Britney Spears New York Magazine COVER (November 7, 2022 Issue) The Curse of Kentwood: House of Spears - New York Magazine FULL article HERE !! Why Britney Spears’ dad Jamie put her under a conservatorship for 13 years ??

Wow. As if someone would become their true self overnight, after 13 years of humiliation and imprisonment. 

“An astonishing number of women told me that after supporting the Free Britney movement, they had regretfully unfollowed her; her posts had become uncomfortable to watch. She seemed unwell. Missing was the control that had turned her into someone we thought we knew: Britney’s unparalleled command of her body, her mastery of self-presentation, that sense that she could become precisely the person she wanted us to see.”

• Love 7
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Style. said:

This is the most disgusting and misogynistic thing I’ve ever read. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

“In the one interview he did, from the home Britney built her mother, Britney’s brother, Bryan, made a joke about how pushy women in his family always get their way. He agreed that perhaps it made sense to end the conservatorship, which had been “a great thing for our family,” but didn’t quite see how things could work with Britney granted the rights of an adult. “Oh, so are you gonna call and make reservations for yourself today?” he asked. “Like, if you’re coming into life and you’ve never had to do something, and having to learn it, it’s going to be an adjustment … everyday-task stuff is probably gonna be a great challenge, like driving,” he said. “She is the worst driver in the world.” The interviewer gently suggested Uber and an executive assistant.”

Amazing and disgusting that they don't think she's entitled to that when they live off her.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Lola2790 said:

Jamie's father's first wife "committed suicide" allegedly, his second wife was institutionalized against her will after a custody battle for the kids, and his third wife was his stepsister? :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

Also didn't know Britney didn't like her middle name because she thought it was cursed because of her grandmother's history and "suicide". 

Didn't Jamie's sister confirm that the suicide story was bogus?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It was a meh reading as we didn’t find anything new. They don’t ever report aspects of systemic abuse therefore I am not going to bother reading these types of magazines ever again. I’m tired of sub-par journalism doing pretentious articles for a pay raise. I’m waiting on the exposé of Brenda Penny and Lou M. Taylor and everybody involved in the trafficking of Britney Spears. Bye! 

spacer.png

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Damn that took 3 hours to read I literally took a nap and began reading again then watched a video then finished the rest of the article 

Very interesting story but for what NYT? This is just the beginning soon there be movies about the Tragedies of the Spears family…it just hurts seeing this become Britney’s legacy, she just released a solid hit song NYT do an article about that..

4 hours ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Very interesting. They do not name Lou Taylor and refer to her as the "pastor's wife"

You know this wicked witch is sending out cease and desist's to every serious news publication that digs up dirt on her :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I'll be waiting for an expose on Lou Taylor's intimidation of the media which is a COVER UP for her crimes against Britney

spacer.png

It’s up to us fans to expose this nasty, sick, disgusting piece of trash. Her day of reckoning is coming.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Style. said:

This is the most disgusting and misogynistic thing I’ve ever read. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

“In the one interview he did, from the home Britney built her mother, Britney’s brother, Bryan, made a joke about how pushy women in his family always get their way. He agreed that perhaps it made sense to end the conservatorship, which had been “a great thing for our family,” but didn’t quite see how things could work with Britney granted the rights of an adult. “Oh, so are you gonna call and make reservations for yourself today?” he asked. “Like, if you’re coming into life and you’ve never had to do something, and having to learn it, it’s going to be an adjustment … everyday-task stuff is probably gonna be a great challenge, like driving,” he said. “She is the worst driver in the world.” The interviewer gently suggested Uber and an executive assistant.”

Bish I watched that interview live.... I was SCREAMING at my computer screen... Bryan is SO misogynistic and disrespectful. The interviewer was slightly more aware of things, but still was overly friendly with Bryan and didn't confront his words as he should have. And then two FEMALE workers (it was a radio show), who were also huge Britney fans, stepped in at the end of the interview and asked a few more interesting questions, but all of them were polite to Bryan. They should have questioned him more seriously, because the things he said were incredibly s**ist and arrogant.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Back before the ending of the conservatorship, when Rosengart was petitioning to end the Conservatorship on Britney's terms, not Jamie's, Rosengart essentially laid out a road map on how the ending of the conservatorship would work if the Judge sided with it. It was all very straight foreward. Part of it was that, upon the ending of the conservatorship, a plan of care that Britney had agreed to would be in place and Britney would work with Jodi Montgomery, at her choice. Being a matter related to Britney's health, it was kept underseal (rightfully). Before I say anything else, even before this, everyone recognised that Britney would need some supports in readjusting after almost 14 years of the conservatorship, that essentially treated her less than a prisoner.

When certain platforms that offered nothing to the Free Britney movement to legitimise it (no expertise, no legal knowledge, system experience or history of activism) started to lose steam, they started amplifying baseless conspiracy theories OR conspiracy theories with highly flawed basis that were easily debunked. One of these was the "care plan". They essentially painted a care plan  into a deceptive second conservatorship formed by Rosengart, Jodi etc. And Essentially anyone Britney was seen looking happy with, and the care plan, to them, was proof of that. It being underseal was also "proof" that something nefarious was happening, and in turn, they started demanding that the document relating to Britney's health be unsealed, ironically, at the same time that Britney's father was demanding the courts unseal Britney's Medical Records.

They spread the conspiracy theory so far that it picked up steam, as misinformation does, and after a hearing, Rosengart was asked about the care plan, to which he responded that there was a "mythos around the care plan, there is no care plan" and that Britney's free, essentially saying there's Britney's free, everything is done; he made a clear to the point comment....

