Lana Del Rey's new album to debut at....

AII

I haven’t listened to it yet but I’m just worried that it’s going to sound just like her past 3 albums. That boring indie/folk sound that really needs a change up. I miss her dark pop, dream pop, soundtrack-type sound. It’s due for a comeback. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by her new album when I finally get around to listening to it.

• Love 5

I was such a Lana stan from the get, I still blindly follow her and buy her albums even though I don’t like them. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I listened to the latest one and I only like 3 songs and honestly if they weren’t Lana’s I wouldnt give her this much grace- I’d think they were boring. And I know I’ll take my àss to Target tonight and buy a physical copy. What is wrong with me?! She hypothesized me! It’s the only reason I can think of as to why I keep giving her my money :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 3
  • Haha 5

peppers is one of the worst songs she’s ever included on an album. holy fu.ck it’s cringy. her fans are always on their high horse, saying sh.it like, “ohh ‘old lana’ is never coming back, get over it” then she releases peppers and it’s an instant favourite. that said there are a few really good songs on this album and her songwriting, as usual, is mostly beautiful - but the melodies, as has been the case for her last few albums, are mostly all monotonous.

Edited by neko
  • Love 1

For someone with such rich imagination and storytelling talent, her musical endeavors are meh at best. The subject matters and narrative evolve beautifully throughout her discography, why isn't her melodic construction paired with all that?  She has definitely been the inspiration behind Taylor's evolution. I mean, even some of Tays lyrics are a clear reference to Lana. Cardigan couldn't be more Lana and overall, the two sister albums have Lana written all over them. Why can't she let go of the never.ending.boredom of her music?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, neko said:

peppers is one of the worst songs she’s ever included on an album. holy fu.ck it’s cringy. her fans are always on their high horse, saying sh.it like, “ohh ‘old lana’ is never coming back, get over it” then she releases peppers and it’s an instant favourite. that said there are a few really good songs on this album and her songwriting, as usual, is mostly beautiful - but the melodies, as has been the case for her last few albums, are mostly all monotonous.

Oop… Peppers is one of my faves off the album so far…

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block