• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Hugo said:

1. Honestly, the only difference i hear in the verses of body ache is in the volume lmaoo it like suddenly gets lower in the second verse. I haven't heard the song in months so i can't explain it really well but in the context of tone and accent i still hear britney. It is reaaally hard to be objective in this topic bc we can have different interpretations in our hearing but i still stand in my opinion.

2. I have listened to Myah and all i can say is that i can tell her apart from britney very well. They are not nearly identical as some users claim.

3. So are you saying that these "leaks" are not actually official but made by random internet personalities for their own use? Please clarify and educate me in this topic as i am not familiar with the history of these so called "leaks" and "stems"

4. As ive said im not familiar but if we go with the other explanations regarding the melody change, etc then it can be a valid credit. Although i have not heard all the demos for britney jean to support this claim either.

1. It isn't just hearing.

2. But you don't notice her on BJ?

3. No, the stems are the official ones (On Youtube), their files were labeled Myah, which means we know basically that Myah did a lot on BJ.

And even remixer said they are not able to do proper remixes because of that.

On 8/2/2017 at 9:41 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

It's not.

Is this song really called "Plastic" then? Is it somebody else's released track, or is it just a demo? I mean, it sounds like it could be a Britney Jean-era demo, but we all know my opinion on YouTube video credibility and the objectivity of ears :snapney:

2 hours ago, vnisverx said:

Is this song really called "Plastic" then? Is it somebody else's released track, or is it just a demo? I mean, it sounds like it could be a Britney Jean-era demo, but we all know my opinion on YouTube video credibility and the objectivity of ears :snapney:

It's probably just a random track, I don't know, it's crap anyway. The only confirmed demos from BJ are the Dev Hynes and Ina Wroldsen ones.

Guest Arckangel
On 02/08/2017 at 10:13 AM, vnisverx said:

We're going around in circles with each other again. Ears aren't proof. Fan-uploaded videos aren't proof. Why do I need to prove to YOU anything? And if Britney's never going to admit to anything, then it's because A) there's nothing to admit or B) we'll never know.

As a rational human, I choose not to say "Hmmm it sounds different, this must be another woman singing!" Sorry, not good enough. And again, don't tell me to "**** off" when it's my thread :outwithit:  You don't have to keep responding. You've already provided plenty of crap YouTube videos that are supposed to be evidence. And I'm not attacking anybody, I'm telling them that their sorry 'evidence' isn't good enough. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. So few of you have actually provided anything substantial.

Amen!

Guest Arckangel
On 02/08/2017 at 10:38 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Thank you, I can tell the difference between voices.

Glory's vocals have Britney's accent, her airy, but sweet sounding falsetto,  the vocal breaks between her falsetto and lower register, her lower register, the slight purr or vocal fry in her voices at the end of phrases, the quiver to her voice that comes on longer extended notes etc.
Glory's problem vocally was the Baby voice became stale: On songs like Private Show, it sounded a tad too forced for example, or the ad libs on slumber party, but it was unrecognisably Britney. 

She sounds like Britney....because we knows its Britney, her voice isn't AS strong as it was on other albums, but its Britney, and truth be told, its why fans recognise Britney's voice on Perfume, Don't Cry, the verses of BMS and Passenger, and ISBE but not Body Ache, because all the qualities (that can't be altered on a computer) disappear. 

There are programs that alter the pitch of a voice. yes. There are programs that correct bum notes, and then there's mastering to be done, but you can't change a singers timbre, or the way they move between words, or their accent digitally. 

Artistic Creativity? Gimme a break. she had nothing to say about this album other than ''cool.......'' a thousand times. She used to be able to talk about working with producers, and writers, and musicians (she did it during Glory promotional interviews), but she had nothing new to say about any track on the album. 

So have a sticker, there's a lot of delusional fans here, but you're proving yourself to be one of the biggest. FLOP!

@vnisverx is totally right, has already won the argument, and unlike you, does not need to resort to childish insults and dismissive remarks to try to have a point. And yes, effects and filters CAN modify one's tone and even timber.

Guest Arckangel
On 01/08/2017 at 5:09 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

She sang on both Circus and Femme Fatale, but did nothing more than backing vocals on a few tracks (Circus, HIAM, Inside Out). 

@ShowdownITZ, @danny1994, @BoyToySoldier, @Kevney, @Circuit, on Femme Fatale, Myah Marie sings on Scary, Gasoline, Trouble for Me, Drop Dead Beautiful, Inside Out, Till The World Ends and Hold It Against Me.

On 01/08/2017 at 5:14 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

You're not supposed to, hence backing vocals. She's credited though.

Why aren't we supposed to? What's the point of hiring and paying a background vocalist if they're not gonna be heard on the record? Sure, they may provide subtle vocal support (as you're implying), but there's nothing in them being more noticeable. It'd only become an issue if they'd totally replace the main artist (what Myah is accused of doing on Britney Jean).

7 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

@ShowdownITZ, @danny1994, @BoyToySoldier, @Kevney, @Circuit, on Femme Fatale, Myah Marie sings on Scary, Gasoline, Trouble for Me, Drop Dead Beautiful, Inside Out, Till The World Ends and Hold It Against Me.

Why aren't we supposed to? What's the point of hiring and paying a background vocalist if they're not gonna be heard on the record? Sure, they may provide subtle vocal support (as you're implying), but there's nothing in them being more noticeable. It'd only become an issue if they'd totally replace the main artist (what Myah is accused of doing on Britney Jean).

