Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, button said:

yeah no. if she wasn't enjoying being scrutinized by the media then why was she sleeping with the paparazzi? and most of the attention birthed from britney doing stupid **** like driving with her kid on her lap, partying and getting drunk every night at the club while her kids were at home, running red lights ect.

2007 was just britney being dumb and catching the attention of the media so they started following her around hence why she was on the news all the time. it's majorarily her fault.

Well this is exactly the opinion of the haters during that time, criticizing every her move and everything was her mistake. Britney made mistakes, she rebelled, she was in the middle of personal crisis and divorce meanwhile in the media attention. She got into it that much as it ended up with the public breakdown. As to your description, she was acting unreasonably and dump, but wasn't this the result of a huge depression, confusion and serious mental issues? Is it her mistake that she ended up like this?

Seriously go to Perez Hilton page and youtube and search for the videos from 2007. Read the comments, they are very similar to what you guys say now.

@Shadow.

Well, I am not gonna defend Britney and say that her current perfomances abilities are consequencies of her breakdown, but I am not gonna critize what she did during her breakdown or what she is doin right now, because nobody besides her and her team know what really happened to her and what its going on in her mind.

We dont really now whats the problem she has, but it has to be something very serious if her father still have custody of her life.

And about the things she did during her breakdown, maybe she was indeed looking for attention or simply something broke in her mind that made her take all that bad decisions, we dont know and probably will never now..

6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

It's amazing how they were always "at the right place, at the right time": that weird post-rehab "interview", head shave, showing her vag entering Paris' McLaren, etc. :whitney:

LOL dude. they were with her 24/7. We daily had three to four different candids. One of those could be "at the right time" the others were just picture of Britney getting a coffee or getting from the care to somewhere..

8 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

Well this is exactly the opinion of the haters during that time, criticizing every her move and everything was her mistake. Britney made mistakes, she rebelled, she was in the middle of personal crisis and divorce meanwhile in the media attention. She got into it that much as it ended up with the public breakdown. As to your description, she was acting unreasonably and dump, but wasn't this the result of a huge depression, confusion and serious mental issues? Is it her mistake that she ended up like this?

Seriously go to Perez Hilton page and youtube and search for the videos from 2007. Read the comments, they are very similar to what you guys say now.

exactly. Britney made mistakes. So let's not act like she was a victim of the media obsession with her. leaving her kids at home to go stock up on red bull at 2am, driving with her kid on her lap, running red lights ect. those are all things u can't make up excuses for. if she hated the media attention then why was she sleeping and having *** with the paparazzi? britney has done a lot of questionable things, so let's not pretend she is a victim. :whitney:

don't care if my comments are similar to the haters', maybe they do because we both share something which is not having Rose stan glasses on so we're not obsessed with victimizing britney? :whitney:

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Wow, I'm so happy Britney's album is selling as much as the crap that's coming from these fads.

Point is, Britney was outselling both her contemporaries and newer artists in her prime. Her sales are not fine, they're getting worse. Her stuff debuts high thanks to us and then freefalls off the charts because we already bought it and the GP is not sustaining it.

Britney Spears shouldn't be behind some disposable bro country duo and Barbra Streisand her debut week.

You're highlighting the negatives :outwithit:

The fact that she is pulling average numbers for an A list pop star these days is staggering! Her music is amazing, her music has always been amazing (Even BJ had a couple of gems on there). She produces quality music and people buy and listen to it because they know that...

Britney wants to release music and maintain her position in the industry which she IS doing. Her tour did AMAZING. Vegas is doing AMAZING. Her album and single sales are SOLID. Her Spotify numbers are doing BRILLIANT. 

Beyonce and JT are full time singers, they release many singles per album, they promote a lot, they have the life to do that. They focus on their careers. 

Britney wants to be with her children too, she's a part time performer which is totally doable and she's doing it effortlessly. She's content in her professional and personal life. 

Leave her sales alone... her sales and streaming numbers are solid. There's no need to compare and pit them against each other. ALL artists in the industry have said they hate it when fans go against each other. There's no need for it because the artists often like each other and support each other. 

One day she'll retire and you'll moan. I'm enjoying the music, her career and even her IG posts. At the end of the day it's about quality, and Britney brings it all the time so I'm happy :kesha:

2 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

The fact that she is pulling average numbers for an A list pop star these days is staggering! Her music is amazing, her music has always been amazing (Even BJ had a couple of gems on there). She produces quality music and people buy and listen to it because they know that...

