Settlement talks between Britney, Jamie Spears and Tri-Star are reportedly underway

hello70

TMZ is as reliable as a potato :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

I dont buy this $h¡t. I do think there must be some talks between Matt and Jamie's lawyers since that's normal to happen in legal cases but I dont think theres an intention to set any type of agreement. 

14 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Settlement talks are an essential part of any case before it goes to trial.

Isnt this on a trial stage? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Im not from the US and I dont remotely understand how the legal system works there either. 

If this is true Rosengart is a crook. Rubbish about it being "Britney's choice". She wants justice... She can get it if he pushed through. If she settles, she has not been advised of her options correctly.... 

Ridiculous to throw away an obvious win like this. The client wants them to pay, wants her money back. This is what he delivers?

I was holding back my doubts and supporting Rosengart. But if this settlement is true, he has shown who he is. Sad

During the last court hearing, Rosengart asked Judge Penny to clear the court room so he could reveal info he received from Jamie's depo but Penny denied.

It's hard for me believe that Rosengart is really in talks with team con to reach a settlement after Jamie's depo and no info he got from questioning Jamie had been used in court against them ?

like... Jamie sat for his depo and was questioned by Rosengart and then thats it? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

remember I had to sue the **** out of my brother it took 5 years and I still got screwed.. The justice systems is ridiculous, they wind up always trying to blame both parties to a  degree..

They're going to wind up saying Britney should've petitioned to have the conservatorship terminated and it was her fault for not doing it sooner etc.. It's just so many *** **** bull**** rabbit holes people get away with when it comes to this crap. Makes me sick...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

Did you miss the latest filing with emails between Jamie, Lou, and J's lawyers talking about Jamie being paid by the record company on the side, and about how Tristar had the medical records, and about how Robin had the passwords to the surveillance material?

Rosengart literally said in the last hearing that Jamie spilled something important and sensitive enough to close the room and make it confidential, that allowed him to ask the judge to let him investigate the finances as far back as 2010.

He also filed a petition about this sensitive enough that it had to be sealed, a couple days ago.

I don't mean to assume the tmz info is total bull****, but these arguments are not very strong.

Actually that email felt like old news to me. Remember when Lou was caught years ago in a different set of emails saying she wanted to find other ways to pay for things outside of the court using Britney's trust ? So to me this "new" 2009 email wasn't exactly bombshell :(

Anywayyys, today PageSix (Rosengart/Britney's media of choice) later followed up confirming what I thought, the depo filings were merely a bargaining a chip to be used during settlement talks. As for the recent things he said in court, it's interesting for sure. But my guess is he is likely looking for more information/financial details he can use to craft together a worthy settlement number for Britney that will get her justice.

Either way I hope Britney will be happy with the outcome even if it does settle. Personally, if she can get justice without a costly and lengthy civil trial, I'll be extremely grateful and happy for her. Civil trials are expensive, stressful, and a public relations NIGHTMARE for all involved. Plus Jamie and Lou would likely make Britney's mental health the cornerstone of any defense he mounts in a civil trial. Obviously, this should be avoided for the sake of Britney's privacy. Imo, Rosengart is smart to keep the fight in probate courts instead of a civil court for now. Probate courts will afford Britney FAR GREATER privacy than a civil court would. Civil courts aren't obliged to do anything primarily in the greater interest/well being of the petitioner (like a probate court does towards a conservatee). 

The New York Times are also reporting this news …. 7 million…. After paying Rosengart what’s gonna be left? Half?… depressing. 

Britney clearly doesn’t want to settle.. she’s very vocal about wanting JUSTICE… where the F is the Justice? Why are we still playing he said she said over one tiny matter that is the twelfth accounting for A YEAR! 

This could’ve been moved to federal court… this could’ve been brought to the California’s district attorney office.. MANY things could’ve been done to go hard on team con but yet we are still stuck in this tiny probate courtroom that is overbooked, pathetic situation.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Complication said:

I don't understand much about law, but I know that settling a civil case doesn't always mean you can't proceed with a criminal case. Maybe they feel they have enough evidence to put this current case aside, and then actually press charges against them all? 

Makes no sense for TriStar and Jamie to settle PAYING money without also asking for everything to be dropped.. their negotiations obviously include for everything to dropped

1 hour ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Makes no sense for TriStar and Jamie to settle PAYING money without also asking for everything to be dropped.. their negotiations obviously include for everything to dropped

It's what happened with the first allegations against Michael Jackson, they settled the civil case and it was made a point that criminal charges could still be made, but the family took the money and ran.

It would be a risk they'd have to take. Britney could just reject their deal if they don't do things her way and continue to drag them through the mud.

If there is a settlement reached, aside from the millions , I expect a full acknowledgment and apology for their wrong doing. The spirit of the deal should be to compensate her, however possible, for stealing 13 years of her life, dignity, womanhood, sanity, parenthood, free will, as well as the lifetime of issues this has created. If they just want to write her a check (surely for a fraction of what they stole from her) and buy her silence then I hope it’s no deal. 

Lou will face what she has done either way. She either ends her career in as a dishonest fraud but still shows a glimmer of humanity by writing Brit a massive check; Or, Rosengart wipes the floor with her wig in court and she gets all of the above plus jail time.

• Like 2

From the last hearing on Aug.25... which was just last month ! 

and this summart thread..

...... and now suddenly TMZ reported 

"We're told Rosengart had a change of heart roughly a month ago and offered to end the legal fight for a price ... around $7 million. Sources tell us lawyers for Tri Star and Jamie wanted to know how he reached that figure, but they say Rosengart didn't offer specifics, so there was an impasse. "  :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

and also, Robin Greenhill has rushed back to court pleading not to be forced to sit for a deposition ?? WHY RUSHED BACK TO COURT PLEADING NOT TO BE FORCED TO BE DEPOSED if they're in settlement talks??

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/813895-robin-greenhill-has-rushed-back-to-court-pleading-not-to-be-forced-to-sit-for-a-deposition/

These just doesn't make sense ! SOMEONE IS FEEDING LIES TO TMZ and PageSix ! 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block