Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

Compared to other more recent artists, Britney is still doing very well....

Glory debuted with 111,000 and has sold 250,000 copies. This is her ninth album.

Katy Perry's new album, Witness, is only her fifth album and has been out for a while yet has only sales a total of 162,000.

Lady Gaga has been one of the biggest artists of the past decade and her fifth album, Joanne, has only sold 600,000.

Recent popular artists are barely selling with only a handful of albums out, while Britney has had SEVEN platinum selling albums including TWO diamond albums! And most recent artists don't have any iconic moments to back up the sales they do have! Britney is coming up on 20 years since her first single came out, and she is still selling albums and selling out shows!

She is definitely still kicking *** and I am not the least bit worried about her carreer!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you comparing Britney to two fad artists that are on a steady decline?

Why not compare to her contemporaries like JT and Bey?

Also, she didn't sell 111k, she sold 88k pure copies. 111k includes streaming.

Point is, Britney should be pushing at least 100k first week.

I didn't say those were pure sales.

And yes, I know there are other artists from her time selling more, but I think we should also look at today's artists. She is still keeping up with some of the most recent heavy hitters in the pop game from the past decade, and I definitely think that says something!

Britney is in a very tough position because while Circus was an incredible comeback, she never regained the same level of sales and popularity of her former years. Beyoncé and JT are seen perfect in the eyes of most, while many still think of Britney as crazy. And while a lot of major artists lip sync, Britney gets the majority of the backlash for it. She is still doing pretty well regardless of all of that though!

Just now, jamesedward94 said:

I didn't say those were pure sales.

And yes, I know there are other artists from her time selling more, but I think we should also look at today's artists. She is still keeping up with some of the most recent heavy hitters in the pop game from the past decade, and I definitely think that says something!

Wow, I'm so happy Britney's album is selling as much as the crap that's coming from these fads.

Point is, Britney was outselling both her contemporaries and newer artists in her prime. Her sales are not fine, they're getting worse. Her stuff debuts high thanks to us and then freefalls off the charts because we already bought it and the GP is not sustaining it.

Britney Spears shouldn't be behind some disposable bro country duo and Barbra Streisand her debut week.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Wow, I'm so happy Britney's album is selling as much as the crap that's coming from these fads.

Point is, Britney was outselling both her contemporaries and newer artists in her prime. Her sales are not fine, they're getting worse. Her stuff debuts high thanks to us and then freefalls off the charts because we already bought it and the GP is not sustaining it.

Britney Spears shouldn't be behind some disposable bro country duo and Barbra Streisand her debut week.

It's still bad but didn't Barbara buddle her albums with ticket sales?

@ShowdownITZ

Beyoncé and JT never had a breakdown. People look at Britney differently now. She's been at a huge disadvantage. She would easily be beating them if the breakdown never happened, but I think for her to still be selling albums and even selling very well with a mini world tour is great. Yes, I wish she was selling more but I think she is doing fine for everything she's been through! Barbara will always sell more bc she's Barbara and FGL are the biggest duo in country music so I can understand both of them selling more. Britney does not care near as much about her career anymore and I think if she did she would make the effort to promote more and give much better performances and would sell a lot more. But maybe she'll make another big comeback soon, who knows!

9 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

@ShowdownITZ

Beyoncé and JT never had a breakdown. People look at Britney differently now. She's been at a huge disadvantage. She would easily be beating them if the breakdown never happened, but I think for her to still be selling albums and even selling very well with a mini world tour is great. Yes, I wish she was selling more but I think she is doing fine for everything she's been through! Barbara will always sell more bc she's Barbara and FGL are the biggest duo in country music so I can understand both of them selling more. Britney does not care near as much about her career anymore and I think if she did she would make the effort to promote more and give much better performances and would sell a lot more. But maybe she'll make another big comeback soon, who knows!

She’s had two #1 albums since her breakdown, that’s not a great excuse. And Blackout could’ve went #1 if they didn’t change the Bilboard rules.

Truth is, Britney Jean and Glory flopped because the gp doesn’t take Britney seriously as a performer anymore and they really weren’t great albums. Glory was better, but the damage was done with BJ.

