What do you think of Tate McRae being touted as "The Britney of our Generation" by Gen Z?

1 hour ago, Barmy86 said:

Lol negative Britney was not just considered generic when she came out if anything that's what made her stand out.

There’s literally compilations of clips on youtube from other artists trashing her. Eminem, Metallica, Avril Lavigne, Xtina, Jessica Simpson, Fred Durst….You clearly lived in LaLa land back then

• Like 1

This clearly was the aim of her comms team with this album launch judging by the sound and the random *** choreos. 

Now I don’t want to be THAT old grumpy *****, like I’m a cool mom alright. But that girl doesn’t even have half of the talent, charisma and stage presence that Primeney used to have at her age. There will never be another Britney Spears, just like there will never be another MJ, Bowie, etc. They’re too iconic and unique, which is what makes them legends. 

Rather than being the gen Z Britney (LOL), I’d say she’s just inspired by 00s music. It’s vintage now after all 👵🏼

• Love 3
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

This clearly was the aim of her comms team with this album launch judging by the sound and the random *** choreos. 

Now I don’t want to be THAT old grumpy *****, like I’m a cool mom alright. But that girl doesn’t even have half of the talent, charisma and stage presence that Primeney used to have at her age. There will never be another Britney Spears, just like there will never be another MJ, Bowie, etc. They’re too iconic and unique, which is what makes them legends. 

Rather than being the gen Z Britney (LOL), I’d say she’s just inspired by 00s music. It’s vintage now after all 👵🏼

100 % :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

5 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Gen Z don’t know **** about ****.

I will say, I saw her performance at the BMAs and was genuinely impressed. It’s nice to see a pop girl finally put solid effort into a live performance. But the bar is in hell with this generation. 

I was also impressed with her BBMA performance. I've praised Tate but always thought there was something missing. 

The guy in the video hit the nail on the head about the current pop stars. Popstars like Britney spent tens of thousands of hours perfecting their craft before they ever stepped foot on a stage, and now they can be on Jimmy Fallon or the BBMAs overnight.... So they just don't have the presence of stars like Britney.

My 2 main criticisms of Tate is that her dancing and facial expressions all seem like Tiktok moves... Shes hitting them but it's all very one dimensional and the second is the lack of stage presence.

Spoiler

But maybe we're just old I don't know :orangu_orangutan_ape:

The girl is talented but no where near Britney's prime.

• Like 1

The setup... is for real.

We all know how viral marketing works these days and how EASY it is to manipulate people's (kid's) minds through media. The fact that there's a thread existing HERE means the marketing team did some homework.

Like... I think the easy answer is to ask your parents. If your parent know that celeb and think they are good, then they are good. Parents don't care to cave into peer pressure to like a certain celebrity, or a franchise or a trend. They naturally are more objective because life made them give no *** about unimportant trends. My parents thought Britney was a great performer, had catchy music, and was basically pretty and even liked her sweet southern image offstage even before I started stanning Britney myself. Didn't really care for Tate until mentioned here a couple of times. (Still don't)

I think the fans are so resentful about that.

She is not Britney and theres only one Britney, but we have to understand Tate remember Britney a lot.

They are not the same because Tate is new in the industry and Britney accomplished a lot because she still in the business in a long time. 

That's why they are calling "the Britney of this generation". No other singer dance like Britney in the past 25 years but now we have one who remember Britney a lot.

And I love it! 

Edited by Hot_is_ice
7 hours ago, princessmimi said:

My god am I really that old now that I don't even know the latest popstars? :orangu_orangutan_ape::selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

People are only talking about her because she has the #1 song on Spotify and she’s a dancer. I think she’s talented as a dancer and that’s it - otherwise she doesn’t have the IT factor to stand out the way Britney did 

:angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

Edited by Kiss my
10 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I have not done the comparison....let's clarify.....so don't @ me

Lol are people still buying physical albums? in 2023? to do what? play them on their phones? are you a time traveller?

Of course. There are other ways of playing music than just Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, YouTube, whateverz. There is a whole market for people who like vinyls too. :)

So, yeah. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block