Let's be honest, even if Myah did sing what she sang it wasn't Britney's fault at all, it was Will.I.Am's. The stems of ''Passanger'' (that include the ride note) literally exist with Britney's voice and the same for the chorus of ''Brightest Morning Star'' and personally, they sound great, so what is the truth and why the **** does this have literally 36 pages? 

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I just checked, and Christina Milian was credited for background vocals (just like Myah Marie on BJ).

Below are comments I've come across. alberach and Jacob Diaz may actually be right. It is quite simple to have two (or more) vocal tracks (waveforms) from two different vocalists singing the exact same words and melody play at once. The producer/engineer may wanna make sure words from each track are properly tuned and aligned. One track may also be louder than the other, effects may be added, and it may make it sound like one voice.

Spice Up Your Life by the Spice Girls is the best example. The verses are supposedly sung by all the girls (layered vocals), but all I hear is Geri. Geri's voice is predominant, but it doesn't mean the other girls' aren't there! Same thing when it comes to those J-Lo and Britney Jean tracks. It's basically blended vocals.

More like like lead vocals
Um no. The lead vocals are JLo. Singing the chorus along with someone else does not make you the lead singer.

J.Lo literally only sings for about 38secs on this song. I'm not including the random vocal drops and the profanity she spews at the DJ because that's not real vocal skill. After that Christina Milian is singing everything else.

JLo sings the majority of the song, not "literally only for about 38 seconds". Milian meanwhile ONLY sings the chorus, which JLo actually does sing along with her.

J.lo had the rights to get right. She rightfully got the song from Usher...usher was just petty that it became a hit for her and not him and regretted giving it to her. Learn the facts. Also, Mariah is bitter and simply made up those rumors about J.lo stealing music from her. The song she says J.lo stole from her, sounds nothing like her actual one. And you're wrong about Jenny From The Block. J.lo sang the majority of the song and ramos sang background and sang the chorus behind J.lo.

This is starting to go around in circles and you're missing the point everytime.

so I'm literally gonna break it down as simply as possible:

J-Lo - Ain't it Funny - She sings the adlibs in the chorus in a call and response style. Background vocalist credited. Jlo's voice is in the chorus. 

J-Lo - Play - J-Lo's voice isn't the lead vocal and is barely audible in the chorus (until she says the words play my, which are spoken). Backing singer is credited. Jlo is credited. dishonest? kinda, its not j-lo's voice in the chorus, until the spoken part. 

Spice Girls - As much as Gerry's voice might be louder than the rest (which, personally, I don't hear because I hear Scary Spice's voice), they're the voices of the artists: regardless of who has the loudest vocal: they are all singing, its all their voices. There's vocal harmonies. 

Britney Jean tracks, from the credits of the book alone, can't find a consistent way of mentioning Myah. On certain tracks, she's a backing vocalist, on others she's additional vocals and on the worst culprit on the album, Body Ache, they decided to leave out the backing vocal credits completely. 

Vocal layering is done to make a voice sound fuller, or make vocals sound fuller and richer, but for chunks of the album, Britney's vocal isn't just kinda hidden by backing vocals (I mean, Femme Fatale's vocals are an example of that happening, or Tom's Diner) and getting a tad lost: they're not there, but the vocals of a ''backing'' singer, who can't be given correct and cohesive credits throughout are......and aren't just singing harmonies in the odd chorus.....but replacing most chorus, lines in verses, bridges, and outros. 

Youtube comments don't prove anything. As much as they want to pretend that ''singing something with someone else doesn't make you the lead singer'', when the vocals are used to completely overpower OR replace the album's artist, and can't be given an actual title....it does.

3 hours ago, Lucky's ***** said:

Let's be honest, even if Myah did sing what she sang it wasn't Britney's fault at all, it was Will.I.Am's. The stems of ''Passanger'' (that include the ride note) literally exist with Britney's voice and the same for the chorus of ''Brightest Morning Star'' and personally, they sound great, so what is the truth and why the **** does this have literally 36 pages? 

To a degree. Britney detatched herself from the album and era once Will.I.Am came along (no performances, no recording footage, the doc being all about vegas, not having anything new to say), and doesn't control her brand (conservatorship), but she was well aware of what was happening. I mean, she could've recorded more vocal takes that could've been used.

Either Will.I.Am and Anthony Preston had too little to work with, so they used Myah OR they were fully aware of what they were doing, by choosing Myah vocals over Britney. 

