Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

56 minutes ago, button said:

britney has calmed down in terms of being attention seeking and controversial recently (major reason why her career has stalled lately) but like i said i'm talking to someone who believes Britney has never been attention seeking in her career and slams beyoncé for being an attention ***** as if britney never sought attention herself. don't know why i even bothered quoting him. i just remembered his answer last time was "Britney is just being ****, never attention seeking". :tiffcackle:

Oops, I meant to quote this post.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

Yes, but so does Beyoncé, and she still does it.  It's not a bad thing.  But Beyoncé is just as much of an attention seeker, if not more so nowadays.  I mean, it is really hard for me to believe that the whole Jay Z and Beyoncé cheating scandal didn't have anything to do with Beyoncé being an attention seeker.  We can see that Britney had attention seeking moments all throughout her marriage with Kevin but nothing to the extent of dragging on a cheating scandal from 15 years ago and use that as the basis of her most recent album.

never denied beyoncé doesn't seek attention though. in fact the post u just quoted implies beyoncé is an attention seeker as well. my point is that it is ridiculous of Cappycorn87 to call her out when britney has benefitted a lot from controversy, media attention ect.

as for the lemonade stuff, it's up for debate. i'm talking about blatant cases of attention seeking like Beyoncé revealing her baby bump at the VMAs and Britney going naked in Womanizer or her kiss with madonna.

3 minutes ago, button said:

never denied beyoncé doesn't seek attention though. in fact the post u just quoted implies beyoncé is an attention seeker as well. my point is that it is ridiculous of Cappycorn87 to call her out when britney has benefitted a lot from controversy, media attention ect.

as for the lemonade stuff, it's up for debate. i'm talking about blatant cases of attention seeking like Beyoncé revealing her baby bump at the VMAs and Britney going naked in Womanizer or her kiss with madonna.

I think maybe we are agreeing on the same thing then lol. 

Maybe I was confused because in the earlier post you said "beyoncé isn't half the attention ***** britney is." and we can see how that is not the case.  We can just say they are equally attention seeking and call it a day haha.  Nobody is more attention seeking than the other.  :) EVEN THOUGH within this past decade I think Beyoncé has done more controversial stuff than Britney.  In the 2000s that award goes to Britney though lol.

1 hour ago, I_Need_Me said:

When Britney was a "mediawhore" though, wouldn't you say that was when she was the most relevant with the GP? :whitney:  That is what artists do.  They love attention and crave the media because that is exactly what gets people to pay attention to them.

And the "healthy" amount of media is the exact reason she isn't doing well in the GP.  Nobody knows her anymore because she doesn't go out and promote anymore, only when she is forced to do so.

Beyoncé sings live WAY more than Britney ever has.  She never had to sing happy birthday to prove that either. :whitney:

You just contradicted yourself.  You said none of Beyoncé's music is game changing and yet you just said her self titled album was.  Which is it?  :calculating: 

People know who Britney is and always interested in what she doing 

Like I said  the way Beyonce released her self titled album was game changing, actual material not so much.

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

People know who Britney is and always interested in what she doing 

Like I said  the way Beyonce released her self titled album was game changing, actual material not so much.

Not anymore they don't.  People who weren't Britney fans during her prime still knew what was going on because she was EVERYWHERE.  Now?  People who aren't Britney fans don't even know she had released BJ or Glory.  Some don't even know she has had a residency in Vegas for the past 4 years.  Even some fans she had back in her prime now don't even follow her.

No matter what Beyoncé did, she changes things up, whether that be the way she releases her music and what type of music she puts out there.  That was the main point.  She keeps people interested by her controversy.  Britney doesn't.

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@button @Pedro Dantas

I disagree with the comments in here about her meltdown only being for attention. It's clear Britney was not right in the head. I mean this is someone who became a global superstar at age 16, she never got to live a normal adolescence and she grew up with every little move under a microscope. She was teenager and teenagers makes mistakes.

After the breakup with JT was when she broke out of the shell and started to rebel. Finishing off the good girl image completely for In the Zone, the parties, the boys, etc. She was desperate to live out the life she couldn't while she was younger, but it just became too much to handle and she hit the wall after being scrutinized once again for being a mother. Literally everyone was rooting against her marriage and that freaking sucks man. Imagine people wishing ill on your love life like that. The whole thing about driving with Preston in her lap thing, that's what rednecks do. She's a redneck, she's country, those kids drive go-karts when they're not even 10 years old, look at Maddie's accident recently. That's just how those people live their lives.

Granted, she has done other things that warrant an eyebrow raise such as Adnan, the chicken grease on the dress, running the red lights, etc. but at that point, she needed an intervention and I'm glad Jamie stepped in. Britney realized her mistakes and said word for word on For the Record: "I'm a smart person, what the hell was I thinking?"

As for @Daredevil @jamesedward94, the meltdown needs to not be used as a crutch anymore. Britney is in a much better place now and the meltdown does not hinder her career anymore. The media does not drag her down the way it did in 2007, she was redeemed to the public in 2008, once the Circus era kicked off. Britney can still dance, she can still sing. The reason she chooses to not do either of those things to her full pointential, is because she lacks the passion and motivation now. She needs to find her muse again, and if she was able to release In the Zone (her best record) while under control from her label and team... then there's absolutely no reason as to why she can't do the same thing today. Stop chasing trends and do what you really want to do.

But the sad thing is, a lot of people still immediately bring up the breakdown and the umbrella when speaking about her. A lot of the general public do not still listen to her and just thinks of her as still crazy. And people like Wendy Williams don't help since she brings that up every single time she talks about Britney. Even E! News when they do positive stories about her, they still act like she is kinda dumb. I think if she performed incredibly, released an amazing body of work that is unique and original, and promoted it like the old days she could do great again. But something happens every era that stops it from being great and it's very unfortunate.

