Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I'm not highlighting the negative, I'm highlighting the accuracy. Britney Spears does not need to be compared to today's contemporary acts because she is in a whole league above them. Why are you acting like a pop legend doing similar numbers to some noob is a good thing?

Her tour did amazing because it's Asia and she hasn't toured there since 2002. There's a demand. Are you honestly delusional enough to believe the same success would be repeated in the US during 2017? When she's debuting at #3 while her contemporaries score #1's?

I'm not telling Britney to leave her family behind. I'm telling Britney to stop giving such mediocre performances. She performs three nights a week WITH vacation. Yet she goes out there, looking disheveled by the end of the show, mismatched outfits, and waters down her choreography. Oh, and doesn't bother to sing one word live. Is that good to you? Britney can have her family and her career...

I don't want Britney to have Beyonce's career. I want Britney to actually care about her craft again. I'm sick of the interviews with the vague *** answers, it's like she has no idea. Where's the passion about your project? If I called an album "my baby", I want the whole world to hear that baby. Slumber Party received ZERO promotion. It makes me think it's still the Femme Fatale era and she's being forced to record **** she doesn't like... so what's the tea Britney, what do you really want to release so you can be proud of your work again?

rbdWv.gif

Exactly.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Daredevil said:

I am not saying she is a victim only, but you are ignoring the facts. You admitted you have anxiety issues, so imagine you have ongoing year-long pressure on you. How do you know what you would act like? How do you know you won't start making mistakes and behave erratic as the result of the pressure and your illness?

I am not sure you are getting what a person with minor health issues can go through when having such media and worldwide pressure. All was negative about her since she started dating Kevin, so let's stop acting as all was her mistake and the media and people around just watched....

Yeah, I agreee with you. All the media attention and people following you everywhere wanting to know all your moves, I am sure was not easy to handle, much less to somebody who clearly has some sort of mental problem. So lets not blame only Britney, because she clearly made bad decisions, but the media was not that innocent, they were enjoying every step of her breakdown, and selling magazine and report about her meltdown.

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I'm not highlighting the negative, I'm highlighting the accuracy. Britney Spears does not need to be compared to today's contemporary acts because she is in a whole league above them. Why are you acting like a pop legend doing similar numbers to some noob is a good thing?

Her tour did amazing because it's Asia and she hasn't toured there since 2002. There's a demand. Are you honestly delusional enough to believe the same success would be repeated in the US during 2017? When she's debuting at #3 while her contemporaries score #1's?

I'm not telling Britney to leave her family behind. I'm telling Britney to stop giving such mediocre performances. She performs three nights a week WITH vacation. Yet she goes out there, looking disheveled by the end of the show, mismatched outfits, and waters down her choreography. Oh, and doesn't bother to sing one word live. Is that good to you? Britney can have her family and her career...

I don't want Britney to have Beyonce's career. I want Britney to actually care about her craft again. I'm sick of the interviews with the vague *** answers, it's like she has no idea. Where's the passion about your project? If I called an album "my baby", I want the whole world to hear that baby. Slumber Party received ZERO promotion. It makes me think it's still the Femme Fatale era and she's being forced to record **** she doesn't like... so what's the tea Britney, what do you really want to release so you can be proud of your work again?

I think you'll find that Britney's peers are doing worse than today's 'Contemporaries'. For example, Mariah doesn't do amazing in album sales, neither does Janet, neither does Madonna, Xtina is nowhere to be seen. The only 2 doing better than Britney and her peers are JT and Beyonce. The fact that she can keep up with today's artists says a lot to me tbh and I'm proud of her for that.

And don't go there with that 'Why doesn't she care about her craft' Bull. Have you heard Glory? it's AMAZING and you can hear that she put so much effort into that album. So that isn't the problem.

A to the rest of your post, I'm not going to comment because personally I don't think that it validates a response :BBMAney:

2 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I think you'll find that Britney's peers are doing worse than today's 'Contemporaries'. For example, Mariah doesn't do amazing in album sales, neither does Janet, neither does Madonna, Xtina is nowhere to be seen. The only 2 doing better than Britney and her peers are JT and Beyonce. The fact that she can keep up with today's artists says a lot to me tbh and I'm proud of her for that.

And don't go there with that 'Why doesn't she care about her craft' Bull. Have you heard Glory? it's AMAZING and you can hear that she put so much effort into that album. So that isn't the problem.

