What do you think of Tate McRae being touted as "The Britney of our Generation" by Gen Z?

6 hours ago, work said:

As a hardcore Britney fan since 1998 I can tell you, YES, Tate McRae is the Britney of this generation and you will deal.

All you old, grumpy Britney fans, remind me of myself when Gaga became popular. Madonna and Britney were THE pop royalty and there was this new girl trying to be the new Madonna. I couldn't stand her. Years later I'm of course a Gaga fan and respect/adore everything she does.

I think it's just human nature, when someone new comes in, we get defensive.

Don't worry, I'm sure with a couple more videos and performances you will become fans too :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

• Like 1

I can see similarities and she has my attention for sure! Brit didn’t start out full on **** though and literally struck the world with BOMT, her debut. She was a force and iconic from day one. Plus if Tate released this in the early 2000s it would have flopped. People are just hungry for it. She is mega talented though and I am watching. RCA is banking on her to be the next pop girl and I have a feeling Taylor Swift is going to settle down soon so nows the time. Dua is also becoming a massive force as well.

• Like 1

I get the point. She’s a Britney fan she said so and also put Brit As her inspiration. She use Britney movements, style and formula. Yes. She’s ok. Her face is more like lady Gaga/ava max. She’s not gonna be Britney, no one will ever be. The last big impact was lady Gaga and Taylor swift, and they don’t even get to a Britney scale.

a lot of factors makes imposible to create a new pop royalty, in the old days most of the ppl used to listen the same. Now there’s a lot of options because the globalization and the social media which gave to everyone a window to the world to show your talent or your no-talent, so fame now is just about 15 min . Britney fame as Madonna or even Beyoncé it’s eternal.

Edited by freeoverprotected
  • Love 2

Eh comparisons are bound to happen, but she’s trending. That’s it. she’s not iconic…yet???

she’s talented but she doesn’t seem to stand out to me (maybe i’m old but). She doesn’t seem to have that ‘x factor’ previous stars had.

* her voice isnt unique. She sounds too much like camilla and billie

* too much of a dancer for the sake of dancing. First of all she blends in with her dancers, Britney, janet, madonna, beyoncé hit their marks but with their own style that makes them stand out. I don’t see that in her

* she has awful imagery and iconography. Yes imitation is flattery, but I have yet to see a staple outfit thats makes her HER. The things she wears look like any other pop act and not enough to warrant recognizability.  Michael had his hat/shoes, madonna cones, britney snake/school girl/air stewardess; gaga meat dress: katy perry blue hair teenage dream era. Even Gaga at her debut.

this girl…debuted a while ago with songs when she was a teen i believe…but that’s just eh in the grand scheme of things. Do i see impact? No, but who knows. Maybe i have rose tinted glasses. Even Olivia Rodrigo and Billie stand out to me (and theyre not my cup of tea).

Edited by Delicious Pork Chops
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, ElToxico said:

There’s literally compilations of clips on youtube from other artists trashing her. Eminem, Metallica, Avril Lavigne, Xtina, Jessica Simpson, Fred Durst….You clearly lived in LaLa land back then

Mocking her but not because it was generic. Let's be real tate does not compare to even Xtina. And yes I was a kid however I remember generic music was not Britney.

51 minutes ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

Eh comparisons are bound to happen, but she’s trending. That’s it. she’s not iconic…yet???

she’s talented but she doesn’t seem to stand out to me (maybe i’m old but). She doesn’t seem to have that ‘x factor’ previous stars had.

* her voice isnt unique. She sounds too much like camilla and billie

* too much of a dancer for the sake of dancing. First of all she blends in with her dancers, Britney, janet, madonna, beyoncé hit their marks but with their own style that makes them stand out. I don’t see that in her

* she has awful imagery and iconography. Yes imitation is flattery, but I have yet to see a staple outfit thats makes her HER. The things she wears look like any other pop act and not enough to warrant recognizability.  Michael had his hat/shoes, madonna cones, britney snake/school girl/air stewardess; gaga meat dress: katy perry blue hair teenage dream era. Even Gaga at her debut.

this girl…debuted a while ago with songs when she was a teen i believe…but that’s just eh in the grand scheme of things. Do i see impact? No, but who knows. Maybe i have rose tinted glasses. Even Olivia Rodrigo and Billie stand out to me (and theyre not my cup of tea).

Exactly my thoughts. Olivia and Billie closer to Britney status than this girl. She tried too hard for my taste.

1 hour ago, Barmy86 said:

Mocking her but not because it was generic. Let's be real tate does not compare to even Xtina. And yes I was a kid however I remember generic music was not Britney.

Mocking her because THEY SAID she was generic m. Pre fabricated and manufactured pop. That doesn’t mean she was. This is not even up for debate so I dont know why are you even arguing 

She’s incredible and if her tour was sold out I would see why. I’ll leave the rest for you to figure out. Britney has her beat in natural charisma and theatrics. Like the queen said she was an Olympic level performer that knew when and how to take her shots…This girl is a stan like us. It prob would take someone that understands what Brit did for the world to replicate it. It’s reminiscent of Britney proclaiming how much she wanted to be like Janet. I do see it in her and time will tell. But ppl sayin she’s not iconic yet we are having the conversation. And a conversation that isn’t new but this time it’s actually plausible. Obv they are different ppl. But someone that can command a stage, camera, and have a good enough voice. I do see it. But I don’t like the songs I heard and I also think she does sound like Billie…Britney sounded like and still sounds like Britney. She’s a voice to be imitated. The only voice she imitated was her musical mova Whitney. Britney houston got her that record deal mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 1

Britney had the ability to hypnotize you within seconds. You'd see a 3 second clip on a low res tv and would be hooked. You'd hear just one line of song and be intrigued either because of her unique vocals or even the first beats of Bomt or Oops. To this day I remember the first time I saw Oops on tv. And I didn't even become a fan until years later. But I instantly remembered her. Because she was unique and memorable from the get go. Dancing was the cherry on top. But she had the whole package which made her stand out within a nano second. And she made it seem so effortless and natural. 

I honestly don't see anything memorable about this girl or her song. She's clearly inspired by the 2000s, the way she sings is very similar to other current female singers. The way she dances and poses in the music video honestly seems rather forced. I'm not saying she's untalented, I just don't see how she'd be able to replicate the effect Britney had. 

I am currently obsessed with Greedy. It’s an absolute bop. I am also very happy to see a pop girl doing choreo during live performances and music videos. It’s been a while. I just hope this is a sign that pop music is going back to being fun. The girlies have been too blah since like 2016. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block