Do you remeber your reaction to hearing Blackout?

On 4/12/2024 at 5:39 PM, humstarr said:

I also heard leaks first and was especially playing Heaven on Earth on repeat. 

This with Ooh Ooh Baby and Perfect Lover.

It was iconic and I felt it was overshadowed by the media focusing on her life not the music

Goodebunps when I heard Gimme more on the radio for the first time

• Love 3
On 4/13/2024 at 5:08 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I remember buying the album from FYE on Halloween, and my hand was shaking as I put it into my CD player. I cried, I was so happy Britney was back, it was such a moment. 

yeah before i also thought it was over and the 4 albums plus gh:mp were all we would be getting forever

• Love 2

Outubro de 2007,eu tinha 14 anos e  havia começado a ouvir música pop em rádios brasileiras, e numa manhã enquanto limpava a casa começou a tocar gimme more, eu fiquei impactado, até hoje gimme more e Piece Of me são meus sons favoritos de todos os tempos. Aquele momento  me motivou  a conhecer Britney Spears, que era tão difamada e desvalidada por fazer playback. Lembro de assistir os vídeos de piece of me e GM em baixíssima qualidade num Internet via rádio.  Sim, Blackout é o melhor álbum pop de todos os tempos . ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ Kisses from Brazil Barmy. 

Well back then the break between ITZ and Blackout was the longest we ever had and I was so excited for new Britney music. Also because most of the Britney news was quite negative so it was great to focus on the music instead. When the tracks started leaking I was so happy. Cause all of it sounded so good! 

Baby Boy was the first leak and when Cold As Fire and Gimme More leaked we all got sooooo excited. 

We just had 4 eras of Primeney and a GH so I have to admit I was excited about the performances and music videos too.Sadly that was a bit of a letdown but at least the music was amazing! 

I remember being sad State of Grace wasn’t on the album. Other than that, I think the tracklisting was pretty spot on!

• Love 4

Gimme More was leaked the night before my graduation class trip in high school. I was 18. We went from Cologne to Tuscany by bus, and I listened to Gimme More on my MiniDisc-Player. The. Whole. *******. 13. Hours!!!! I loved every second of it. ❤️

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

When I first heard Piece Of Me, it sounded so evolutionary because the beats sounded so foreign and ingenious to me. What is this eargasm? What is this sorcery?  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I remember when listening to the Piece Of Me demo, the sound of the money/coins wasn't softened, like it sounded harder to your ears :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Haha 2

When I first heard Piece Of Me, it sounded so evolutionary because the beats sounded so foreign and ingenious to me. What is this eargasm? What is this sorcery?  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I remember when listening to the Piece Of Me demo, the sound of the money/coins wasn't softened, like it sounded harder to your ears :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Haha 1

I had been hammering the leaks all summer - them being Gimme More, Hot as Ice (then Cold as Ice), Perfect Lover (then Got Me High), and Heaven on Earth (then Yours) so when I got to listen to the official versions, I felt overwhelmed -  thought they sounded overproduced. Demoitis is real!

The songs I hadn't heart blew my mind. Piece of Me sounded like something truly new, as the poster above says, it sounded very progressive. To the point where I didn't really "get" it at first. Then Radar I was obsessed from the first listen, the hook was insanely catchy.

I enjoyed the album's pace and I thought the repertoire was perfect, and it ending with Why Should I Be Sad made total sense. It sounded like the day after the party. I still think it's a perfectly sequenced album. To be honest, I thought it was perfect, and think so to this day.

• Love 1

I listened to the whole album in the library  and I was shocked!! I've felt like I've discovered some new kind music, it was so different from her other albums. My favorites were Gimme More, Break the Ice and Toy Soldier.

I just realised I was 15 when it came out... omg time does run fast!! lmao

• Love 1

I was 17 and i remember the full album leaked somewhere and i was hyped as hell, i loved the album, the energy was perfect for my age...and still is...it's on my TOP 3. Then i bought the album and the booklet left like:
 Oh My God Wow GIF

BLACKOUT ROCKS!
(now i felt nostalgic...) 

• Love 4

I had never been so excited for an album. I bought my 1st copy on iTunes. I had heard the leaks but they still sounded so new on the record. I’ve always loved her albums but this was just THE MOMENT! All the chaos in her life and she answered it back so perfectly. Even my non Britney fans became fans with this album. 
I bought the physical deluxe, iTunes and Target version…all worth it. I was obsessed with the album(still am) but I loved loved loved Heaven on Earth. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block