Either way, no one was completely innocent. I doubt Britney didn't recognize that it wasn't her voice for a huge chunk of the album, or her voice was barely there. 

also, the stems for Passenger and Brightest morning star are nice, and I agree they should've been used,  you can hear they how frail or out of use her voice sounded in them at times compared to Circus or Femme Fatale, especially on BMS.  She had no support or breath control......(but somehow could belt? I wish this thread would get locked tbh.) 

3 hours ago, Lucky's ***** said:

But Britney's the artist. It is her fault, her name is what's on that album cover.

Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Spice Girls - As much as Gerry's voice might be louder than the rest (which, personally, I don't hear because I hear Scary Spice's voice), they're the voices of the artists: regardless of who has the loudest vocal: they are all singing, its all their voices. There's vocal harmonies. 

I made it clear that I was solely referring to the verses: "When you're feelin' sad and low, we will take you where you gotta go. Smilin', dancin', everything is free. All you need is positivity." and "Yellow man in Timbuktu. Colour for both me and you. Kung fu fighting. Dancing queen. Tribal spaceman and all that's in between."

All the girls are supposedly singing, but I only hear Geri (Ginger Spice); it's her timber, and I recognize it. If all the girls are in the verses (so I was told and that's how they've always performed it live), then it proves my point. It's all blended vocals, as I've explained. Unless you were in the recording studio, at the computer and the console, you can't ever tell for sure that Britney's completely absent on as many parts of the record as you imply.

Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Listen to the verses (lyrics in the post above), and tell me what you hear exactly. I only hear Geri's voice in those verses, so it shows you how vocal layering may make vocals from more than one singer sound like one. I'm not referring to the pre-choruses (which are sung by Scary and Sporty).

Here are solo recordings of Geri Halliwell, and you'll see how her timber matches the verses. Her voice is more nasal sounding than Scary's.

Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, Stifler's Mom said:

sorry, but once that Myah is having more space vocally on most of the songs, the argument here is over. Britney Jean is not Britney, and thank god it's not.

still beyond me how her label had the audacity to release something like this.

"more space vocally on most of the songs" = greatly exaggerated claim

The problem @vnisverx and I (as well as others) have w/ this theory is the exaggeration of the claim.

4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I made it clear that I was solely referring to the verses: "When you're feelin' sad and low, we will take you where you gotta go. Smilin', dancin', everything is free. All you need is positivity." and "Yellow man in Timbuktu. Colour for both me and you. Kung fu fighting. Dancing queen. Tribal spaceman and all that's in between."

All the girls are supposedly singing, but I only hear Geri (Ginger Spice); it's her timber, and I recognize it. If all the girls are in the verses (so I was told and that's how they've always performed it live), then it proves my point. It's all blended vocals, as I've explained. Unless you were in the recording studio, at the computer and the console, you can't ever tell for sure that Britney's completely absent on as many parts of the record as you imply.

As was I. I hear Scary Spice more so than Geri. She has a smoother, less harsh sound voice. 

All the girls ARE singing though. Not supposedly. They are singing. 

As much as we want to debate blended vocals (because we both think there are two stronger vocals) we can hear the voices, and if we listen harder you can hear the other three (at most, the hardest to hear is Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice. Can I hear Geri's voice? Yes, do i think it is the strongest on the track? not really, no stronger than the others, but more ears have always focused in on Scary more so.

Why is it that we can't do this on Britney Jean? We aren't hearing layered vocals, we're hearing one vocal, and that's divided opinions. Britney Jean tracks have a lot of effects, but a lot of them go for the gradual building up of vocals (a lead, a backing, more backing, full chorus), and the majority of fans are saying the lead vocal (on its own) isn't Britney's. The only time vocal layering and blending come into play is on BMS, where Britney DOES have a falsetto line in the chorus.....but its not audible, and they chose Myah's identical vocal line as the lead, a Myah vocal line (sung an octave lower) as a second lead/stronger backing vocal, and then a choir of producers, writers, etc....

...but then the voice we hear during the chorus....sings the post chorus.

Tell me honestly, do you hear this next vocal on the main track? 

Britney isn't on the lead vocal track. Myah is, but producer (Anthony Preston) decided to use Myah's voice over Britney's. We can argue that ''oh its just blended vocals'' but thats on the album release that second link (2:50) isn't the lead vocal and that voice sings the post chorus.....and that's on a song that we have proof Britney wrote.