A to the rest of your post, I'm not going to comment because personally I don't think that it validates a response :BBMAney:

Mariah, Janet and Madonna are not Britney's peers by any means. They all debuted 10-15 years earlier than her. :madonna:

19 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

I Wanna agree but

MM hasnMt reached 100 million on Spotify

slumber party hasn’t even reached 30 million that’s horrible for someone like Britney

and her album not only lost the number 1 spot to Barbara and that band Idk about, but she barely sold more than Britney Jean, BARELY! Unless she decides to do something sbout it, it’s Not gonna grt better

However, isn't Britney the only 90's artist to have 7 or so albums reach over 100m plays on Spotify? So what it's not her latest album that get's the streams. It doesn't matter. What matters is that she is still popular with the GP. Even if it is her old stuff. It means there is potential for the future. Her team and Britney will do what they will do. Our opinions and throwing tantrums (Not saying you @Crayboy) won't change this fact. :outwithit:

35 minutes ago, button said:

exactly. Britney made mistakes. So let's not act like she was a victim of the media obsession with her. leaving her kids at home to go stock up on red bull at 2am, driving with her kid on her lap, running red lights ect. those are all things u can't make up excuses for. if she hated the media attention then why was she sleeping and having *** with the paparazzi? britney has done a lot of questionable things, so let's not pretend she is a victim. :whitney:

don't care if my comments are similar to the haters', maybe they do because we both share something which is not having Rose stan glasses on so we're not obsessed with victimizing britney? :whitney:

I have not rose stan glasses for saying that paps harassment is not justified. Anyone is free to do whatever they want (if you don't hurt anyone neither you limit anyone's liberty). Everyone is allowed to make mistakes and that's not a reason to suffer from harassment. Britney Spears had her own problems, she was quite irresponsible back then. But let's not justify what the paps did or what the US/WW media did. I mean, why not helping her instead of destroying her? People enjoy watching someone suffering, while they sit on their filthy sofas laughing about how horrible Britney's supposedly perfect life was to forget how horrible their lives are. That's not a question of Britney Spears seeking for attention, rather a problem of a sick society seeking for someone to destroy (and not making Britney Spears exclusive, tons and tons of regular people suffer everyday from the same). 

1 minute ago, button said:

Mariah, Janet and Madonna are not Britney's peers by any means. They all debuted 10-15 years earlier than her. :madonna:

It's not about their debut though, it's about how the public perceive them. The general public think of Mariah, Britney, Janet, Madonna as being in the same 'category'. They've been around for so many years, etc. Beyonce and JT are still fresh in people's minds. That's the difference :lemmetellu:

Just now, Pinky98 said:

Are you sure about that sweetie? Because Rebel Heart and Unbreakable both outsold Glory. :beysip:

I enjoy Glory... but keep being delusional and thinking that this:

Fan: "Hey Britney, what are some of your favorite songs on the new album?"

Britney: "um ya I really like Make Me cuz itz chill n nawt so poppy so dats why itz da first single ya"

is indicative of having passion for your work. :beysip:

You can't reply to anything else because you realized I have a point. :beysip:

3 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

However, isn't Britney the only 90's artist to have 7 or so albums reach over 100m plays on Spotify? So what it's not her latest album that get's the streams. It doesn't matter. What matters is that she is still popular with the GP. Even if it is her old stuff. It means there is potential for the future. Her team and Britney will do what they will do. Our opinions and throwing tantrums (Not saying you @Crayboy) won't change this fact. :outwithit:

100m for a whole album, with 15-16 tracks, is not impressive by any means. 100m is what most popstars get for a single song alone.

The GP hasn't been interested in consuming new Britney music since 2011. U are delusional if u think she is still relevant to the public. :whitney:

4 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

It's not about their debut though, it's about how the public perceive them. The general public think of Mariah, Britney, Janet, Madonna as being in the same 'category'. They've been around for so many years, etc. Beyonce and JT are still fresh in people's minds. That's the difference :lemmetellu:

So NSYNC and Destiny's Child never existed huh? :beysip:

22 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I disagree with the comments in here about her meltdown only being for attention. It's clear Britney was not right in the head. I mean this is someone who became a global superstar at age 16, she never got to live a normal adolescence and she grew up with every little move under a microscope. She was teenager and teenagers makes mistakes.

After the breakup with JT was when she broke out of the shell and started to rebel. Finishing off the good girl image completely for In the Zone, the parties, the boys, etc. She was desperate to live out the life she couldn't while she was younger, but it just became too much to handle and she hit the wall after being scrutinized once again for being a mother. Literally everyone was rooting against her marriage and that freaking sucks man. Imagine people wishing ill on your love life like that. The whole thing about driving with Preston in her lap thing, that's what rednecks do. She's a redneck, she's country, those kids drive go-karts when they're not even 10 years old, look at Maddie's accident recently. That's just how those people live their lives.

Granted, she has done other things that warrant an eyebrow raise such as Adnan, the chicken grease on the dress, running the red lights, etc. but at that point, she needed an intervention and I'm glad Jamie stepped in. Britney realized her mistakes and said word for word on For the Record: "I'm a smart person, what the hell was I thinking?"

