Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

1 minute ago, Jose1992 said:

Maybe in her 2007/08 state of mind, when she lost her husband, her childrens and practicly her career to, she was so lonely that she created a sick relation with the paparazzi just to not feel alone, and of course the paparazzi took advantage of her weakness and made her problems grow bigger

this would make sense actually. no one is saying its all britney's fault but certain members seem to blame the media for everything when britney is partially to blame aswell. she could've hid herself away but she didn't and she had to face the consequences of her actions. its good to see her in a much better place now but fans need to stop using the breakdown as some sort of crutch for the fact her career is ****

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, button said:

I'm not saying paps harassment is justified. Most paps are absolute trash but they're unfortunately a big part of the business and we can't do anything about their existence. It's a legal job. So Britney and every other celebrity should be smart when it comes to them. yes people were out to destroy Britney but she gave them a lot of material to work with in the first place. she did a lot of mistakes and didn't handle things well at all.

Then, I should have misunderstood what you have previously said. Yes famous people should be aware of paps/media presence and malice, and they should be smarter and handle them better. Otherwise, I feel this sounds easy in theory, but not that easy in real life. Specially, the US media is quite malicious. I remember when at a press meeting someone asked to a 19-20 years old Britney publicly if she was virgin or not. Considering US moral ethic, it was quite difficult to say the truth. What I mean it's that sometimes to handle with the media and paps means you must limit your own liberty and your own desires (to avoid ppl dragging you), it seems easy, but probably it goes to a point in which you don't care about paps and doing what is "correct" to do anymore, and you start doing what you want to do (which is probably incorrect). Then, I cannot blame someone for being free tbh. Just my opinion, of course.:forkit:

It also happened with Prince Harry (when he was caught smoking weed, partying and so on and so forth). Sometimes people cannot understand that they are just "inmature" young kids.

22 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

no one is justifying what the paps did tho :whitney: we are saying britney is not the innocent party in this and loves to play the victim as proven by her statements in ftr :whitney:

who's the innocent party in this according to you?

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

No one :madonna: that is my point both britney & the paps were to blame for her downfall in the media's eyes, britney made mistakes & the paps cashed in on that

:madonna:

my point doesn't differ too much from yours.Otherwise, imo paps/media had more fault on this than brit herself. 

11 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

this would make sense actually. no one is saying its all britney's fault but certain members seem to blame the media for everything when britney is partially to blame aswell. she could've hid herself away but she didn't and she had to face the consequences of her actions. its good to see her in a much better place now but fans need to stop using the breakdown as some sort of crutch for the fact her career is ****

Yeah, I think that after all the **** that happens to her, she simply lost passion for her career and right now she does not care anymore, she simply want to be with her children and her family right now, and periodically release music just to please her fans.

Just now, lolo. said:

:madonna:

my point doesn't differ too much from yours.Otherwise, imo paps/media had more fault on this than brit herself. 

your post in reply to button seemed like you were saying he was justifying the paps actions. I replied saying that we weren't then you asked me who the innocent party was and I answered and now we are having some pointless conversation :madonna:

2 minutes ago, Jose1992 said:

Yeah, I think that after all the **** that happens to her, she simply lost passion for her career and right now she does not care anymore, she simply want to be with her children and her family right now, and periodically release music just to please her fans.

If she wanted to be with her family then she would. She obviously still wants to have a career she just doesn't want to put any effort in, she likes the money not the workload. I doubt she is attempting to please her fans aswell when she puts 0 effort into her shows.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@button @Pedro Dantas

I disagree with the comments in here about her meltdown only being for attention. It's clear Britney was not right in the head. I mean this is someone who became a global superstar at age 16, she never got to live a normal adolescence and she grew up with every little move under a microscope. She was teenager and teenagers makes mistakes.

After the breakup with JT was when she broke out of the shell and started to rebel. Finishing off the good girl image completely for In the Zone, the parties, the boys, etc. She was desperate to live out the life she couldn't while she was younger, but it just became too much to handle and she hit the wall after being scrutinized once again for being a mother. Literally everyone was rooting against her marriage and that freaking sucks man. Imagine people wishing ill on your love life like that. The whole thing about driving with Preston in her lap thing, that's what rednecks do. She's a redneck, she's country, those kids drive go-karts when they're not even 10 years old, look at Maddie's accident recently. That's just how those people live their lives.

Granted, she has done other things that warrant an eyebrow raise such as Adnan, the chicken grease on the dress, running the red lights, etc. but at that point, she needed an intervention and I'm glad Jamie stepped in. Britney realized her mistakes and said word for word on For the Record: "I'm a smart person, what the hell was I thinking?"

As for @Daredevil @jamesedward94, the meltdown needs to not be used as a crutch anymore. Britney is in a much better place now and the meltdown does not hinder her career anymore. The media does not drag her down the way it did in 2007, she was redeemed to the public in 2008, once the Circus era kicked off. Britney can still dance, she can still sing. The reason she chooses to not do either of those things to her full pointential, is because she lacks the passion and motivation now. She needs to find her muse again, and if she was able to release In the Zone (her best record) while under control from her label and team... then there's absolutely no reason as to why she can't do the same thing today. Stop chasing trends and do what you really want to do.

btw. this is a post i can somewhat agree with. Britney was clearly living her wildest white trash fantasies in 2007. even at 24-25  she was still very immature and irresponsible.