...but as per usual, the BAnon Conspiracy Theorists didn't accept that it as that. They tried to make it that Rosengart denied there was ever a plan, that he was lying, that Britney wasnt free etc. Ironically, using the court documents he was making and involved in, and they took it as some sort of weird dismissive attack at them, because only they can be right, and they could accept that the narrative they formed was exactly as Rosengart had politely described; a mythos.

i can add that they build their theories based on assumptions, lies, continuing to edit posts, etc! And the fact they have the nerve to say “FreeBritney started a conspiracy theory” comparing it to these made up stories it’s actually insulting to all of us 

Yes, this was long, and yes, it contains info that most fans already know. But the general public doesn’t know even half of this. Those people who see her IG posts and think maybe she was better under the conservatorship. 

This article destroys the myth that Britney’s female relatives have a history of mental illness. It makes it clear that the Spears men are controlling and abusive, and that Jamie has been that way for Britney’s entire life. It makes it clear there was NO reason for the conservatorship to begin with. And it defends Britney as a survivor of decades of abuse who is still trying to process her trauma. I haven’t seen that mentioned in any media outlets before now. Do you think the average person knows that Jamie’s mother was likely ******** by his father and that his father abused all his wives and institutionalized them? And that Jamie was following the family tradition of how to control women? Because I don’t think the average person had any clue. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Bish I watched that interview live.... I was SCREAMING at my computer screen... Bryan is SO misogynistic and disrespectful. The interviewer was slightly more aware of things, but still was overly friendly with Bryan and didn't confront his words as he should have. And then two FEMALE workers (it was a radio show), who were also huge Britney fans, stepped in at the end of the interview and asked a few more interesting questions, but all of them were polite to Bryan. They should have questioned him more seriously, because the things he said were incredibly s**ist and arrogant.

I thought her brother is man enough to stand up for his little sister. Yikes. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, s&m said:

i can add that they build their theories based on assumptions, lies, continuing to edit posts, etc! And the fact they have the nerve to say “FreeBritney started a conspiracy theory” comparing it to these made up stories it’s actually insulting to all of us 

Free Britney was only deemed a Conspiracy by those who benefited from it who did control the narrative at the time. To continue that narrative is not only disservice to the movement, but also justifies Team Cons comments, but low and behold, another example of how Conspiracy benefits Team Con. There was always enough evidence that something was wrong, the only thing that was missing was Britney's voice saying it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Style. said:

Why are people saying she is still placed under a controlling court ordered care plan implemented by Mathew Rosengart? 

In my opinion, The CON was absolutely horrible and unjust, but it wasn't some Disney villian that when defeated would magically turn Britney back into her 2001 state of mind and confidence. The CON was a horrible thing that happened to someone who, like many young stars, had already been genuinely struggling with their mental health (and mega fame) in the years before it.

I feel some people are just looking for a "reason" she or her life (in their opinion) hasn't changed much from 2020/2021. So maybe they feel the care plan is to blame? There is absolutely zero proof that the care plan is controlling her. It was just a formality to help convince the judge to end the CON without a trial or medical evaluation.  

The recommendations in the care plan were not even legally binding or mandatory.  I low key feel like that should be obvious to all by now. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Like 5

This article chronicles the genealogy of her father, their family's severe problems as well as, the conservatorship. They had indeed an awful back history ; 'their' women were institutionalized and finally destroyed.

i urge you to look at the forth comment that goes as this; 

In 1970 I was 12 years old and had recently moved to Kenner La. from Germany where my father had been stationed in the Air Force. He was doing a tour in Thailand and we could not accompany him so Mommy wanted to go home as she put it. Home was Kentwood, Osyka and New Orleans. I accompanied her to a decrepit trailer in an unkempt yard on a corner lot in Kentwood La. We had brought a trunk load of carefully selected groceries and entered a dark musty trailer with eight children that were quite disheveled and dirty. I was a little scared as I had no idea people lived like this. She began cheerfully speaking to the children and showing them lots of goodie’s she had brought. They were delighted! She then began talking in hushed tones to her cousin Jo Ann Blackwell Spears. I could easily tell things were not okay. JoAnn just cried and begged my mom not to leave, and mommy promised we would come back next week. My mom spent every evening that week talking on the phone in very stern tones to June Austin Spears, who was working in New York, that he needed to get home and properly take care of his wife and children, and they had no money for groceries and utilities. Jo Ann was a mess, taking care of eight children aged two to fourteen in a two bedroom filthy trailer. He was furious that a woman spoke to him as my mother had, and told her she had better mind her own business! That did not deter my mother, as promised we came every week with groceries, toys, clothing and paid the electric bill. June finally came home and immediately placed JoAnn in Mandeville and had her loaded up with lithium, just to spite my mother. This went on in cycles and destroyed JoAnn, she was never the same. The misogynistic tendencies are still quite prevalent in Kentwood La. and the tiny towns that dot the dreary backroads in Tangipahoa County. Sins of the father so to speak. Lynne Spears isn’t lying when she said she was afraid of Jamie Spears. Britney is extremely talented and rose well above her raising, which infuriates her father, who has ridden on her coat tails and jumped at the opportunity to institutionalize his daughter and promote the pony show for his profit and gain. Act up, lithium! These are not loving fathers, Jaimie and June, do not kid yourself, women have their place. Britney will be best served to stay far away from this family. She is trying to heal, it will take time. Her posts are a little out there, but read between the lines and you will see a very bright and talented woman child. I’m hoping she gets back to the studio soon!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block