Britney Spears New York Magazine COVER (November 7, 2022 Issue) The Curse of Kentwood: House of Spears - New York Magazine FULL article HERE !! Why Britney Spears’ dad Jamie put her under a conservatorship for 13 years ??

On 11/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, bitbitboi said:

Bish I watched that interview live.... I was SCREAMING at my computer screen... Bryan is SO misogynistic and disrespectful. The interviewer was slightly more aware of things, but still was overly friendly with Bryan and didn't confront his words as he should have. And then two FEMALE workers (it was a radio show), who were also huge Britney fans, stepped in at the end of the interview and asked a few more interesting questions, but all of them were polite to Bryan. They should have questioned him more seriously, because the things he said were incredibly s**ist and arrogant.

Yeah, but then those females said later when discussing it that they understood how hard it was to deal with a family member who was mentally ill, and you just couldn't judge what had to be done, and then they had another woman guest who basically both-sides the whole thing, in a way that was no different than the previous 10 years of media saying "the conservatorship saved her life".  The host got a lot of credit for getting Bryan to talk, but the whole show and its runners were non-commital to the point of neutralizing Bryan. But nobody can confront anyone in an interview anymore, those days are gone.

• Like 2

Well first of all,  what a very well researched article. I like how it goes deep into the spears/bridges background that ultimately gave us Britney. :)

the article really highlights the insane hardships and struggles they went though to support Britney's Gift, example not paying taxes regularly. I think this further proves, that they depended on her to support the family when she would become a star. Just imagine the kind of stress that does to a kid. Britney really came from nothing, but was the star of the family.

I like how it explores the parallels between Britney and Jean Forbes; that they would both ultimately suffer at the hands of spears men. I like how they pointed out that she resembles her grandmother too. Towards the end, the journalist points out how Jamie must resent Britney b/c she reminds him of his mother and it's possible his mom made him not feel like he was good enough so she killed herself.  <<<< I remember fans saying this same thing

2 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

Have y’all seen this crap?

People are misinterpreting the article, I believe. This does not mean Britney is still in danger. This is exactly how conspiracy theories start. I can’t stand the delusional stans in this fanbase. 

that guy is banon....he has an instagram too. I found the article very thoroughly researched. This story of abuse goes back generations and after reading it you can see the time and effort the journalist put into the story. I doubt it was easy for her to get people to talk

14 hours ago, queenofhearts said:

the article really highlights the insane hardships and struggles they went though to support Britney's Gift, example not paying taxes regularly. I think this further proves, that they depended on her to support the family when she would become a star.

I took that more as pointing out that Jamie and Lynn were poor financial planners. Apparently Jamie could find the money for alcohol. They could probably have paid their taxes and the mortgage, and paid for Britney's lessons. Other families do. You don't see parents of Olympians claiming poverty and bankruptcy and blaming it on the athletes.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block