Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Work ***** debut at #12 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was not great but digital sales was good

Make Me debut at #17 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was good at first and they evetually dropped it, but the sales was very good

The songs did not get into the top 10 but they got in the top 20 which is impressive

But they COULD gave gotten into the Top 10 had Britney properly gave each the attention they needed...

Had Britney performed Work ***** on GMA, it would have easily went Top 10 the following week.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Work ***** debut at #12 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was not great but digital sales was good

Make Me debut at #17 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was good at first and they evetually dropped it, but the sales was very good

The songs did not get into the top 10 but they got in the top 20 which is impressive

You didn't answer his question, once again you go on some dumb rampage about how top 20's are good for a 20 year career yet contradict yourself by saying the reason barbra streisand is outcharting glory is because of her long career :tiffcackle:

I think another point to make is this.  Without going on Exhale every day, can you honestly say that Britney is super relevant in the media?  Compared to other artists, I don't think I have heard much about her anymore.  Maybe here and there but it is not as much as relevant singers now.  The GP has definitely not paid her any attention since FF era.  A lot of kids these days don't even know who Britney is :orangu:  That can't be said about Beyoncé.  She came on to the scene when Britney did (yes Destiny's Child counts) and she is still one of if not the most relevant and talked about artist on this planet.  Even kids today know who she is because she is still everywhere in the media and keeps herself relevant with LIVE singing, controversy, albums that redefine what we think about music, touring, radio play. etc..  There is no denying that.

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But they COULD gave gotten into the Top 10 had Britney properly gave each the attention they needed...

Had Britney performed Work ***** on GMA, it would have easily went Top 10 the following week.

Britney gave make Me a VMA performance and seen a big increase afterwards

4 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

I think another point to make is this.  Without going on Exhale every day, can you honestly say that Britney is super relevant in the media?  Compared to other artists, I don't think I have heard much about her anymore.  Maybe here and there but it is not as much as relevant singers now.  The GP has definitely not paid her any attention since FF era.  A lot of kids these days don't even know who Britney is :orangu:  That can't be said about Beyoncé.  She came on to the scene when Britney did (yes Destiny's Child counts) and she is still one of if not the most relevant and talked about artist on this planet.  Even kids today know who she is because she is still everywhere in the media and keeps herself relevant with LIVE singing, controversy, albums that redefine what we think about music, touring, radio play. etc..  There is no denying that.

Britney not a mediawhore

She gets a healthy amount of attention just the way she likes

Beyonce lipsynchs too

None of Beyonce music is game changing

The way she released her self titled album was game changing

13 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

You didn't answer his question, once again you go on some dumb rampage about how top 20's are good for a 20 year career yet contradict yourself by saying the reason barbra streisand is outcharting glory is because of her long career :tiffcackle:

What does that old lady have to do with this?

11 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney not a mediawhore

Beyonce lipsynchs too

she's not a mediawhore yet she kissed madonna for attention, stripped off her tuxedo at the 2000 Vma and filmed herself naked in the Womanizer video.

beyoncé isn't half the attention ***** britney is. :whitney:

Beyoncé lips to pre-recorded vocals at least unlike britney who plays vocals she recorded in 1997-1998 and beyoncé is at least convincing when she lips unlike britney who makes it blatantly obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney not a mediawhore

Beyonce lipsynchs too

When Britney was a "mediawhore" though, wouldn't you say that was when she was the most relevant with the GP? :whitney:  That is what artists do.  They love attention and crave the media because that is exactly what gets people to pay attention to them.

And the "healthy" amount of media is the exact reason she isn't doing well in the GP.  Nobody knows her anymore because she doesn't go out and promote anymore, only when she is forced to do so.

Beyoncé sings live WAY more than Britney ever has.  She never had to sing happy birthday to prove that either. :whitney:

You just contradicted yourself.  You said none of Beyoncé's music is game changing and yet you just said her self titled album was.  Which is it?  :calculating: 

5 minutes ago, David Rose said:

you usually spill the tea but this is so off base, especially nowadays

i'm talking about them in general. cappycorn87 is always telling us that Britney is NEVER attention seeking unlike beyoncé. britney has done way more attention seeking things in her career than her. and when asked about those things britney did, he says she's just being ****. umm... :whitney:

if we're talking about the last couple of years then yes there's truth to what you're saying, although britney hasn't let go of her attention seeking habits either (she grabbed g-eazy's bulge at the VMA for example).

5 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

I agree with everything you said except this.  Beyoncé is definitely an attention *****, maybe more so than Brit and that is what is keeping the attention on her for the GP.

this is for you too

3 minutes ago, button said:

i'm talking about them in general. cappycorn87 is always telling us that Britney is NEVER attention seeking unlike beyoncé. britney has done way more attention seeking things in her career than her. and when asked about those things britney did, he says she's just being ****. umm... :whitney:

if we're talking about the last couple of years then yes there's truth to what you're saying, although britney hasn't let go of her attention seeking habits either (she grabbed g-eazy's bulge at the VMA for example).

8 minutes ago, button said:

i'm talking about them in general. cappycorn87 is always telling us that Britney is NEVER attention seeking unlike beyoncé. britney has done way more attention seeking things in her career than her. :whitney:

i dont know if i consider the crotch grab attention seeking, i think there was so much of nothing going on in that performance that it was more of a 'might as well' decision...nothing britney does nowadays or in recent times is attention seeking to me, in fact i think she has actively stopped seeking attention and loves her newfound sense of (relative) anonymity...

literally everything beyonce does and says is a cry for attention. not taking away her talent and passion cause she has it, but still.

3 minutes ago, David Rose said:

i dont know if i consider the crotch grab attention seeking, i think there was so much of nothing going on in that performance that it was more of a 'might as well' decision...nothing britney does nowadays or in recent times is attention seeking to me, in fact i think she has actively stopped seeking attention and loves her newfound sense of (relative) anonymity...

literally everything beyonce does and says is a cry for attention.not taking away her talent and passion cause she has it, but still.

britney has calmed down in terms of being attention seeking and controversial recently (major reason why her career has stalled lately) but like i said i'm talking to someone who believes Britney has never been attention seeking in her career and slams beyoncé for being an attention ***** as if britney never sought attention herself. don't know why i even bothered quoting him. i just remembered his answer last time was "Britney is just being ****, never attention seeking". :tiffcackle:

43 minutes ago, button said:

Imagine calling out another artist for being an attention ***** when Britney owns most of her career to controversy and media attention. :tiffcackle:@Cappycorn87

Yes, but so does Beyoncé, and she still does it.  It's not a bad thing.  But Beyoncé is just as much of an attention seeker, if not more so nowadays.  I mean, it is really hard for me to believe that the whole Jay Z and Beyoncé cheating scandal didn't have anything to do with Beyoncé being an attention seeker.  We can see that Britney had attention seeking moments all throughout her marriage with Kevin but nothing to the extent of dragging on a cheating scandal from 15 years ago and use that as the basis of her most recent album.

Archived