I'm looking for PROOF of this conspiracy theory that Myah Marie sang most/all of the vocals on Britney Jean. As in, actual factual evidence that this is supposedly the secret truth.

Saying "I'm a fan, I know her voice" is not proof, it's opinion. Saying "Britney doesn't sound like that" or "The lyrics obviously aren't her style" is also not proof, it's more opinion. Please do not waste your time spamming this topic with your feelings and emotions and hunches. I want receipts, kiddos  :bichpls:

My opinion: I do NOT think that Myah Marie had as big a part in these vocals as most people say. When I hear Myah Marie's own songs and the demos that she makes for Britney, it's clear to me that their voices are similar but not identical. I'm not sure why everybody is so quick to completely forget power of electronic engineering of voices and pitch adjustment and all sorts of really nifty technology (e.g. Auto-Tune) used all over the music industry to intentionally modify the original vocals.

Britney Jean was obviously heavily edited vocally and in its overall production. I don't find this as a reason to entertain this ridiculous theory that Myah Marie is the main vocalist here. But if your claims can be fact-checked, then let's hear them.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

I remember someone saying that Myah's name was on the demos (or files or stems or whatever they're called - in other words the files were called something like "myah_001") but that's about it. I don't have any receipts on this. Maybe someone can help me on this.

But let's be real, do you really believe that Britney sang Body Ache? :sassybrit:

• Like 2

you want receipts, use your ears

If you were a fan/stan you would easily recognize Britney's voice, in the case of BJ that was Myah... it was Myah who sang 80% of the album, Britney only sang Perfume & Hold On Tight in full.... maybe be Britney sang all the songs but Myah's voice was taking over the songs, it was like Britney was doing the background vocals for Myah.

BJ  was  so rushed, they needed something to promote the vegas residency and Britney was so busy rehearsing in such a short time so they hired Myah since she helped and did some great background vocals on FF and nobody complained

the original concept of BJ was a Blackout 2.0 so many hip hop producers submitted tracks for Britney but all of them were rejected in the last minute and that's another reason why BJ was rushed

They said it was her most personal album ever and she wrote on every song... that's a lie ! she pulled a Beyoncé this time and Katy's demo of passenger proves it

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I remember someone saying that Myah's name was on the demos (or files or stems or whatever they're called - in other words the files were called something like "myah_001") but that's about it. I don't have any receipts on this. Maybe someone can help me on this.

But let's be real, do you really believe that Britney sang Body Ache? :sassybrit:

Thank you for a reply with some actual substance and for not saying "Just listen to the songs" (did the rest of you even read the initial post?). I hadn't heard anything about file names being listed under Myah.

I can't say that "Body Ache" is more Myah than Britney, because what about "Trip To Your Heart"? What about "Shattered Glass"? What about lots of other Britney songs that are intentionally modified and distorted vocally...?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Just listen to the fukking songs and Myah will be found :staysalty:

Your delusion is real.

Can I ask you a question OP - Does Britney sing live at POM? You seem the kind who thinks she does :meltdown:

No, she doesn't sing live at B:POM, nor did I ever think she did, nor did she when I was 10 feet away from her at the May 5th show this year...but you seem the kind who thinks that Original Doll was a legit album that is still buried secretly in a cardboard box somewhere in the basement of Jive Records. Don't bother with "contributing" to this topic if you're not going to read the original post.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Godspeed said:

the album itself is the proof. you can edit her voice as heavy as you want and we can still recognize which one is hers. in my opinion BJ is a good album but compared to her other albums, it's not that good. I can't believe Bruised Jaw still makes threads. we're thursty for new music :(

I'm just thirsty for some truth and tired of people who use conspiracy theory as concrete evidence. I opened a new topic because I was hoping to gather more details from trusted sources, but so far it's been people posting against everything I mentioned in my original post :triggered: Very productive

