSUsAQ76EZ.jpg

blogger-image--1647868503.jpg

bree-4.jpg?fit=1663,1188

2a4o39f.png

14900423_1235590326537979_7572928287290614624255_1842415342661607_60865574769734

14900423_1235590326537979_75729282872906

ChKMFMHXEAEUeRT.jpg

Ok so that positive twittter-experience never happened. Everyone only had a few seconds. I was there also and I was allowed to go in twice to get the picture retaken. The first time she literally said 'hi' and turned to the cam which told me we had to take a picture fast. Then she said 'enjoy'. We did that awkward standing next to each other thing.

The second time she put her hand on my back and I put my hand on her back and we did another picture. Also she said 'hi' and then thanked me and told me to enjoy the show. I didn't expect her to talk to me for long. There were people who were really, really excited and had high expectations that were not met. I was there with my best friend and he said he asked if he could hug her and she said 'later' and then told him no. He says he isn't a fan anymore, he was really sad and didn't even enjoy much lf the show .

I don't blame her as much as the team. They probably stressed her out because she was late. 

I’m still surprised hugs have even gotten back in the mix. When I had my m&g back in September 2016, security specifically told us not to ask for hugs. And I’m always shocked at the photos that include a kiss on the cheek - from her or the fan. 

It’s an invasion of personal space, regardless of the fact that someone paid a lot of money for the photo opp. It’s socially unnatural to interact that closely with a complete stranger - and especially when it’s a line of 30 strangers in a row. Everybody is different with their comfort zones - so comparing how Rihanna and Taylor Swift interact with their fans (as right vs. wrong) isn’t exactly fair. Just because they are better, doesn’t mean they’re unequivocally right.

In general, I think we all know by this point that Britney is exhausted from people telling her what to do - and even something as small as a fan asking her to do a specific pose can still feel like a micro-aggression, and trigger a negative response. I don’t think turning down a hug or a specific pose is “rude” on her part. Sometimes she’s in the mood, sometimes she isn’t. She really doesn’t owe anyone more than a “Hello, nice to meet you” and a good smile for the camera. (So I do find it ****** up when she can’t manage that.)

I think it’s pretty obvious that every superstar celebrity experiences levels of existential crisis over the balance of being a product for consumption and maintaining their own humanity. They are still people, and have the right to determine their boundaries in order to be at peace. 

9 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Wow, I feel bad for you. She is a rude diva and I've suspected this for a while, she really should stop doing these M&G's but she won't.

I don't think her boys should have to say hello to fans though, it's not their choice to be in this business.

Why do we keep torturing this woman she has very bad anxiety she doesn't enjoy meeting strangers even if they are fans m&g are torture for her she should just not do it and it's over priced anyway for a sloppy 2sec pic

14 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Why do we keep torturing this woman she has very bad anxiety she doesn't enjoy meeting strangers even if they are fans m&g are torture for her she should just not do it and it's over priced anyway for a sloppy 2sec pic

What do you mean by torturing her? I find that really interesting, I feel like people excuse Britney for so much because they do actually think she's above other human beings and should be treated as though she might break at any moment. I'm sure Britney herself has said she doesn't like that and wants to be treated like anyone else.

Why do you put the blame on the fans to stop the meet and greets? You really don't think that should be down to Britney? I wonder why she does them....it will 100% be money related and she knows she can get away with giving a sub standard experience because of people who let her get away with anything.

Also, we don't know she has a diagnosis of anxiety.

18 minutes ago, Tetris said:

I’m still surprised hugs have even gotten back in the mix. When I had my m&g back in September 2016, security specifically told us not to ask for hugs. And I’m always shocked at the photos that include a kiss on the cheek - from her or the fan. 

It’s an invasion of personal space, regardless of the fact that someone paid a lot of money for the photo opp. It’s socially unnatural to interact that closely with a complete stranger - and especially when it’s a line of 30 strangers in a row. Everybody is different with their comfort zones - so comparing how Rihanna and Taylor Swift interact with their fans (as right vs. wrong) isn’t exactly fair. Just because they are better, doesn’t mean they’re unequivocally right.

In general, I think we all know by this point that Britney is exhausted from people telling her what to do - and even something as small as a fan asking her to do a specific pose can still feel like a micro-aggression, and trigger a negative response. I don’t think turning down a hug or a specific pose is “rude” on her part. Sometimes she’s in the mood, sometimes she isn’t. She really doesn’t owe anyone more than a “Hello, nice to meet you” and a good smile for the camera. (So I do find it ****** up when she can’t manage that.)

I think it’s pretty obvious that every superstar celebrity experiences levels of existential crisis over the balance of being a product for consumption and maintaining their own humanity. They are still people, and have the right to determine their boundaries in order to be at peace. 

I do agree with this, she shouldn't feel she has to hug or kiss fans at all, we all have the right to have our boundaries respected and refuse contact with someone.

I think it's just really, really obvious at this point that she doesn't enjoy meeting her fans, doesn't particularly want to talk to them, and is itching to get it over with. I don't think it's a genuine interaction at all, she just does it purely to make money. I just feel sorry for people paying that much and having the experience of knowing she doesn't really want to talk to you!

3 hours ago, Martini said:

im so sorry :( 

i literally had a nightmare about meeting britney last night (that was similar to your story) and woke up this morning realizing i don't ever want to meet her (i've been a fan since i was 6) i just can't put myself through something like that. i would walk away completely traumatized by my idol being rude to me. just better not to meet your heroes sometimes right?

Same, I've always said this.

One of my biggest dreams is seeing her live (i'm from Spain, so it's not easy to get), but not meeting her. I'm sure it would be awkward and I don't want that.

1 hour ago, HairFlipQueen said:

A better analogy would be - you used to be a meat eater until it wasn’t satisfying you much anymore after meals, and you longed for the good old days when a really amazing burger would fill you up and make you feel energised!

So you became vegetarian so as not to keep being disappointed by the underwhelming meat, but you tease yourself by looking in butchers windows at all that prime steak, dreaming that one day you’ll take a bite and it will be everything you remember it was!!! ?

Lucky for me that animal body parts dont make me drool 

Archived