I can tell you, Britney is completely absent on many parts of the album. We have the proof. You don't. We've all posted it. You've posted youtube comments from Jlo videos.  

can you explain the writing credits? the inconsistencies? the lack of credits but sudden appearance of credits on other websites controlled by the person? the mysterious international changes?

4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

The problem @vnisverx and I (as well as others) have w/ this theory is the exaggeration of the claim.

Its not a ''greatly exaggerated claim'', fans hear Myah more than they hear Britney. That's the be all and end all.

Can you give us links and videos of Britney singing like the lead vocal at any other point in her career? 

The problem is you're in the minority and can't stand being wrong, but can't give proof to back up your claims, other than ''demos'' which are made up of the background vocal stems, Youtube comments etc.

You can try and come up half arsed excuses, but when it comes down to it, we have the stems, we have the credits, we have the writers own words. etc. and everything adds up, you have nothing.

Guest Arckangel
37 minutes ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

21:35 she looks so guilty and looks embarrassed because she knows the vocals on Passenger aren't hers and I think even Ryan knows they aren't because he asks Will about Passenger more so. 

That's a reach 'cause she could have been thinking about anything. It's not unusual for that to happen in interviews (a suddenly more serious or uneasy look). Her words about Passenger were genuinely positive, and the clip of Passenger they played is not the oh so debated bit.

Guest Arckangel
7 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

As was I. I hear Scary Spice more so than Geri. She has a smoother, less harsh sound voice. 

As much as we want to debate blended vocals (because we both think there are two stronger vocals) we can hear the voices, and if we listen harder you can hear the other three (at most, the hardest to hear is Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice. Can I hear Geri's voice? Yes, do i think it is the strongest on the track? not really, no stronger than the others, but more ears have always focused in on Scary more so.

Why is it that we can't do this on Britney Jean? We aren't hearing layered vocals, we're hearing one vocal, and that's divided opinions. Britney Jean tracks have a lot of effects, but a lot of them go for the gradual building up of vocals (a lead, a backing, more backing, full chorus), and the majority of fans are saying the lead vocal (on its own) isn't Britney's. The only time vocal layering and blending come into play is on BMS, where Britney DOES have a falsetto line in the chorus.....but its not audible, and they chose Myah's identical vocal line as the lead, a Myah vocal line (sung an octave lower) as a second lead/stronger backing vocal, and then a choir of producers, writers, etc....

...but then the voice we hear during the chorus....sings the post chorus.

Tell me honestly, do you hear this next vocal on the main track? 

Britney isn't on the lead vocal track. Myah is, but producer (Anthony Preston) decided to use Myah's voice over Britney's. We can argue that ''oh its just blended vocals'' but thats on the album release that second link (2:50) isn't the lead vocal and that voice sings the post chorus.....and that's on a song that we have proof Britney wrote.

I can tell you, Britney is completely absent on many parts of the album. We have the proof. You don't. We've all posted it. You've posted youtube comments from Jlo videos.  

can you explain the writing credits? the inconsistencies? the lack of credits but sudden appearance of credits on other websites controlled by the person? the mysterious international changes?

I've just listened and compared to the final Britney Jean version. The final mix is just built differently. The exact same chorus is heard twice, and the last one has overlapping vocals (definitely Britney's), and the song end w/ the line: "You are the light of my beautiful life." played twice. You can tell some vocals heard in the acoustic mix you've posted were left off. That's all! It all sounds like Brit to me (w/ backup singers).

Guest Arckangel
7 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

In the pre-choruses, Scary sings (and that's how it's performed live): "Colours of the world... Every boy and every girl... People of the world..."

That timbre is different than the main one (Geri's) heard in the preceding verses. It's more obvious in the recordings below. Listening to the separated vocals, I realize Geri's voice dominates the verses, followed by Emma's.

A short compilation of separated vocals: https://www.dropbox.com/s/54iumtp1uiasg5v/preview4.mp3?dl=0

Each girl separately on her own track: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6hgIZ5T1ANaWlhoMGphbDJZNlk&export=download

There's also this remix:

Pertinent comments:

Re: Spice up your life - Separated voices

Postby ilovepollo » 27 Jun 2017, 20:39

We were living a lie. We thought the 5 Girls sang together, and we have discovered it was only Geri and Emma! 

by Javi » 27 Jun 2017, 20:06

So it seems that the verses + chorus are basically Geri+Emma, not all of them. I guess the only real group parts are the "lalalas" and "Spice Up Your Life! aaahhh".