Guest $elfish

@vnisverx I know you said you don't want " just listen " examples but seriously all you have to do is listen for example myahs demo for britney black widow ( which is a bop ) 

and Chillin w u 

she sounds almost identical the only reason bj sounds different is because it's 70% myah and 30% britney she sings some parts of it

compare them both the for example till the world ends which is sung by brit

you can tell Britney's voice is much deeper

5 minutes ago, $elfish said:

@vnisverx I know you said you don't want " just listen " examples but seriously all you have to do is listen for example myahs demo for britney black widow ( which is a bop ) 

and Chillin w u 

she sounds almost identical the only reason bj sounds different is because it's 70% myah and 30% britney she sings some parts of it

compare them both the for example till the world ends which is sung by brit

you can tell Britney's voice is much deeper

Thanks for providing examples for comparison, but still, it'd be unfair to compare "Private Show" with "Just Luv Me", for example, because they're sung completely differently but both by Britney. I'm not denying that Myah's vocals weren't used for backing, maybe even a lot, but to say that there are songs that Britney absolutely did not sing is way too extreme of a theory to accept without evidence to show.

...And for what it's worth, "Chillin' With You" makes me cringe all around.

The only time anyone has even addressed it was after the Alien leak and William Orbit debunked it http://m.eonline.com/news/559411/britney-spears-producer-william-orbit-defends-the-singer-after-unedited-alien-track-leaks-online

That's the only time it even remotely hit the mainstream, because Britney sounded so messy  :orangu: But like Orbit said, it was a warm up and not indicitave of Britney's actual voice during recording. 

I have talked to others on this forum about how we never think of Myah Marie until some idiot brings her name up. The only reason I know that chick exists is because of Exhale and I've never found anything weird about Britney Jean otherwise and still don't. I think the album is just so shitty that some fans find comfort thinking Britney had nothing to do with it.

• Love 1

How is this video not all the proof you need? You can deny it all you want, but the fact is that Britney completely phoned BJ in. Vocally, taking writing credits for songs she didn't write, etc. The album features more of Myah than it should, and that's just the facts.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Just listen to the fukking songs and Myah will be found :staysalty:

Your delusion is real.

Can I ask you a question OP - Does Britney sing live at POM? You seem the kind who thinks she does :meltdown:

:huh:

I know most people dislike it lol but I love Don't Cry, Passenger, Now That I Found You, Til It's Gone, Alien and Work *****. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ITZFFGL said:

The only time anyone has even addressed it was after the Alien leak and William Orbit debunked it http://m.eonline.com/news/559411/britney-spears-producer-william-orbit-defends-the-singer-after-unedited-alien-track-leaks-online

That's the only time it even remotely hit the mainstream, because Britney sounded so messy  :orangu: But like Orbit said, it was a warm up and not indicitave of Britney's actual voice during recording. 

I have talked to others on this forum about how we never think of Myah Marie until some idiot brings her name up. The only reason I know that chick exists is because of Exhale and I've never found anything weird about Britney Jean otherwise and still don't. I think the album is just so shitty that some fans find comfort thinking Britney had nothing to do with it.

Thank you for your sanity and sense of logic. :kisses2all:

12 minutes ago, vnisverx said:

Thank you for a reply with some actual substance and for not saying "Just listen to the songs" (did the rest of you even read the initial post?). I hadn't heard anything about file names being listed under Myah.

I can't say that "Body Ache" is more Myah than Britney, because what about "Trip To Your Heart"? What about "Shattered Glass"? What about lots of other Britney songs that are intentionally modified and distorted vocally...?

Yeah, they are all edited but still, you can tell it's her voice. But in Bonitta Jalapeno case, you can also hear it is not Britney singing the lead. It is so different, you tell it immediately. 

To give you a better example, It should be easy is auto-tuned to death, the most autotuned song of hers so far. But still, even under all that you hear Brit. This is the thing, we tend to recognise famous people. Their appearance, voice, everything, especially if you obsess over someone lol

Probably you won't find any real proves cuz that is obviously between her team, Myah, producers and Britney herself. But I can remember it was a huge scandal back then and I can even remember reading about it in my local newspaper, printef on a big page lol it was said that even her father admitted his daughter is doing the singing for her. That's all I have lol