Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not first week sales that are even that important. Although we're dwindling, Britney still has a very large organic fan base who will buy and stream when new music comes out.

However, after this initial burst she literally plummets, and has been for years. She has zero longevity because the GP have no interest in her music or are unaware it's out there. She has pretty much zero casual puchasing interest.

The fact that there are years old albums and songs in the charts and Britney's work falls off after a month is terrible. She needs to make music and deliver performances that connect with people.

Am I the only one that doesn't care about chart/sales? I used to be but it made the new eras not as fun. We can all crunch numbers all day/ blame lack of promo/ blame the she lost her "fire" but the fact is she won't be as popular as she once was. I'm totally fine with that and I'm pretty sure she is as well. What else does she have left to accomplish? She's done it all and at a very young age. Oops held the record for highest selling female debut for 15 years. Why can't this fan base just relax and enjoy the music? 

9 minutes ago, comiir85 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't care about chart/sales? I used to be but it made the new eras not as fun. We can all crunch numbers all day/ blame lack of promo/ blame the she lost her "fire" but the fact is she won't be as popular as she once was. I'm totally fine with that and I'm pretty sure she is as well. What else does she have left to accomplish? She's done it all and at a very young age. Oops held the record for highest selling female debut for 15 years. Why can't this fan base just relax and enjoy the music? 

if britney doesn't sell you won't be able to "relax and enjoy the music" :whitney: also she has not done it all, she is yet to be inducted  into the hall of fame, yet to win the title "queen of pop", yet to win a uk no.1 album need I go on? :whitney:

this thread topic is ****, britney is doing terrible and comparing to artists that have already peaked doesn't make her look any better 

5 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

if britney doesn't sell you won't be able to "relax and enjoy the music" :whitney: also she has not done it all, she is yet to be inducted  into the hall of fame, yet to win the title "queen of pop", yet to win a uk no.1 album need I go on? :whitney:

But she has nothing left to prove according to the savvy minds here, Shadow.

:tiffcackle:

"She has nothing left to prove" is honestly one of the dumbest things this fanbase can say about Britney. That mentality is what made her a has been nostalgia act. MJ was still giving everything he had until he died. Madonna is still going at it, refusing to do Vegas residencies or greatest hits tours. That fact that she's being outsold by Madonna (someone who has been around since the 80s) is pathetic.

Just now, fucknfurter said:

But she has nothing left to prove according to the savvy minds here, Shadow.

:tiffcackle:

Its such a stupid excuse that they make to allow her to perform terribly. It shocks me how much a fanbase is happy to let their fave flop, utterly mind blowing :tiffcackle:

4 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Its such a stupid excuse that they make to allow her to perform terribly. It shocks me how much a fanbase is happy to let their fave flop, utterly mind blowing :tiffcackle:

We could’ve lost her in 2007, be thankful she’s still alive :tiffcackle:

Be happy with what we have now :tiffcackle:

Just now, danny1994 said:

I WAS THIS CLOSE TO SAYING THIS TO SHADOW IN REPLY, THE 2007 THING. :gloria: I've been seeing that one pop up a lot lately.

6 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Britney doing fine. :tiffcackle:

6 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

@ShowdownITZ

Beyoncé and JT never had a breakdown. People look at Britney differently now. She's been at a huge disadvantage. She would easily be beating them if the breakdown never happened, but I think for her to still be selling albums and even selling very well with a mini world tour is great. Yes, I wish she was selling more but I think she is doing fine for everything she's been through! Barbara will always sell more bc she's Barbara and FGL are the biggest duo in country music so I can understand both of them selling more. Britney does not care near as much about her career anymore and I think if she did she would make the effort to promote more and give much better performances and would sell a lot more. But maybe she'll make another big comeback soon, who knows!

IMO the mistake was not the breakdown itself. Britney should not have made a comeback when she was not ready for it at all. Circus was released way too soon and FF as well, meanwhile she stood still during her performances.

People are not stupid and they could have seen the "breakdown" changed her and she is not talented and/or interesting anymore. If Britney waited until she was ready and back on track, she could outsell Beyonce with no problem..

She had a breakdown which many others not in the public eye have had so that gives her a pass to half *** her "work" :tiffcackle: 

Yet if you did that in an actual workplace you would get fired :tiffcackle:

6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

She’s had two #1 albums since her breakdown, that’s not a great excuse. And Blackout could’ve went #1 if they didn’t change the Bilboard rules.

Truth is, Britney Jean and Glory flopped because the gp doesn’t take Britney seriously as a performer anymore and they really weren’t great albums. Glory was better, but the damage was done with BJ.

I don't agree. BJ did not damage anything. No one actually knew she released something because people stopped caring long before.

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

She had a breakdown which many others not in the public eye have had so that gives her a pass to half *** her "work" :tiffcackle: 

Yet if you did that in an actual workplace you would get fired :tiffcackle:

Everyone has shitty days and personal issues and feels like calling out of work, but that’s not how the real world works :tiffcackle:

Guest $elfish
6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Truth is, Britney Jean and Glory flopped because the gp doesn’t take Britney seriously as a performer anymore 

if that is the case  how did femme fatale not  flop:plzexplain:

people already  knew she couldn't dance or perform anymore because of the circus tour:jolieoverit:

the actual reason why glory flopped is that they released weak songs as singles and they both failed to attract the GP they also had minimal promo 

BJ flopped because they did 0 promo no major  performances or anything 

@ShowdownITZ

Beyoncé and JT never had a breakdown. People look at Britney differently now. She's been at a huge disadvantage. She would easily be beating them if the breakdown never happened, but I think for her to still be selling albums and even selling very well with a mini world tour is great. Yes, I wish she was selling more but I think she is doing fine for everything she's been through! Barbara will always sell more bc she's Barbara and FGL are the biggest duo in country music so I can understand both of them selling more. Britney does not care near as much about her career anymore and I think if she did she would make the effort to promote more and give much better performances and would sell a lot more. But maybe she'll make another big comeback soon, who knows!

bullshit. everyone gave britney a second chance after her breakdown, hence why Circus was successful and femme fatale was semi-successful.

She's the one who blew her chance away by being lazy and not hard working.

Everyone has shitty days and personal issues and feels like calling out of work, but that’s not how the real world works :tiffcackle:

britney will never understand how real life works when she is set up for life, I mean good for her I wish I could say the same but don't insult the people who actually have to work to get what they want 

@ShowdownITZ

Barbra is 6 decades into her career and that country band peaked half a decade ago. they blocked britney while on a sharp decline.

do u still understand how they outsold britney now? :tiffcackle:

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Yeah, she's worn way too mini of those short, tight dresses. And the makeup has been off countless times. It would be so easy to have her looking perfect all the time. She needs more natural makeup, less raccoon eyes, and darker eyebrows. But Britney hates being touched and she just decides to do it herself most of the time, and when she does use someone, they aren't the best. When it's done correctly she looks amazing.

It all definitely plays a part in her success.

yes and let's not forget how she looked during Xfactor.

Archived