Just now, jamesedward94 said:

But the sad thing is, a lot of people still immediately bring up the breakdown and the umbrella when speaking about her. A lot of the general public do not still listen to her and just thinks of her as still crazy. And people like Wendy Williams don't help since she brings that up every single time she talks about Britney. Even E! News when they do positive stories about her, they still act like she is kinda dumb. I think if she performed incredibly, released an amazing body of work that is unique and original, and promoted it like the old days she could do great again. But something happens every era that stops it from being great and it's very unfortunate.

Because honestly, you want to know the truth? The media feels so guilty by how terrible 2007 was that they keep bringing that up to remind everyone, "we can't say negative things about Britney anymore because we feel responsible in part for her public meltdown". What you said is exactly what she needs to do. In order to shake off this decade long image of pity, Britney needs to come out swinging with an album and era that's true to herself and can really get people talking.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because honestly, you want to know the truth? The media feels so guilty by how terrible 2007 was that they keep bringing that up to remind everyone, "we can't say negative things about Britney anymore because we feel responsible in part for her public meltdown". What you said is exactly what she needs to do. In order to shake off this decade long image of pity, Britney needs to come out swinging with an album and era that's true to herself and can really get people talking.

She is still one of the biggest pop artists of ALL TIME. If she truly wants to do well she can do it. She used to be above everyone, but now she's following trends. She's gotta be the trend! She's gotta get people talking. She's gotta get people who don't typically listen to her to take notice again. Everyone loves Baby. Everyone loves Toxic. She desperately needs another single that everyone will love. She has got to have her Ray of Light moment! I want it so bad for her!!!

9 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Sweetheart, why are you acting like Beyonce and JT suddenly popped up in 2003? They made their debut at the same time as Britney. I can compare them because it's a fact. You're clearly delusional.

I think youre being delusional trying to compare the trajectory of individulad solo careers at unfair/uneven time lengths. When JT and Beyonve were in their groups the idea of them as solo artists on the scene was non existent...Crazy In Love debuted the same time that Britney was making out with Madonna...and Beyonce, no matter how known from DC had to start fresh as a new brand then, JT too.

Their group success/time in DC and Nsync cant be considered towards their total time as a solo artist when comparing them to other pure solo artists timelines.

People have 5 less years to get sick of JT and Beyonce as solo branded artists compared to Britney. No matter how popular JT and Beyonce were popular within the confines of the groups from 1998 to 2003, they were still not solo artists putting out solo content like Britney, Christina, and anyone else.

They both have the benefit of restarting their personal brands with fresh starts and excitement in 2003, a point when Britney was already 5 years deep with the GP as a solo entitiy...do you see how its not the same, and its much easier to get sick of Britney first....

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I mean it's a reach though. She is heading towards Xtina department tbh

The hype for her is so little these days. 

Its not good and I don't think it's good to act like it isn't bad because now is such a crucial time for her career. 

Britney's career will NEVER be like Christina's. She has almost double the albums and hits and is WAY more iconic. She's been successful from day one while Christina has been dead for YEARS. At least Britney Jean had Work *****! It's been viewed 250 million times and has become popular with most people. And she's had Vegas for years and it's been very successful. Britney has and will always be most popular and more successful than Christina.

4 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

But it still did well. Gimme More and POM were global hits. How is underperform sand flop different? I thought they are the same thing.

Underperform would be a flop by her standards, Blackout didn't do as well as any of her other 4 albums at the time. Britney Jean would be a flop because it tanked by anyone's standards.

8 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

But it still did well. Gimme More and POM were global hits. How is underperform sand flop different? I thought they are the same thing.

Blackout was an underperformance, BJ was a flop. An underperformance is when an album still manages to get moderate sucess, but does not live up to it's commercial expectations (Rated R, ARTPOP, Blackout, 4). A flop is a flop (Bionic, Charmbracelet, Britney Jean, Lotus, Glory, etc.). And Blackout was an underperformance when compared to what other artists were doing: GGGB, Loose, B'Day, etc. Why did it underperform? No promo besides the VMAs and a radio interview, **** videos, rushed release, her image was a mess, etc. It wasn't a flop, but it was an underperformance.

5 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Blackout was an underperformance, BJ was a flop. An underperformance is when an album still manages to get moderate sucess, but does not live up to it's commercial expectations (Rated R, ARTPOP, Blackout, 4). A flop is a flop (Bionic, Charmbracelet, Britney Jean, Lotus, Glory, etc.). And Blackout was an underperformance when compared to what other artists were doing: GGGB, Loose, B'Day, etc. Why did it underperform? No promo besides the VMAs and a radio interview, **** videos, rushed release, her image was a mess, etc. It wasn't a flop, but it was an underperformance.

You guys really teach me so much stuff :cutesybrit: I didn't know Rated R underperformed.

3 hours ago, I_Need_Me said:

Not anymore they don't.  People who weren't Britney fans during her prime still knew what was going on because she was EVERYWHERE.  Now?  People who aren't Britney fans don't even know she had released BJ or Glory.  Some don't even know she has had a residency in Vegas for the past 4 years.  Even some fans she had back in her prime now don't even follow her.

No matter what Beyoncé did, she changes things up, whether that be the way she releases her music and what type of music she puts out there.  That was the main point.  She keeps people interested by her controversy.  Britney doesn't.

Everything good on Britney end

All the buzz around the rumors of her doing Superbowl last month says otherwise about you saying nobody being interested.  There were more current names being thrown with less buzz.

Anybody who travels to Vegas, which is A lot, knows about her show whether they go or not.

Archived