IDGI. What are you saying? I know that Myah does BG vocals on Circus and Femme Fatale. And no, background singers aren't supposed to be heard on the main vocal stem, which is what Myah's doing in Britney Jean.

Guest Arckangel
58 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

IDGI. What are you saying? I know that Myah does BG vocals on Circus and Femme Fatale. And no, background singers aren't supposed to be heard on the main vocal stem, which is what Myah's doing in Britney Jean.

A background singer sings lead w/ J-Lo in the Ain't It Funny choruses. Okay, she sounds completely different than her, but this shows you it's not unusual for backup singers to stand out in a song.

4 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

A background singer sings lead w/ J-Lo in the Ain't It Funny choruses. Okay, she sounds completely different than her, but this shows you it's not unusual for backup singers to stand out in a song.

This is fraudulent as **** too. JLO's had people dubbing her since On the 6. It's literally Ashanti and Christina Millian singing the chorus on Aint It Funny and Play.

Ashanti literally admitted it was her too. (3:00)

And then there's this :tiffcackle:

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This is fraudulent as **** too. JLO's had people dubbing her since On the 6. It's literally Ashanti and Christina Millian singing the chorus on Aint It Funny and Play.

Ashanti literally admitted it was her too. (3:00)

And then there's this :tiffcackle:

:byebitch: J-Lo didn't even sing the chorus of that song. Thanks for giving me more reasons to hate her :saycheese:

On 8/5/2017 at 3:01 AM, Arckangel said:

There's a difference between this and BJ still. I don't get why you don't get this. This J-Lo song is like Early Mornin', the last chorus of oops etc. There's a backing singer (aint it funny how some feelings you can't deny) , and a lead vocalist is singing adlibs (ooh, noo, oh i wish this could be real.....)

Britney Jean has someone impersonate the vocals of the ''lead'' singer, and her vocals are either spliced in with Britney's to form sentences and phrases (You got a - *** siren in your phases, So wicked in the way he moves - don't miss it- do not be a fool, but it took you to show me, i can hand over - the keeeeeeeeey etc.) OR were chosen as lead vocals over Britney's, while Britney's vocals were lowered to be be barely audible, singing the exact same melody (Brightest morning star), OR were simply recorded by the backing vocalist to be used in place of Britney's.

If you're gonna compare anything to it, J-lo's play is the most similar, because J-Lo is blantantly not singing the chorus and lipsyncing it, but Christina was credited.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:48 AM, Arckangel said:

and Myah is credited as a backing vocalist. The point of a backing vocalist to be embellishment to main vocalist. They're the earrings that match with  the eyes pretty much. Yeah, you hear them and you know they're there, but the point of them is to be in the BACK, while Britney is the lead, and at most, be balanced to here. 

I listed those three songs as example. Not as the be all and end all lit. On those seven songs you listed, they're all recognisably Britney, if you go looking for Myah, you'll find her as a backing vocalist, but the vocals aren't pretending to be Britney, nor are they being used in place of a Britney vocal take.

Guest Arckangel
On 07/08/2017 at 2:37 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

There's a difference between this and BJ still. I don't get why you don't get this. This J-Lo song is like Early Mornin', the last chorus of oops etc. There's a backing singer (aint it funny how some feelings you can't deny) , and a lead vocalist is singing adlibs (ooh, noo, oh i wish this could be real.....)

Britney Jean has someone impersonate the vocals of the ''lead'' singer, and her vocals are either spliced in with Britney's to form sentences and phrases (You got a - *** siren in your phases, So wicked in the way he moves - don't miss it- do not be a fool, but it took you to show me, i can hand over - the keeeeeeeeey etc.) OR were chosen as lead vocals over Britney's, while Britney's vocals were lowered to be be barely audible, singing the exact same melody (Brightest morning star), OR were simply recorded by the backing vocalist to be used in place of Britney's.

If you're gonna compare anything to it, J-lo's play is the most similar, because J-Lo is blantantly not singing the chorus and lipsyncing it, but Christina was credited.

I just checked, and Christina Milian was credited for background vocals (just like Myah Marie on BJ).

Below are comments I've come across. alberach and Jacob Diaz may actually be right. It is quite simple to have two (or more) vocal tracks (waveforms) from two different vocalists singing the exact same words and melody play at once. The producer/engineer may wanna make sure words from each track are properly tuned and aligned. One track may also be louder than the other, effects may be added, and it may make it sound like one voice.

Spice Up Your Life by the Spice Girls is the best example. The verses are supposedly sung by all the girls (layered vocals), but all I hear is Geri. Geri's voice is predominant, but it doesn't mean the other girls' aren't there! Same thing when it comes to those J-Lo and Britney Jean tracks. It's basically blended vocals.

More like like lead vocals
Um no. The lead vocals are JLo. Singing the chorus along with someone else does not make you the lead singer.

J.Lo literally only sings for about 38secs on this song. I'm not including the random vocal drops and the profanity she spews at the DJ because that's not real vocal skill. After that Christina Milian is singing everything else.

JLo sings the majority of the song, not "literally only for about 38 seconds". Milian meanwhile ONLY sings the chorus, which JLo actually does sing along with her.

J.lo had the rights to get right. She rightfully got the song from Usher...usher was just petty that it became a hit for her and not him and regretted giving it to her. Learn the facts. Also, Mariah is bitter and simply made up those rumors about J.lo stealing music from her. The song she says J.lo stole from her, sounds nothing like her actual one. And you're wrong about Jenny From The Block. J.lo sang the majority of the song and ramos sang background and sang the chorus behind J.lo.

Archived