Britney wants to release music and maintain her position in the industry which she IS doing. Her tour did AMAZING. Vegas is doing AMAZING. Her album and single sales are SOLID. Her Spotify numbers are doing BRILLIANT. 

Beyonce and JT are full time singers, they release many singles per album, they promote a lot, they have the life to do that. They focus on their careers. 

Britney wants to be with her children too, she's a part time performer which is totally doable and she's doing it effortlessly. She's content in her professional and personal life. 

Leave her sales alone... her sales and streaming numbers are solid. There's no need to compare and pit them against each other. ALL artists in the industry have said they hate it when fans go against each other. There's no need for it because the artists often like each other and support each other. 

One day she'll retire and you'll moan. I'm enjoying the music, her career and even her IG posts. At the end of the day it's about quality, and Britney brings it all the time so I'm happy :kesha:

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.pngrsz_bxwwlz0_1.pngrsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

7 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Her album and single sales are SOLID. Her Spotify numbers are doing BRILLIANT.

I Wanna agree but

MM hasnMt reached 100 million on Spotify

slumber party hasn’t even reached 30 million that’s horrible for someone like Britney

and her album not only lost the number 1 spot to Barbara and that band Idk about, but she barely sold more than Britney Jean, BARELY! Unless she decides to do something sbout it, it’s Not gonna grt better

@button @Pedro Dantas

I disagree with the comments in here about her meltdown only being for attention. It's clear Britney was not right in the head. I mean this is someone who became a global superstar at age 16, she never got to live a normal adolescence and she grew up with every little move under a microscope. She was teenager and teenagers makes mistakes.

After the breakup with JT was when she broke out of the shell and started to rebel. Finishing off the good girl image completely for In the Zone, the parties, the boys, etc. She was desperate to live out the life she couldn't while she was younger, but it just became too much to handle and she hit the wall after being scrutinized once again for being a mother. Literally everyone was rooting against her marriage and that freaking sucks man. Imagine people wishing ill on your love life like that. The whole thing about driving with Preston in her lap thing, that's what rednecks do. She's a redneck, she's country, those kids drive go-karts when they're not even 10 years old, look at Maddie's accident recently. That's just how those people live their lives.

Granted, she has done other things that warrant an eyebrow raise such as Adnan, the chicken grease on the dress, running the red lights, etc. but at that point, she needed an intervention and I'm glad Jamie stepped in. Britney realized her mistakes and said word for word on For the Record: "I'm a smart person, what the hell was I thinking?"

As for @Daredevil @jamesedward94, the meltdown needs to not be used as a crutch anymore. Britney is in a much better place now and the meltdown does not hinder her career anymore. The media does not drag her down the way it did in 2007, she was redeemed to the public in 2008, once the Circus era kicked off. Britney can still dance, she can still sing. The reason she chooses to not do either of those things to her full pointential, is because she lacks the passion and motivation now. She needs to find her muse again, and if she was able to release In the Zone (her best record) while under control from her label and team... then there's absolutely no reason as to why she can't do the same thing today. Stop chasing trends and do what you really want to do.

12 minutes ago, button said:

exactly. Britney made mistakes. So let's not act like she was a victim of the media obsession with her. leaving her kids at home to go stock up on red bull at 2am, driving with her kid on her lap, running red lights ect. those are all things u can't make up excuses for. if she hated the media attention then why was she sleeping and having *** with the paparazzi? britney has done a lot of questionable things, so let's not pretend she is a victim. :whitney:

don't care if my comments are similar to the haters', maybe they do because we both share something which is not having Rose stan glasses on so we're not obsessed with victimizing britney? :whitney:

I am not saying she is a victim only, but you are ignoring the facts. You admitted you have anxiety issues, so imagine you have ongoing year-long pressure on you. How do you know what you would act like? How do you know you won't start making mistakes and behave erratic as the result of the pressure and your illness?

I am not sure you are getting what a person with minor health issues can go through when having such media and worldwide pressure. All was negative about her since she started dating Kevin, so let's stop acting as all was her mistake and the media and people around just watched....

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@button @Pedro Dantas

I disagree with the comments in here about her meltdown only being for attention. It's clear Britney was not right in the head. I mean this is someone who became a global superstar at age 16, she never got to live a normal adolescence and she grew up with every little move under a microscope. She was teenager and teenagers makes mistakes.