It's also curious how Geri's audio sounds the most like the group version. I had never noticed how heavy Geri-driven the song is. The fact that her track is more echoed makes it sound as if there were more vocals involved in the final mix.

17 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But Britney's the artist. It is her fault, her name is what's on that album cover.

Britney's the artist, yes. Is anything 100% her 'fault' though? She's locked in the chains of a conservatorship, and a record label, and a marketing team, and a group of people who take charge in an album. She's not an indie artist who owns her own label.

12 hours ago, Arckangel said:

THANK YOU. I think everybody needs to click on Page 1, scroll to the top, and reread my initial post.

8 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Its not a ''greatly exaggerated claim'', fans hear Myah more than they hear Britney. That's the be all and end all.

Can you give us links and videos of Britney singing like the lead vocal at any other point in her career? 

The problem is you're in the minority and can't stand being wrong, but can't give proof to back up your claims, other than ''demos'' which are made up of the background vocal stems, Youtube comments etc.

You can try and come up half arsed excuses, but when it comes down to it, we have the stems, we have the credits, we have the writers own words. etc. and everything adds up, you have nothing.

That's not the "be all and end all". Ears aren't good enough. And your stems and other 'proof' is not solid enough. THAT is my argument. THAT is why I started this thread. I'm looking for SOLID PROOF, not BS videos from fans on YouTube who still think that Original Doll is a secret album locked in the vaults of Jive Records :triggered:

1 hour ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

21:35 she looks so guilty and looks embarrassed because she knows the vocals on Passenger aren't hers and I think even Ryan knows they aren't because he asks Will about Passenger more so. 

"She looks so guilty and embarrassed"...is this the first Britney interview you've ever seen? Homegirl looks guilty and embarrassed on stage. It's Britney. This is her character and part of why we love her so much. Please don't even start with cheap reaches like this, it's already so tired. Ryan Seacrest don't know **** about this. And isn't this the interview where Britney basically realizes that Ryan isn't gay? LOLLLLL

10 minutes ago, vnisverx said:

Britney's the artist, yes. Is anything 100% her 'fault' though? She's locked in the chains of a conservatorship, and a record label, and a marketing team, and a group of people who take charge in an album. She's not an indie artist who owns her own label.

Oh wow, the Britney is a slave claim yet again. :beysip:

Please explain to me why Myah is no where to be found on Glory despite being used for the past three albums prior to. She was "locked" under a record label during In the Zone too, the difference is she put her big girl panties on and fought for what she wanted. There's a difference. :blurp:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Oh wow, the Britney is a slave claim yet again. :beysip:

Please explain to me why Myah is no where to be found on Glory despite being used for the past three albums prior to. She was "locked" under a record label during In the Zone too, the difference is she put her big girl panties on and fought for what she wanted. There's a difference. :blurp:

I'm not pitying Britney, I'm reminding you of the truth of the industry. I also don't believe that Myah is the main artist of this album, so of course I don't believe that Britney sat back and let this conspiracy happen, because there is no conspiracy.

1 minute ago, vnisverx said:

I'm not pitying Britney, I'm reminding you of the truth of the industry. I also don't believe that Myah is the main artist of this album, so of course I don't believe that Britney sat back and let this conspiracy happen, because there is no conspiracy.

And I'm reminding you of the delusional claim you just spat out. :beysip: Why didn't the label force her to release Outrageous as the lead single from In the Zone? Or Bombastic Love from Britney? :beysip: Why did Britney get her way? :beysip: Did you know the label wanted Boom Boom as the second In the Zone single but Britney fought for Toxic? :beysip: Britney just simply lacks passion these days, you don't have to throw the claim that she's a slave to her label when she only promotes her album for 1-2 months and then frolics off to Hawaii for her vacation from Vegas where she only performs 3 nights a week for a couple weeks at a time before JLO and the Backstreet Boys take over. :beysip:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

And I'm reminding you of the delusional claim you just spat out. :beysip: Why didn't the label force her to release Outrageous as the lead single from In the Zone? Or Bombastic Love from Britney? :beysip: Why did Britney get her way? :beysip: Did you know the label wanted Boom Boom as the second In the Zone single but Britney fought for Toxic? :beysip: Britney just simply lacks passion these days, you don't have to throw the claim that she's a slave to her label when she only promotes her album for 1-2 months and then frolics off to Hawaii for her vacation from Vegas where she only performs 3 nights a week for a couple weeks at a time before JLO and the Backstreet Boys take over. :beysip:

K

Archived