Britney Jean appreciation thread

It’s very 2010s-esque. Had Britney recorded all the vocals, the album was a bit more polished, it would be a decent installment from her discography. They also shouldn’t have marketed it as her most personal record. Some songs shouldn’t have made the cut. A lot of songs actually had nice melodies. They just require better production. 
If it was done right, it could have been a 6/10. But they messed up the whole project completely. 

I don't understand how there wasn't a bigger scandal around this album. It wasn't even sung by Britney in 95% of it. Advertising it as her most personal? Are these people on dr**s? Terrible production. Generic songs. Marie's ridiculous voice. Only 'Perfume,' 'Hold on Tight,' and 'Now That U Found You' save this sad album. And even then, they feel more like b-sides than album tracks. What saves this album is the booklet with the beautiful photos. 

I never listen to the album, nor do I consider it part of Britney's canon.

• Like 3

I understand why some people don’t like the album or were disappointed with it, however I LOVE this album. Don’t Cry came out at the perfect time and it turned into my life anthem at the time. I also love Now That I Found You and Hold On Tight… And of course, Work *****! Such an iconic song. I will always defend this album until the end. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Like 2

My issue with BJ is that it could've been a great EP instead of an LP, do you know what I mean? 
Or even 2 EPs, one with all the EDM songs, and another with the ballad/soft songs, for example:

EP1:
Work *****
It Should Be Easy
Tik Tik Boom 
Body Ache
'Till It's Gone

EP2:
Alien
Perfume
Brightest Morning Star
Hold On Tight
Don't Cry

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block