What do you think of Tate McRae being touted as "The Britney of our Generation" by Gen Z?

As a hardcore Britney fan since 1998 I can tell you, YES, Tate McRae is the Britney of this generation and you will deal.

All you old, grumpy Britney fans, remind me of myself when Gaga became popular. Madonna and Britney were THE pop royalty and there was this new girl trying to be the new Madonna. I couldn't stand her. Years later I'm of course a Gaga fan and respect/adore everything she does.

I think it's just human nature, when someone new comes in, we get defensive.

Don't worry, I'm sure with a couple more videos and performances you will become fans too :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Like 1

I’m here for the effort she puts in, she is the only artist putting in the work with choreography, I mean Tinashe is but we let her flop.

I watched her BBMAs performance and I’m sold. Does she have the ***iness and spark that Britney had? Absolutely not.

But tate gives me that fill of the missing popstars of the past. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

her Bbmas performance was outstading. But I don't think greedy will become as big as baby one more time. 

tbh I'm happy people are calling her the britney of the new generation because it recognizes britney's past as a performer, I'd rather that than when people used to call Selena Gomez the britney of this generation... at least Tate is talented. 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Kiss my said:

People are only talking about her because she has the #1 song on Spotify and she’s a dancer. I think she’s talented as a dancer and that’s it - otherwise she doesn’t have the IT factor to stand out the way Britney did 

:angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

Wow so just cause she can dance they compare her to Britney?

Any one can dance with taking lessons!

Has the standards of popstars really went low that any sign of talent is comparable to past legends like Britney?

You're right, she probably doesn't have the it factor, heck I don't think any modern female popstar does.

Back in the day,

lots of popstars could dance and perform really well.

I guess now its different. :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ItsSway said:

I’m here for it. I’m obsessed with exes, her most recent single, that’s also picking up momentum and is the catalyst to this, as well as the success of Greedy. It’s the vibe that she’s coming with. The confidence and the choreography is top notch.

And on top of this - her previous work is brilliant. Her first album is fantastic, not a single skip. Shes been bubbling under for three years and Im glad shes getting the recognition she deserves.

I think Brit would approve! She posted a vid to “you broke me first” not that lo g ago

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

that said I think it's flattering that all these years later, people are still trying to find the "new Britney" instead of the new Rihanna or the new Katy Perry or the new Selena Gomez, or the new Ariana Grande, like at the end of the day Britney still remains the blueprint or the standard to beat for every female popstar

EXACTLY! thank you

I am a super Britney fan and I glad to see Tate who someone similar to Britney and efforts on choreo, stage presence and costumes. Since Britney hasn't put up anything new, I am glad I have a new one to stan for but Britney will always and forever be untouchable and my number 1.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block