I don't think her meltdown was only for attention. I do think that some of the stuff she did during it were made for attention (partying with Paris and Lindsay, no underwear, etc.). I do agree that she was rebeling during 2007 and, in fact, most of the stuff she did after the JT breakup was rebeling (Vegas marriage, K-Fed marriage, Chaotic, etc.). I think she is a victim to an extent. She's a victim of **** people like Sam Lufti, who used her for money. However, it must be pointed out that Britney was the one who allowed those kind of people into her life. After a few months, she basically lost control of the whole thing, and that's when I think she was a victim. That ended in early 2008 (c-ship, restraining order against Sam, etc.). When I say she did lots of stuff for attention, that's because it's kinda true. Why did she do them for attention? Because she was rebelling. She was sick of being America's sweetheart. I don't think the "mommy mistakes" were done for attention, though. Was she a victiom of the media? Yes and no. Yes because it's disgusting that paparazzi follow celebrities to spy into their personal lifes to sell magazines. No, because they probably wouldn't have followed her around if she didn't do such crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I don't think her meltdown was only for attention. I do think that some of the stuff she did during it were made for attention (partying with Paris and Lindsay, no underwear, etc.). I do agree that she was rebeling during 2007 and, in fact, most of the stuff she did after the JT breakup was rebeling (Vegas marriage, K-Fed marriage, Chaotic, etc.). I think she is a victim to an extent. She's a victim of **** people like Sam Lufti, who used her for money. However, it must be pointed out that Britney was the one who allowed those kind of people into her life. After a few months, she basically lost control of the whole thing, and that's when I think she was a victim. That ended in early 2008 (c-ship, restraining order against Sam, etc.). When I say she did lots of stuff for attention, that's because it's kinda true. Why did she do them for attention? Because she was rebelling. She was sick of being America's sweetheart. I don't think the "mommy mistakes" were done for attention, though. Was she a victiom of the media? Yes and no. Yes because it's disgusting that paparazzi follow celebrities to spy into their personal lifes to sell magazines. No, because they probably wouldn't have followed her around if she didn't do such crazy stuff.

I agree, but I mean at the same time you need to understand she was lonely as ****. She couldn't see her friends, she divorced, she wasn't happy so she befriended whoever she could for the sake of having human company. At the end of the day, she realized she let the wrong people into her life and she talked about that on For the Record too.

"I let some bad people into my life... because I was lonely..."

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I agree, but I mean at the same time you need to understand she was lonely as ****. She couldn't see her friends, she divorced, she wasn't happy so she befriended whoever she could for the sake of having human company. At the end of the day, she realized she let the wrong people into her life and she talked about that on For the Record too.

"I let some bad people into my life... because I was lonely..."

Exactly. I'm not denying that. Basically, I'm saying: "Britney did all that attention seeking **** because she was lonely, rebelling and alowed the wrong people into her life".

7 minutes ago, lolo. said:

I have not rose stan glasses for saying that paps harassment is not justified. Anyone is free to do whatever they want (if you don't hurt anyone neither you limit anyone's liberty). Everyone is allowed to make mistakes and that's not a reason to suffer from harassment. Britney Spears had her own problems, she was quite irresponsible back then. But let's not justify what the paps did or what the US/WW media did. I mean, why not helping her instead of destroying her? People enjoy watching someone suffering, while they sit on their filthy sofas laughing about how horrible Britney's supposedly perfect life was to forget how horrible their lives are. That's not a question of Britney Spears seeking for attention, rather a problem of a sick society seeking for someone to destroy (and not making Britney Spears exclusive, tons and tons of regular people suffer everyday from the same). 

no one is justifying what the paps did tho :whitney: we are saying britney is not the innocent party in this and loves to play the victim as proven by her statements in ftr :whitney:

11 minutes ago, lolo. said:

I'm not saying paps harassment is justified. Most paps are absolute trash but they're unfortunately a big part of the business and we can't do anything about their existence. It's a legal job. So Britney and every other celebrity should be smart when it comes to them. yes people were out to destroy Britney but she gave them a lot of material to work with in the first place. she did a lot of mistakes and didn't handle things well at all.

Maybe in her 2007/08 state of mind, when she lost her husband, her childrens and practicly her career too, she was so lonely that she created a sick relation with the paparazzi just to not feel alone, and of course the paparazzi took advantage of her weakness and made her problems grow bigger

Just now, Jose1992 said:

Maybe in her 2007/08 state of mind, when she lost her husband, her childrens and practicly her career to, she was so lonely that she created a sick relation with the paparazzi just to not feel alone, and of course the paparazzi took advantage of her weakness and made her problems grow bigger

I mean after two years of the same ****, by that point she was just like **** it, I'm not getting rid of you so when I'm in a good mood I'll talk to you, you can pump my gas, give me directions, etc.

Archived