After the breakup with JT was when she broke out of the shell and started to rebel. Finishing off the good girl image completely for In the Zone, the parties, the boys, etc. She was desperate to live out the life she couldn't while she was younger, but it just became too much to handle and she hit the wall after being scrutinized once again for being a mother. Literally everyone was rooting against her marriage and that freaking sucks man. Imagine people wishing ill on your love life like that. The whole thing about driving with Preston in her lap thing, that's what rednecks do. She's a redneck, she's country, those kids drive go-karts when they're not even 10 years old, look at Maddie's accident recently. That's just how those people live their lives.

Granted, she has done other things that warrant an eyebrow raise such as Adnan, the chicken grease on the dress, running the red lights, etc. but at that point, she needed an intervention and I'm glad Jamie stepped in. Britney realized her mistakes and said word for word on For the Record: "I'm a smart person, what the hell was I thinking?"

As for @Daredevil @jamesedward94, the meltdown needs to not be used as a crutch anymore. Britney is in a much better place now and the meltdown does not hinder her career anymore. The media does not drag her down the way it did in 2007, she was redeemed to the public in 2008, once the Circus era kicked off. Britney can still dance, she can still sing. The reason she chooses to not do either of those things to her full pointential, is because she lacks the passion and motivation now. She needs to find her muse again, and if she was able to release In the Zone (her best record) while under control from her label and team... then there's absolutely no reason as to why she can't do the same thing today. Stop chasing trends and do what you really want to do.

agreed 100 percent

Just one thing I am pointing out with the breakdown is that obviously it has changed her. Either mentally and personally or she just lost the passion and/or interest.

Britney was never the same as before the breakdown. Moreover during Circus she was somehow still Britney regarding the voice when she spoke and how she behaved, but soon after she changed as a whole.

12 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I'm not highlighting the negative, I'm highlighting the accuracy. Britney Spears does not need to be compared to today's contemporary acts because she is in a whole league above them. Why are you acting like a pop legend doing similar numbers to some noob is a good thing?

Her tour did amazing because it's Asia and she hasn't toured there since 2002. There's a demand. Are you honestly delusional enough to believe the same success would be repeated in the US during 2017? When she's debuting at #3 while her contemporaries score #1's?

I'm not telling Britney to leave her family behind. I'm telling Britney to stop giving such mediocre performances. She performs three nights a week WITH vacation. Yet she goes out there, looking disheveled by the end of the show, mismatched outfits, and waters down her choreography. Oh, and doesn't bother to sing one word live. Is that good to you? Britney can have her family and her career...

I don't want Britney to have Beyonce's career. I want Britney to actually care about her craft again. I'm sick of the interviews with the vague *** answers, it's like she has no idea. Where's the passion about your project? If I called an album "my baby", I want the whole world to hear that baby. Slumber Party received ZERO promotion. It makes me think it's still the Femme Fatale era and she's being forced to record **** she doesn't like... so what's the tea Britney, what do you really want to release so you can be proud of your work again?

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@button @Pedro Dantas

:urite: nailed it.

I think she doesn't really give a **** about album sales now because not only brings Vegas a lot of $$$, but she can also spend a lot of time with her children. Or get dat Persian D when they're not around. So it's ideal for her at the moment. For us as fans, of course, it's depressing to talk about album sales, because Britney does not rely on or give a **** about them :mattafact:

11 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

I am not saying she is a victim only, but you are ignoring the facts. You admitted you have anxiety issues, so imagine you have ongoing year-long pressure on you. How do you know what you would act like? How do you know you won't start making mistakes and behave erratic as the result of the pressure and your illness?

I am not sure you are getting what a person with minor health issues can go through when having such media and worldwide pressure. All was negative about her since she started dating Kevin, so let's stop acting as all was her mistake and the media and people around just watched....

u're mistaking me with @danny1994 sweetie. i never admitted to having anxiety issues in this thread. and Britney is not like regular people. she had the money and resources to seek help and solve her health issues. if they exist that is. to me she didn't have mental health issues, she was just acting like a brat and needed guidance which her father and family gave her later in 2008. and the major media pressure like i said came from her own actions. it was a lot during kevin/chaotic but was 10x more when she started behaving the way she did.

Archived