Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

39 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't think she needs to leave she just needs to take control again. The same Britney that decided to take the bull by the horns for In the Zone and Blackout. Britney's been on autopilot since Circus. And even when she claims that she's involved and the record is "her baby" like Glory, she chooses to stop promoting after the first month and lets it die. Only two singles again. What's the issue here?

I totally agree. She definitely doesn't seems to care about her albums. I think she is still VERY controlled. Nothing has been her baby since In the Zone.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

His best album was Future Love/*** Sounds, I'm sorry I don't make the rules :mattafact: and is an AMAZING album

It's a great album, but I prefer 20/20. I listen to more songs off of that consistently. It has my favorite JT songs on it. Mirrors is my favorite of his, and I love Suit and Tie, Drink You Away, and Not a Bad Thing. The only song off of Future Love I still listen to is What Goes Around. But none of his albums even come close to being as good as Britney's best. She has ALWAYS made better music in my opinion. I think some of JT's best was with *NSYNC honestly. It's Gonna Be Me and Gone are so good. But he's still an amazing solo artist. I just think he could do a lot more.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you comparing Britney to two fad artists that are on a steady decline?

Why not compare to her contemporaries like JT and Bey?

Also, she didn't sell 111k, she sold 88k pure copies. 111k includes streaming.

Point is, Britney should be pushing at least 100k first week.

Thing is Britney most of the time pushes away her audience on purpose. :quirkney: I mean who the hell does a vegas residency in their early thirties? :lemmetellu:

18 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I totally agree. She definitely doesn't seems to care about her albums. I think she is still VERY controlled. Nothing has been her baby since In the Zone.

I dont think thats it. If she doesnt care then why release albums? She probably blames us fans for not buying them tbh. She would. :ipass:

30 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Fixed :mattafact:

Haha. Blackout is great but I think that was the start of her voice sounding more robotic and it being more about the production. I think In the Zone is her personal best with Toxic, Breathe on Me, and Everytime. Blackout doesn't seem like "her baby", even though it may be her best as a whole.

29 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I dont think thats it. If she doesnt care then why release albums? She probably blames us fans for not buying them tbh. She would. :ipass:

I mean, she cares, but she doesn't have the same passion. I would say Glory was her best since Blackout for sure and definitely the best she's sounded since In the Zone. I just don't feel like she wants to be number one anymore. She's fine with being in Vegas and just releasing albums here and there. She doesn't strive for success anymore.

37 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Thing is Britney most of the time pushes away her audience on purpose. :quirkney: I mean who the hell does a vegas residency in their early thirties? :lemmetellu:

Well, she changed the game. No one has before Britney and she's been extremely successful. She has single handedly rejuvenated Planet Hollywood. I give her a lot of credit for reinventing herself once again. Yes, she's been there way too long at this point, but it's been so good for her. Last year she gave us the best performances since her prime. She was even voted Best Vegas Show years in a row. I think it was a pretty brilliant career move for her honestly. Even though I'm ready for her to get back to proper touring and to leave Vegas behind for a while.

3 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I didn't say those were pure sales.

And yes, I know there are other artists from her time selling more, but I think we should also look at today's artists. She is still keeping up with some of the most recent heavy hitters in the pop game from the past decade, and I definitely think that says something!

Britney is in a very tough position because while Circus was an incredible comeback, she never regained the same level of sales and popularity of her former years. Beyoncé and JT are seen perfect in the eyes of most, while many still think of Britney as crazy. And while a lot of major artists lip sync, Britney gets the majority of the backlash for it. She is still doing pretty well regardless of all of that though!

Well Britney never even tried to prove to public that she is not crazy or that she is in a goof place. On top of that she looks most of the time very messy, even in red carpet appearances.

I don't even want to discuss her performance abilities, career dedication etc. I totally understand that general public still thinks that she is in a bad place.

45 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

Well Britney never even tried to prove to public that she is not crazy or that she is in a goof place. On top of that she looks most of the time very messy, even in red carpet appearances.

I don't even want to discuss her performance abilities, career dedication etc. I totally understand that general public still thinks that she is in a bad place.

Yeah, she's worn way too mini of those short, tight dresses. And the makeup has been off countless times. It would be so easy to have her looking perfect all the time. She needs more natural makeup, less raccoon eyes, and darker eyebrows. But Britney hates being touched and she just decides to do it herself most of the time, and when she does use someone, they aren't the best. When it's done correctly she looks amazing.

It all definitely plays a part in her success.

7 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Yeah, she's worn way too mini of those short, tight dresses. And the makeup has been off countless times. It would be so easy to have her looking perfect all the time. She needs more natural makeup, less raccoon eyes, and darker eyebrows. But Britney hates being touched and she just decides to do it herself most of the time, and when she does use someone, they aren't the best. When it's done correctly she looks amazing.

It all definitely plays a part in her success.

I think her bad image is playing the biggest part of her low commercial success. She does not look like a superstar.

She doesn't have to look perfect all the time, she should look decent in her free time and flawless on red carpet.

I never understood why she looks so messy, when I was younger I thought it was some american thing to look like that haha. Because in Europe most of the people take care how they look when they are going out, they try at least to look decent. 

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Well, she changed the game. No one has before Britney and she's been extremely successful. She has single handedly rejuvenated Planet Hollywood. I give her a lot of credit for reinventing herself once again. Yes, she's been there way too long at this point, but it's been so good for her. Last year she gave us the best performances since her prime. She was even voted Best Vegas Show years in a row. I think it was a pretty brilliant career move for her honestly. Even though I'm ready for her to get back to proper touring and to leave Vegas behind for a while.

Ya but she chose it. She chose to go there when the gp was ready for her then she released a mediocre album and before that she did really well with FF considering she was fishing and doing everything except promoting the album and when she did it was half assed and mediocre. She checked out a while ago and thats her fault cause she could have done the stuff shes doing now back then, but I guess better late than never. If she treated this album like BJ it wouldnt have even went top 50.

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I mean, she cares, but she doesn't have the same passion. I would say Glory was her best since Blackout for sure and definitely the best she's sounded since In the Zone. I just don't feel like she wants to be number one anymore. She's fine with being in Vegas and just releasing albums here and there. She doesn't strive for success anymore.

Shes a competitor. She even said it herself. This is the same girl that said shes too busy selling millions of albums. Shes definitely not happy with the sales but the people close to her like her management probably tell her what she wants to hear instead of the truth which is that she needs to PROMOTE. HEAVILY. And have more than two music videos.

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you comparing Britney to two fad artists that are on a steady decline?

Why not compare to her contemporaries like JT and Bey?

Also, she didn't sell 111k, she sold 88k pure copies. 111k includes streaming.

Point is, Britney should be pushing at least 100k first week.

I wouldnt say Gaga is on a steady decline at all. Her super bowl performance was the most watched ever. And her tour is selling out all over the place lol. 

Archived