1 hour ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I genuinely can't hear Britney on Work ***** and never have. The fact she's performed it for years is hilarious to me more than anything. It's like Milli Vanilli on speed. 

Britney's nose job really messed things up for the Britney Jean recordings tbh. 

tbh I always wondered why she sounds so much higher on Glory, I think the nosejob might lowkey be the explanation

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Alexa James said:

I checked on YouTube and some fans have tried to identify Myah and Britney’s vocals on each song of the album. Many are claiming that Myah sang all of Work B...., Till it’s gone, Body Ache, and Chilling with you. 

I’m sorry that’s hard to believe especially with work b.... If I were Myah, I’d be incredibly upset if a hit song that I recorded was being marketed as a Britney song and that she was making potentially millions off of my voice. 

Myah has repeatedly refused to take full credit for her involvement in the album. She acknowledges that she provided background vocals and wrote some songs but maintains that the album is all Britney. Why would she make that up? Myah could have easily spilled the beans if she was the main vocalist. Do you know how famous she could have been if she recorded Work b... and released it with her name on it? I don’t think she would be willing to give that up if she was the lead vocalist.

Yes, body ache seems to feature myah’s voice more than Britney. I do believe that you can hear her background vocals in passenger and possibly till it’s gone. 

If you want my personal opinion, after listening over and over and over to this album, trying to find where there might be Myah or mostly Myah or no Myah, I can honestly and sadly say that I think "Work, *****!" is totally 100% Myah. Anytime Britney has done a British voice, it is much deeper (e.g. "Scream & Shout").

I also think that terrible "Chillin' Wit U" song was zero Britney, but not even the voice of the Princess of Pop could save that track from being a full tragedy. I have had that song unchecked in my iTunes library since the day I got Britney Jean :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

"'Til It's Gone" and "Body Ache" sound like they're a mix of Britney and Myah, almost as if they used Myah's stems for some verses and didn't bother using Britney's (...or didn't even have her sing them).
I definitely think this is the case with "Passenger", because Britney DID sing the entire second verse in a demo version—the acoustic version, with Sia—so why will.i.am decided to use Myah's stems for the last lines ("My copilot... / ...enjoy the ride") is beyond me. RIP his career! :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

I reiterate, years later: I do not think that Britney willingly knew that Myah was taking over as main vocalist in some of these tracks. I honestly believe that Britney recorded them all, but will.i.am just used Myah's stems to replace them later on. I also know that Britney Jean is the only album that Britney did not listen through from start to finish before approving the final copy (due to prep for the Piece of Me residency).

But again, the production of the album is so poorly done, that this really could just be terrible mixing. The conspiracy lives on!

19 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I genuinely can't hear Britney on Work ***** and never have. The fact she's performed it for years is hilarious to me more than anything. It's like Milli Vanilli on speed. 

Britney's nose job really messed things up for the Britney Jean recordings tbh. 

3:25 and onward is Britney, though.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:37 AM, vnisverx said:

If you want my personal opinion, after listening over and over and over to this album, trying to find where there might be Myah or mostly Myah or no Myah, I can honestly and sadly say that I think "Work, *****!" is totally 100% Myah. Anytime Britney has done a British voice, it is much deeper (e.g. "Scream & Shout").

I also think that terrible "Chillin' Wit U" song was zero Britney, but not even the voice of the Princess of Pop could save that track from being a full tragedy. I have had that song unchecked in my iTunes library since the day I got Britney Jean :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

"'Til It's Gone" and "Body Ache" sound like they're a mix of Britney and Myah, almost as if they used Myah's stems for some verses and didn't bother using Britney's (...or didn't even have her sing them).
I definitely think this is the case with "Passenger", because Britney DID sing the entire second verse in a demo version—the acoustic version, with Sia—so why will.i.am decided to use Myah's stems for the last lines ("My copilot... / ...enjoy the ride") is beyond me. RIP his career! :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

I reiterate, years later: I do not think that Britney willingly knew that Myah was taking over as main vocalist in some of these tracks. I honestly believe that Britney recorded them all, but will.i.am just used Myah's stems to replace them later on. I also know that Britney Jean is the only album that Britney did not listen through from start to finish before approving the final copy (due to prep for the Piece of Me residency).

But again, the production of the album is so poorly done, that this really could just be terrible mixing. The conspiracy lives on!

Yes, body ache and till it’s gone are definitely a mix of both Britney and Myah’s vocals. I have listened to them over and over again. I can definitely sense Britney’s presence throughout the song and hear some of her true vocals.  Also, I believe the stems for body ache with Myah’s vocals are on SoundCloud. Myah’s vocals are definitely there but they sound different than the finished product. There are some gaps in the stems and I’m guessing that is where Britney’s voice was used. 

Myah confirmed this in a podcast this past January. She maintained that Britney wrote and recorded the “breathe heavy...you make my body ache” portion. Myah also said that she recorded a demo of the song after she wrote it and sent it to Britney’s record label. She emphasized that she had no control over how they used the recording. 

On 3/29/2021 at 12:45 AM, danny1994 said:

I think it's pretty obvious Britney had barely any creative control and her team rushed the album because of the residency. Glad she was able to regain some control on Glory.

It’s clear that Britney listened to the feedback from fans because Glory was 100% her vocals. I believe she even took vocal lessons when she was recording the album. I do think that the label rushed the production of the album. She started recording songs for it barely 6 months before it’s release date. However, Britney had a lot more time to work on Glory. I believe she spent 3 years on that album and used songs that were originally intended for the Britney Jean album. 

I think it’s great that she refused to let the label rely on background vocalists for Glory. If that album is going to be her last, then it’s a great way to establish closure on a long-lasting career. 

In-between eras, myahs dad went to Twitter and ranted how his daughter sang almost all of britneys album.

At the time most of us thought ff. Turned out it was BJ lmao. He got dragged and myah stepped in and denied it all. 

It was a weird time for us all. Luckily, we got wb and perfume from that mess.

10 hours ago, Alexa James said:

Yes, body ache and till it’s gone are definitely a mix of both Britney and Myah’s vocals. I have listened to them over and over again. I can definitely sense Britney’s presence throughout the song and hear some of her true vocals.  Also, I believe the stems for body ache with Myah’s vocals are on SoundCloud. Myah’s vocals are definitely there but they sound different than the finished product. There are some gaps in the stems and I’m guessing that is where Britney’s voice was used. 

Myah confirmed this in a podcast this past January. She maintained that Britney wrote and recorded the “breathe heavy...you make my body ache” portion. Myah also said that she recorded a demo of the song after she wrote it and sent it to Britney’s record label. She emphasized that she had no control over how they used the recording. 

Can you link the podcast here, please? I'd love to listen to what Myah said!

Archived