Britney clears up her Christina Aguilera post: by no means was I being critical of Christina's beautiful body, she inspires me!

Slayer

2 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Practice seeing the best in her, not jumping on the bandwagon of hating Britney Spears, which has been a cultural trend for 25 years. Let's stop that. 

There's is a difference between hating on someone or what someone does and arguing why oneself is not fond of what she said and giving good reason as to why.

I never attacked her, didn't call her names, just gave reason why this post in the awakening of her posting before "stay woke" was illfitting and gave me fat shaming and body dysmorphia vibes. The same things she had to fight with all her career. This post read as if she was doing the same to one of her peers which gives people with other body shapes an icky feeling me included.

Again before you jump to conclusions I didn't literally drag her, rather how her post can be interpreted. Read what I wrote in other threads or leave me alone and don't attack people in exhale because you make assumptions about whether they did something in they way you thought they did XD

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Greg Sargent said:

She needs a reality show. Along with the rest of the Spears and the Federlines. They would probably annihilate the Kardashians in ratings and become a billionaire family. Then everyone (including Jamie Lou) would be happy and wealthy forever.

Probably a bad idea imo.

It was the right thing to do. 

I think Britney should be more careful about her posts in social media.

The backlash she received for the post was big, I mean there was no way to defend the post, even if she didn’t mean to fat shaming Christina, the way it was written made her look really bad.

Like I said in another post, Britney has every right to be mad and to speak up for herself; however, she should think about how does she wants to put herself out there.

I mean at the beginning of her freedom everyone was rooting for her, but as time passes by and after every bitter post I think people have stop siding with her on everything.

Personally I think there are some matters she should address privately, not because is wrong for her to express herself publicly, but for the use of certain words that can come up really wrong, just like the Xtina post.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, pieceofphil said:

There's is a difference between hating on someone or what someone does and arguing why oneself is not fond of what she said and giving good reason as to why.

I never attacked her, didn't call her names, just gave reason why this post in the awakening of her posting before "stay woke" was illfitting and gave me fat shaming and body dysmorphia vibes. The same things she had to fight with all her career. This post read as if she was doing the same to one of her peers which gives people with other body shapes an icky feeling me included.

Again before you jump to conclusions I didn't literally drag her, rather how her post can be interpreted. Read what I wrote in other threads or leave me alone and don't attack people in exhale because you make assumptions about whether they did something in they way you thought they did XD

All good! Britney's fans understood what she meant because we know who she is. Our hearts are connected as she says. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Derwood said:

I think she's doing great. I am sorry all you see is the negative you want to see. But Freud said we see in others what bothers us most about ourselves. Maybe you're the mean girl? She's just insecure in her words and spoke out of context and that confused you.

Please honey I cheer her all the time - pull your head out. I'm concerned for HER and what constant backlash will do to her when she's impulsively bringing up the same woman over and over again. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, JAI318 said:

Because she was referring to her dancers, not her directly. 

I know, I realise that, I think I just took her literally when she said “I never even mentioned Christina” - because she did mention her. It’s me, I’m misunderstanding and I found it hard to get my head around it! 

I fully understand that in her post she was talking about the size of the backing dancers, not Christina, my posts over the past couple of days show that. It’s just this one I’m being dumb about haha! 

• Haha 1
Just now, pancake said:

why are ppl fighting so much?

We're defending Britney from the white gays who are so willing to surveille, police, and trash Britney when she symbolizes something they don't like about themselves. That's the culture that helped to frame her and imprison her in the beginning. Some people still haven't figured out that the culture was part of the problem too, not just the conservators and media!

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mchavz87 said:

It was the right thing to do. 

I think Britney should be more careful about her posts in social media.

The backlash she received for the post was big, I mean there was no way to defend the post, even if she didn’t mean to fat shaming Christina, the way it was written made her look really bad.

Like I said in another post, Britney has every right to be mad and to speak up for herself; however, she should think about how does she wants to put herself out there.

I mean at the beginning of her freedom everyone was rooting for her, but as time passes by and after every bitter post I think people have stop siding with her on everything.

Personally I think there are some matters she should address privately, not because is wrong for her to express herself publicly, but for the use of certain words that can come up really wrong, just like the Xtina post.

Reaching. If you misinterpreted the post and bandwagoned that's on you.

• Love 2

What she meant was clear to me. I could understand why people questioned the post though. Only because of the image she shared the Caption with. I could laugh at it but my family loved Rodney Dangerfield Back to school and such. So I saw it as Britney digging on herself. I figured she was watching old videos of herself. And of other pop girls. Just like she was looking at old pictures. 

I think When Britney says she didn't mention Christina look at my post, she means she didn't tag her. She wasn't trying to be mean. Just voice her frustrations with what her family did to her as a performer, as a mom and as a woman.

• Love 5

Britney we love you , I am sorry I misunderstood your post hun. This response is pure class and maturity. Especially for the backlash a misunderstanding gave. 

I think most of us reacted the way we did because its like " wait this is very un Britney like" which prob caused so many mixed emotions. We love you.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, UnyewsualYew said:

Please honey I cheer her all the time - pull your head out. I'm concerned for HER and what constant backlash will do to her when she's impulsively bringing up the same woman over and over again. 

There's a good reason Britney keeps bringing up Xtina. If you were ever bullied in school, the memory of your tormentor tends to stick for life.

I have no doubt that Britney was disturbed by Christina's behaviour enough in the early noughties for it to linger in her mind...deeply. They've known each other since childhood.

How Justin and Christina treated Britney was disgraceful and I don't blame her for holding a grudge, which I suspect she does. It's not just their behaviour...it was the entire attitude of the culture at the time which seems to enjoy watching Justin and Christina take cheap shots at Britney for next to no reason.

The public salivated for it. If social media existed back then, Christina probably would have GAINED social media followers by calling Britney fat.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block