Settlement talks between Britney, Jamie Spears and Tri-Star are reportedly underway

hello70

Hmmm.... T(rash)MZ is reporting that Britney and Rosengart is currently in talks with Team Con. They write:

Lawyers for Britney Spears and Jamie Spears are in talks to end their contentious legal battle ... sources with direct knowledge on both sides tell TMZ...

Our sources say a few months after the conservatorship ended last November, lawyers for Jamie and Tri Star approached Rosengart to settle their differences, but Britney's lawyer was having none of it and was going full steam ahead.

We're told Rosengart had a change of heart roughly a month ago and offered to end the legal fight for a price ... around $7 million. Sources tell us lawyers for Tri Star and Jamie wanted to know how he reached that figure, but they say Rosengart didn't offer specifics, so there was an impasse.

And even more interesting...

This is not to say everyone's on the same page. Sources with direct knowledge of Tri Star and Jamie tell TMZ ...  Rosengart is "scrambling" to settle the case. A source with direct knowledge in Britney's camp, however, tells TMZ ... Rosengart is not scrambling at all, and general settlement talks are simply standard operating procedure in any legal dispute.

Confused Britney Spears GIF

What do we think about this? On one hand a settlement would allow Britney the space to finally heal and move on from such a traumatic experience bound to get worse during a civil trial. On the other hand, I'm sure she could care less about the money and would rather see Team Con in jail (something less likely in the event of a settlement).

I wonder what this news means for those of us who were hoping for criminal charges. A civil settlement doesn't necessarily rule that out, but given all that we know so far it does not seem to be the case that criminal charges are on the horizon.

Rally GIF by GIPHY News

Source:

f945b44fc4d14be6b2fdba358d913596_xl.jpg

Lawyers for Britney Spears and Jamie Spears are in talks to end their contentious legal battle ... sources with direct knowledge on both sides tell TMZ.

brit-just-say.jpg.854b160f0a5064c4bd9e9cf55c72a98f.jpg

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

talks of it really are standard in law, doesn't mean it will happen lol

Yeah I know it's standard...but at this point in the process and considering the general slogginess of both parties (very typical for lawyers who want to settle) and lack of bombshell evidence lately, things to seem to be at a stand still.

Plus did Jamie ever sit down for that depo? I don't think he did despite the deadline, my guess is the depo was a bargaining chip to get Team Con over a barrel for a better position during settlement talks?

Or maybe I'm reading into it too much lol this case has me up a wall sometimes

Season 6 Bip GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

TMZ lie all the time, but this one seems believable. Rosengart is not doing his job. He does not use the surveillance evidence given by NYT. I think it is about to be expired to be used in court as evidence against Jamie and co. Noone will go to jail because Mr. Rosengart is not even doing the bare minimum. 

• Haha 5
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block