Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's great but it didn't peak higher than it's debut on the Hot 100, where as Lemonade shot back to #1 on iTunes that weekend. Meanwhile Glory did not gain a boost from the VMA performance on the BB 200 which is more important than a single, and it didn't maintain it's #1 position on iTunes either. The song then dropped the following week on the Hot 100 because there was nothing else going to keep it afloat. Radio dropped the song because there was no requests for it. RCA even sent out and payola'd the studio mix of the VMA performance to rack up interest but people were not here for it. Understand that VMA performance did the least amount of work it could have done.

Radio is rigged

People were buying the song as we seen by the success  on itunes

Radio does lie but sales tells the truth

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's great but it didn't peak higher than it's debut on the Hot 100, where as Lemonade shot back to #1 on iTunes that weekend. Meanwhile Glory did not gain a boost from the VMA performance on the BB 200 which is more important than a single, and it didn't maintain it's #1 position on iTunes either. The song then dropped the following week on the Hot 100 because there was nothing else going to keep it afloat. Radio dropped the song because there was no requests for it. RCA even sent out and payola'd the studio mix of the VMA performance to rack up interest but people were not here for it. Understand that VMA performance did the least amount of work it could have done.

The VMA performance did alot of work since it was big exposure for the song

It helped stabalize the sales at that point

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Radio is rigged

People were buying the song as we seen by the success  on itunes

Radio does lie but sales tells the truth

The GP is fickle and one average VMA performance will not keep the song afloat for much longer than that week. You act as if she went out there and brought MJ back to life from his grave, the performance wasn't a big enough deal to keep the interest going / create publicity for Glory. Why didn't RCA request a radio deal then, why so cheap? Why not push Britney to keep promoting the song?

18 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The GP is fickle and one average VMA performance will not keep the song afloat for much longer than that week. You act as if she went out there and brought MJ back to life from his grave, the performance wasn't a big enough deal to keep the interest going / create publicity for Glory. Why didn't RCA request a radio deal then, why so cheap? Why not push Britney to keep promoting the song?

Like i said, radio dropping it as sales had stabalize did the song in

7 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Like i said, radio dropping it as sales had stabalize did the song in

That isn't radio's fault. Radio isn't there to say "aw, she performed, let's play her song". If there's no demand and the label isn't paying to play it, why keep the song on their playlist? It's a waste of space.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
8 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I'm tryinggggggg. I can't help it!

:tiffsniffle:

We need to accept it, it's hard, but we've all been there. If it makes you feel any better, she could be outselling them if she really wanted.

1 hour ago, Crayboy said:

I don’t really believe the «Britney was the one tipping them off» part, unless I misread something, wasn’t it Sam? although not blaming Britney is problematic aswell since she chose to do certain things

Yeah the article says it was Sam, I mean there is no definite proof (that I could find) but it wouldn't shock me if she was since her behaviour was erratic & she did have a weird relationship with the paps back then

24 minutes ago, The Holy Spearit said:

Why are you guys obsessed with diminishing other people's success to excuse Britney's mediocre success lately? It's embarrassing. Britney is flopping since 2013. Deal with it. 

Agreed.  :angietea:

I feel like a lot of Britney stans are trying to justify her not doing well anymore by comparing her to other people ONLY because they are stans so they will support her no matter what.  That doesn't change the fact that Britney has not been promoting her songs well, dancing her *** off, and doing well on the charts like she used to.  She doesn't do any of that anymore.  Compare that to Beyoncé (even though I am not a huge fan of hers and sometimes she bugs me) but I can't deny that she is successful because she WORKS HARD.  Her Lemonade album was controversial to some, but do you see how successful that album is compared to Glory?  It makes no difference that we like Britney and don't like Beyoncé or other artists.  The point is, we can't be delusional about how Britney is doing right now.

4 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

I feel like a lot of Britney stans are trying to justify her not doing well anymore by comparing her to other people ONLY because they are stans so they will support her no matter what.  That doesn't change the fact that Britney has not been promoting her songs well, dancing her *** off, and doing well on the charts like she used to.  She doesn't do any of that anymore.  Compare that to Beyoncé (even though I am not a huge fan of hers and sometimes she bugs me) but I can't deny that she is successful because she WORKS HARD.  Her Lemonade album was controversial to some, but do you see how successful that album is compared to Glory?  It makes no difference that we like Britney and don't like Beyoncé or other artists.  The point is, we can't be delusional about how Britney is doing right now.

I don't understand what's so hard to grasp tbh. I used to think this way too but I realized it was foolish. My non pop culture interested friends wouldn't even know about Glory had it not been playing in my car... :mattafact:

2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

As with most of Britney singles in the digital sale era, you see that people are checking for the music

well now it's the streaming era. all of the songs radio plays are songs which are performing well on Spotify. so again:

3 minutes ago, button said:

Make Me was performing like **** on Spotify anyways, why would radio play it? :whitney:

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't understand what's so hard to grasp tbh. I used to think this way too but I realized it was foolish. My non pop culture interested friends wouldn't even know about Glory had it not been playing in my car... :mattafact:

Yup.  I had to throw away my old delusions about Britney. :rihit: I have been reborn; I have seen the light. :scalped:

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Then why hasn't she had a Top 10 for the past two albums when she had multiple Top 10s from 2008-2012? :whitney:

Work ***** debut at #12 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was not great but digital sales was good

Make Me debut at #17 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was good at first and they evetually dropped it, but the sales was very good

The songs did not get into the top 10 but they got in the top 20 which is impressive

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Work ***** debut at #12 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was not great but digital sales was good

Make Me debut at #17 on the hot 100

Radio airplay was good at first and they evetually dropped it, but the sales was very good

The songs did not get into the top 10 but they got in the top 20 which is impressive

good digital sales for a week***

u have yet to answer me :whitney:

6 minutes ago, button said:

well now it's the streaming era. all of the songs radio plays are songs which are performing well on Spotify. so again:

9 minutes ago, button said:

Make Me was performing like **** on Spotify anyways, why would radio play it? :whitney:

Archived