2007 was part of growing up for her. she realized her mistakes like u said and moved on.

Just now, Shadow. said:

your post in reply to button seemed like you were saying he was justifying the paps actions. I replied saying that we weren't then you asked me who the innocent party was and I answered and now we are having some pointless conversation :madonna:

And I said to him that "I should have misunderstood what he previously said". I know what we've been talking anyway:madonna:

11 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

No one :madonna: that is my point both britney & the paps were to blame for her downfall in the media's eyes, britney made mistakes & the paps cashed in on that

But you are pointing out the whole story as Britney's mistake. She did mistakes, yes, all of us do we are people. There was an ongoing at least 1 year long negative impact from the media on her. I mean who can handle this? 

People mention that celebrities should be ready and watch out for this. I agree but if you remember what was going on with Britney it was beyond normal from the media side. She was walking and stumbled and it was in the front page of a magazine. Imagine this is going on for such a long time daily. I think there are not many people who could handle this well.

Please not I am not saying Britney is innocent. And she is also not playing a victim as you mention. The point is that the breakdown was partially her mistake, but from the greater side it was media and the pressure she could not handle, so that is why she rebelled.

I see the breakdown as her mistake totally beforehand, when she was in her prime and fed people with controversies. Once she stopped and wanted to live her life with the kids and Kevin, she couldn't run from the media anymore. And it destroyed her.

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

If she wanted to be with her family then she would. She obviously still wants to have a career she just doesn't want to put any effort in, she likes the money not the workload. I doubt she is attempting to please her fans aswell when she puts 0 effort into her shows.

She still wants to be an a artist, but what I am saying is that she has not passion enough to put more effort in her career, her music is not one of her priorities

8 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

But you are pointing out the whole story as Britney's mistake. She did mistakes, yes, all of us do we are people. There was an ongoing at least 1 year long negative impact from the media on her. I mean who can handle this? 

People mention that celebrities should be ready and watch out for this. I agree but if you remember what was going on with Britney it was beyond normal from the media side. She was walking and stumbled and it was in the front page of a magazine. Imagine this is going on for such a long time daily. I think there are not many people who could handle this well.

Please not I am not saying Britney is innocent. And she is also not playing a victim as you mention. The point is that the breakdown was partially her mistake, but from the greater side it was media and the pressure she could not handle, so that is why she rebelled.

I see the breakdown as her mistake totally beforehand, when she was in her prime and fed people with controversies. Once she stopped and wanted to live her life with the kids and Kevin, she couldn't run from the media anymore. And it destroyed her.

I was pointing out Britney's mistakes because you were/are trying to make out she was some sort of victim by saying her mental health issues were worse than someone else's who weren't in the public eye, I told you how she brought that on herself by bringing along the paps to join her wild nights, and even going as far as to date one. SHE brought it on herself and the paps leeched onto that. She constantly blamed the paps in ftr yet she was the one who encouraged it. She was playing the victim. BOTH are at fault as I have already said previously 

She also chose to be famous and unfortunately paps come with the package, its not an excuse for their actions but lets not pretend britney didn't enjoy the attention sometimes that she would get from them

5 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Shhhhh.....You're ruining my thread!

:nyheadache::britstare11:

I mean it's a reach though. She is heading towards Xtina department tbh

The hype for her is so little these days. 

Its not good and I don't think it's good to act like it isn't bad because now is such a crucial time for her career. 

11 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Wow, I'm so happy Britney's album is selling as much as the crap that's coming from these fads.

Point is, Britney was outselling both her contemporaries and newer artists in her prime. Her sales are not fine, they're getting worse. Her stuff debuts high thanks to us and then freefalls off the charts because we already bought it and the GP is not sustaining it.

Britney Spears shouldn't be behind some disposable bro country duo and Barbra Streisand her debut week.

Make Me seen a huge increase on iTunes after her VMA performance

I hope you are not foolish to think it was the fans only buying 

It was radio dropping the song as the sale had stabilize that did the song in.

2 hours ago, Shadow. said:

Reportedly Britney was tipping off the paps about her whereabouts 

http://www.mtv.com/news/1580476/britney-spears-and-the-paparazzi-has-singer-developed-stockholm-syndrome/

I don’t really believe the «Britney was the one tipping them off» part, unless I misread something, wasn’t it Sam? although not blaming Britney is problematic aswell since she chose to do certain things

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Make Me seen a huge increase on iTunes after her VMA performance

I hope you are not foolish to think it was the fans only buying 

It was radio dropping the song as the sale had stabilize that did the song in.

That's great but it didn't peak higher than it's debut on the Hot 100, where as Lemonade shot back to #1 on iTunes that weekend. Meanwhile Glory did not gain a boost from the VMA performance on the BB 200 which is more important than a single, and it didn't maintain it's #1 position on iTunes either. The song then dropped the following week on the Hot 100 because there was nothing else going to keep it afloat. Radio dropped the song because there was no requests for it. RCA even sent out and payola'd the studio mix of the VMA performance to rack up interest but people were not here for it. Understand that VMA performance did the least amount of work it could have done.

Archived