Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because honestly, you want to know the truth? The media feels so guilty by how terrible 2007 was that they keep bringing that up to remind everyone, "we can't say negative things about Britney anymore because we feel responsible in part for her public meltdown". What you said is exactly what she needs to do. In order to shake off this decade long image of pity, Britney needs to come out swinging with an album and era that's true to herself and can really get people talking.

She released Glory which is A great way to pick up from where Britney left off on Blackout.

Glory was like a reintroduction to Britney as Invitation let us know.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Everything good on Britney end

All the buzz around the rumors of her doing Superbowl last month says otherwise about you saying nobody being interested.  There were more current names being thrown with less buzz.

Anybody who travels to Vegas, which is A lot, knows about her show whether they go or not.

Um, do you live under a rock? The rumors were not met with a positive reaction.

19 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you comparing Britney to two fad artists that are on a steady decline?

Why not compare to her contemporaries like JT and Bey?

Also, she didn't sell 111k, she sold 88k pure copies. 111k includes streaming.

Point is, Britney should be pushing at least 100k first week.

I agree with everything you've said in every single reply. Honestly, our opinions on Britney's career are pretty much identical. The disappointment is real, and I can't deal with the delusional stans in this thread... Thanks for unleashing the boiling hot tea. :saycheese:

18 hours ago, Army1 said:

Oh my goodness, I only mentioned Britneys past accomplishments because you mentioned Beyoncesand JTs...why do you keep missing the point that Britney's career status in 2017 cannot be held to the same measuring stick as Beyonces and JTs in 2017. Britney came out as a solo artist in 1998, JT and Beyonce in 2003....it is NOT a fair comparison. Compare JT and Beyonce's relevancy/sales/influence in 2023 to Britneys relevancy/sales/relevancy at her 20 year mark..understand? 

And her career did not die in 2009..She had four top ten hits in 2011, including two number 1's . And her presence/name on Scream and Shout gave Will.i.am a worldwide #1 song in 2012...her career/brand didnt start waining til after 2012....and please do not respond with a focus on these stats...just the fact that her, JT and Beyonce arent at the same points in the careers...Britneys been around years longer as a solo artist so you cant compare the three of them evenly

Alllllll of this ! Plus they didn't have a public mental breakdown like Britney did. That's a stigma that Britney has yet to shed. The general public are turning around in terms of what they think of her and in recent years she's gotten praise for turning her life around BUT that stigma of 2007 has had an impact on her career whether people want to admit it or not.

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because honestly, you want to know the truth? The media feels so guilty by how terrible 2007 was that they keep bringing that up to remind everyone, "we can't say negative things about Britney anymore because we feel responsible in part for her public meltdown". What you said is exactly what she needs to do. In order to shake off this decade long image of pity, Britney needs to come out swinging with an album and era that's true to herself and can really get people talking.

THIS. Allllllll of this :drinky:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's cool but nobody checked for 

59 minutes ago, Jay Holiday said:

Alllllll of this ! Plus they didn't have a public mental breakdown like Britney did. That's a stigma that Britney has yet to shed. The general public are turning around in terms of what they think of her and in recent years she's gotten praise for turning her life around BUT that stigma of 2007 has had an impact on her career whether people want to admit it or not.

Britney never going to about about the opinion of folks that don't know her.

She didn't care then and will never care

It's evident that Britney has longevity where other artists of today have struggled to keep a steady grip.  

I have to say that I've been shocked at how lackluster other Pop Titans have been at a time that is their "Prime"!! In all honesty I think it boils down to one simple thing.. their careers got the best of them & they made the fatal mistake that a lot of artists do as they climb into iconic terroritory... they tried too hard, thought too much & ended up releasing material that completely separated themselves from their core base. 

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Everything good on Britney end

All the buzz around the rumors of her doing Superbowl last month says otherwise about you saying nobody being interested.  There were more current names being thrown with less buzz.

Anybody who travels to Vegas, which is A lot, knows about her show whether they go or not.

Her name gets thrown around for the Super Bowl every year though. At this point, I'm beginning to think they only put her on there to mess with true stans.

And we must be reading different reviews because I haven't heard that great of reviews... and that is coming from her fans!

2 hours ago, I_Need_Me said:

Her name gets thrown around for the Super Bowl every year though. At this point, I'm beginning to think they only put her on there to mess with true stans.

And we must be reading different reviews because I haven't heard that great of reviews... and that is coming from her fans!

THE REALITY is, this year Britney rumor concerning the Superbowl cause alot of headlines in the media and talk amongst the public on blogs, messageboards

Other names were thrown out there but there was no big buzz around their names like Britney whether it be good or bad

3 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

It's evident that Britney has longevity where other artists of today have struggled to keep a steady grip.  

I have to say that I've been shocked at how lackluster other Pop Titans have been at a time that is their "Prime"!! In all honesty I think it boils down to one simple thing.. their careers got the best of them & they made the fatal mistake that a lot of artists do as they climb into iconic terroritory... they tried too hard, thought too much & ended up releasing material that completely separated themselves from their core base. 

Yupthat happened great to Lady Gaga

On 09/08/2017 at 5:40 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you comparing Britney to two fad artists that are on a steady decline?

Why not compare to her contemporaries like JT and Bey?

Also, she didn't sell 111k, she sold 88k pure copies. 111k includes streaming.

Point is, Britney should be pushing at least 100k first week.

JT and Bey didn't sell even half of what Britney were selling back in the day....

Britney doesn't live for her career anymore, if only she wants she could still do as well as Bey or JT...

9 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

THE REALITY is, this year Britney rumor concerning the Superbowl cause alot of headlines in the media and talk amongst the public on blogs, messageboards

Other names were thrown out there but there was no big buzz around their names like Britney whether it be good or bad

Maybe somebody can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I heard that this was the closest Britney has ever been to actually performing half time.  Every year they throw her name out but this year there were meetings.  Once again, I'm not sure if that was confirmed.

I'm assuming the 87 in your username is the year you were born?  That would make you 4 years older than me.  You should be able to compare how well Britney was doing back in her prime to how she has been doing for the past 4 - 5 years now.  The difference is astronomical.  Like I said before, some kids today don't even know who Britney is.

1 hour ago, I_Need_Me said:

Maybe somebody can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I heard that this was the closest Britney has ever been to actually performing half time.  Every year they throw her name out but this year there were meetings.  Once again, I'm not sure if that was confirmed.

I'm assuming the 87 in your username is the year you were born?  That would make you 4 years older than me.  You should be able to compare how well Britney was doing back in her prime to how she has been doing for the past 4 - 5 years now.  The difference is astronomical.  Like I said before, some kids today don't even know who Britney is.

I don't care about little children

Britney Spears is a known name globally

1 hour ago, I_Need_Me said:

I’m not sure she got any closer this year, the meetings were just a rumor I think. And it got more attention than usual because the rumor came from a major American newspaper as opposed to a random tabloid.

But yeah, the fact that some people think it’s a good idea for Britney to perform on the world’s largest stage is crazy. She’ll embarrass herself.

Archived