Settlement talks between Britney, Jamie Spears and Tri-Star are reportedly underway

hello70

Although they may be in settlement talks which is standard, I don't believe that Rosengart is "scrambling to settle" for a measly 7 million. In my opinion this is Tristar and Jamie "scrambling to settle" for 7 million to make it go away and leaked the story to push this narrative. Settlement might happen but the amount Tristar and Jamie have pitched (and in my opinion it is them that pitched this figure) is an insult.  

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 9/17/2022 at 3:38 AM, hello70 said:

Actually that email felt like old news to me. Remember when Lou was caught years ago in a different set of emails saying she wanted to find other ways to pay for things outside of the court using Britney's trust ? So to me this "new" 2009 email wasn't exactly bombshell :(

Anywayyys, today PageSix (Rosengart/Britney's media of choice) later followed up confirming what I thought, the depo filings were merely a bargaining a chip to be used during settlement talks. As for the recent things he said in court, it's interesting for sure. But my guess is he is likely looking for more information/financial details he can use to craft together a worthy settlement number for Britney that will get her justice.

Either way I hope Britney will be happy with the outcome even if it does settle. Personally, if she can get justice without a costly and lengthy civil trial, I'll be extremely grateful and happy for her. Civil trials are expensive, stressful, and a public relations NIGHTMARE for all involved. Plus Jamie and Lou would likely make Britney's mental health the cornerstone of any defense he mounts in a civil trial. Obviously, this should be avoided for the sake of Britney's privacy. Imo, Rosengart is smart to keep the fight in probate courts instead of a civil court for now. Probate courts will afford Britney FAR GREATER privacy than a civil court would. Civil courts aren't obliged to do anything primarily in the greater interest/well being of the petitioner (like a probate court does towards a conservatee). 

Yes the email felt like old news because we expect it to be just that, but that filing brough confirmation of wrondoings which is important too, I think winning a trial is not all about bombshell news, I think it's more about catching the opposing team in little mistakes (just my opinion, though, I'm no lawyer).

Anyway you kind of just replied to yourself there, making a pretty solid case on why she may actually want to settle and why that's fine. And if Britney wants to settle (and we'll see about that) then Rosengart is doing his job just fine, too.

As I said in another topic about this: IF this is true, then we should support Britney and her decision.

IF this is true, I can see her wanting to settle things down (even though she's been saying she wants them in jail and frustrated about how they got away with all of it) to finally let things go... maybe it's part of her healing process, maybe she's too tired to fight about this (after all her dad and TriStar keep stalling things all the time).

She can finally make her decisions and finally has the right to change her mind (no seas cortes).

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block