26 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you comparing Britney to two fad artists that are on a steady decline?

Why not compare to her contemporaries like JT and Bey?

Also, she didn't sell 111k, she sold 88k pure copies. 111k includes streaming.

Point is, Britney should be pushing at least 100k first week.

Britney almost has half a decade of career existence as a solo artist before both JT and Beyonce. There eventual downfall will come just as every musician who has ever existed. Compare JT's and Beyonces solo marks in 2023/2024 to give a better/fairer assessment. 

7 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

@ShowdownITZ

Absolutely not. People love a good comeback story. It's the reason why Circus has outsold Blackout. But why has Femme Fatale not outsold Circus? Britney has been playing it safe since 2011. And I'm not asking her to be #1 on top of the world again, I'm asking for another evolution, the same way she naturally progressed from Baby One More Time to Circus. There's been accounts of people working with her since Circus that have said the same thing, Britney's lacking motivation and passion. With covering up all the little mistakes she thinks everything's fine and will continue to play it safe.

Why do you think we got that Happy Birthday live vocal? Because she wanted to prove she could sing live after the backlash that came from her saying "I always sing live!"...

Let Britney know how bad certain things are and she'll understand, she's not some fragile little child...

1 minute ago, Army1 said:

Britney almost has half a decade of career existence as a solo artist before both JT and Beyonce. There eventual downfall will come just as every musician who has ever existed. Compare JT's and Beyonces solo marks in 2023/2024 to give a better/fairer assessment. 

Beyonce and JT were both the stars of their musical groups. It's the reason why Justified and Dangerously In Love debuted so well, they already had an established fanbase.

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Absolutely not. People love a good comeback story. It's the reason why Circus has outsold Blackout. But why has Femme Fatale not outsold Circus? Britney has been playing it safe since 2011. And I'm not asking her to be #1 on top of the world again, I'm asking for another evolution, the same way she naturally progressed from Baby One More Time to Circus. There's been accounts of people working with her since Circus that have said the same thing, Britney's lacking motivation and passion. With covering up all the little mistakes she thinks everything's fine and will continue to play it safe.

Why do you think we got that Happy Birthday live vocal? Because she wanted to prove she could sing live after the backlash that came from her saying "I always sing live!"...

Let Britney know how bad certain things are and she'll understand, she's not some fragile little child...

What did the people who worked on Circus say about her?

2 hours ago, danny1994 said:

She’s had two #1 albums since her breakdown, that’s not a great excuse. And Blackout could’ve went #1 if they didn’t change the Bilboard rules.

Truth is, Britney Jean and Glory flopped because the gp doesn’t take Britney seriously as a performer anymore and they really weren’t great albums. Glory was better, but the damage was done with BJ.

I don't think it's because of respect that her albums are flopping. I think it's just lack of exposure. If she put herself out there, paid for radios to play her songs (like everyone does nowadays), pay people to promote her music. She would be doing well. I listen to songs from artists I don't respect or don't care for because the song was catchy or good. Glory was a trendy album, it sounds like everything on the radio, if she just promoted it correctly and not the bad promo she did. It would at least be doing Selena or Ariana numbers.

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Beyonce and JT were both the stars of their musical groups. It's the reason why Justified and Dangerously In Love debuted so well, they already had an established fanbase.

And Britney has two diamond albums and solo record sales that JT and Beyonce are never going to pass, so whats your point? And how does them being the standouts from their groups have anything to do with waiting til their respective 20 year solo career marks to compare them to where Britney is now? Britney's been a solo artist for 5 plus more years then Beyonce and JT...its not fair to compare where Britney is now to where Beyonce and JT are now

@BoyToySoldier

I meant to tag you in that other post. Lol.

But yeah, it does suck that others from her time are doing much better. However, if you think about it, they are all around the same age, yet Britney has almost double the amount of albums. Yes, they were in groups, but still. And only recently Beyoncé released her career best album Lemonade and JT released his personal best 20/20, even though I don't think he's had one AMAZING album. Britney's debut was released in 1999 and is considered a classic and went diamond, along with her follow up, and the album many think is her best, Blackout, was released a decade ago. JT and Beyoncé have never had the same sales and have only recently released their career albums. Britney is nine albums deeps and she's never really had a break. I think she needs to leave for several years and regain her passion and then come back!

3 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

@BoyToySoldier

But yeah, it does suck that others from her time are doing much better. However, if you think about it, they are all around the same age, yet Britney has almost double the amount of albums. Yes, they were in groups, but still. And only recently Beyoncé released her career best album Lemonade and JT released his personal best 20/20, even though I don't think he's had one AMAZING album. Britney's debut was released in 1999 and is considered a classic and went diamond, along with her follow up, and the album many think is her best, Blackout, was released a decade ago. JT and Beyoncé have never had the same sales and have only recently released their career albums. Britney is nine albums deeps and she's never really had a break. I think she needs to leave for several years and regain her passion and then come back!

His best album was Future Love/*** Sounds, I'm sorry I don't make the rules :mattafact: and is an AMAZING album

14 minutes ago, Army1 said:

And Britney has two diamond albums and solo record sales that JT and Beyonce are never going to pass, so whats your point? And how does them being the standouts from their groups have anything to do with waiting til their respective 20 year solo career marks to compare them to where Britney is now? Britney's been a solo artist for 5 plus more years then Beyonce and JT...its not fair to compare where Britney is now to where Beyonce and JT are now

Yes sweetie by all means let's keep LIVING IN THE PAST and bring up all of Britney's prior musical accomplishments while her contemporaries in 2017, also 20 years into their careers have the best selling album of 2016.

I'm aware that Britney has a top notch career. But it didn't have to die after 2009. Her lack of motivation and passion keeps dragging her down and at this point, I'm done blaming her team. She's a grown *** woman, conservatorship or not. She chose to scrap videos, she chose to not fight for her album concepts, she chose to release an album with someone else's voice dubbing choruses.

5 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

@BoyToySoldier

I don't think she needs to leave she just needs to take control again. The same Britney that decided to take the bull by the horns for In the Zone and Blackout. Britney's been on autopilot since Circus. And even when she claims that she's involved and the record is "her baby" like Glory, she chooses to stop promoting after the first month and lets it die. Only two singles again. What's the issue here?

17 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yes sweetie by all means let's keep LIVING IN THE PAST and bring up all of Britney's prior musical accomplishments while her contemporaries in 2017, also 20 years into their careers have the best selling album of 2016.

I'm aware that Britney has a top notch career. But it didn't have to die after 2009. Her lack of motivation and passion keeps dragging her down and at this point, I'm done blaming her team. She's a grown *** woman, conservatorship or not. She chose to scrap videos, she chose to not fight for her album concepts, she chose to release an album with someone else's voice dubbing choruses.

Oh my goodness, I only mentioned Britneys past accomplishments because you mentioned Beyoncesand JTs...why do you keep missing the point that Britney's career status in 2017 cannot be held to the same measuring stick as Beyonces and JTs in 2017. Britney came out as a solo artist in 1998, JT and Beyonce in 2003....it is NOT a fair comparison. Compare JT and Beyonce's relevancy/sales/influence in 2023 to Britneys relevancy/sales/relevancy at her 20 year mark..understand? 

And her career did not die in 2009..She had four top ten hits in 2011, including two number 1's . And her presence/name on Scream and Shout gave Will.i.am a worldwide #1 song in 2012...her career/brand didnt start waining til after 2012....and please do not respond with a focus on these stats...just the fact that her, JT and Beyonce arent at the same points in the careers...Britneys been around years longer as a solo artist so you cant compare the three of them evenly

Album dont really sell anymore, except some exceptions lile Adele and Beyoncé. But the thing is that Britney doesn't sell singles either, and her recent music/videos arent that streamed. That says a lot. People arent that interested in her. Other artist may not have a lot of albums sales but they manage to have hits and a loooot of streaming points which is important now in the digital era. If Britney was an artist who would debut her career it would be ok but for Britney standard this is not great numbers, sorry.

Archived